Steganography Thread

>What is Steganography?

Basically hiding shit in various media files, pictures, audio, whatever. Read more about it here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steganography

I'm not terribly good at this, and I'm still doing basic shit with this.
This was the first one I ever tried. I never completed it myself but I know what the hidden picture is.

Post and solve some puzzles

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/UhWfDDEb
pastebin.com/4k71TL79
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never managed to get this one

If I had to guess based off an older puzzle I did, the band of pixels probably mean something in RGB values.

Using windows would have helped

Welp
wonder what it did

reported

>232kb

o shit I hope I don't have to go through all of that pixel by pixel

Was this your image?

I need help.

I've got an image the same dimensions as mr. trips over here but the image is blank.

This is the b64 I've got?

pastebin.com/UhWfDDEb

Aha!

I put it in hex, but now I can't gather the important bits of it.

pastebin.com/4k71TL79

That's the binary representation of a JPG image. Save it to a file and try to open it.

Welp I guess I'm retarded because it's not working.

I keep getting this

cornelia tan was fun.

Are you really that stupid?

I can't save it to a file because I'm running MacOS 9

>kill me

You pathetic, snivelling, doofus.

When are you ever gonna learn? Can't you see? Don't you understand?

Reminder that posting images containing hidden content is against Sup Forums rules due to abuse in the past, so don't freak out if this thread gets deleted.

>harmless sound threads
>abuse

Literally what is that supposed to mean.

I know what the end result image is, another user managed to decrypt it in the puzzle, he found base64 embedded in the m.jpg in a comment line somewhere and piped that into an image and we got the image 300x100 of a spooky skellington holding a gun up to its school with the words 'the game'. That was the answer which led us to q8. I found only some of the b64, and I don't have the rest and I need to find this to finally put the puzzle to rest.

These weren't the only reason, m8.

Dear, I understand that you are a member of the moderation team, or are at least in vommunication with the team.

While I don't like to stick my nose in other peoples' business I thought I should relay a current goings-on related to this thread.

It has come to my attention that the image related to this post: will, when viewed in an image viewer, release a tentacled monstrosity which in one instance committed unspeakable acts to one of my kinfolk.

For this reason I request that you take appropriate action in removing possibility of a repeat incident. Please forward this to your superiors immediately.

Thank you

>noone gave a fuck about about rarjpg for 7 years
>someone found you can actually embed sound/videos to images
>sound threads got popular
>mac mini servers start melting
>suddenly embedded content is not allowed
>not the only reason
Sure.

I'm not a mod, it's just that I've seen it happen a few times already.

Yea I'm running into the same problem that has, I don't think all the data is in that image.

Thank you for informing me.

Please delete the previous message immediately.