How to fake this as broken?

What can I do to this card to get it to stop working without someone being able to tell it was tampered with?

unplug the fan and run furmark for a couple of days

I have 6 hours.

why

Jizz on it

It's a long story but it's not "I'm 22 living with my parents trying to abuse the system so they'll buy me a new computer xd lmao" in case you were wondering

Then rip off all the capacitors and glue them back on

Lmao post results faggot

What do the red and black cables do? Because when I took it out, the red came loose on one end.

Run some mains voltage at random over the pcb or pci connector. If something blows it should look like a faulty part but even without letting out the magic smoke something should give even with brief contact.

Preferably something without smoke considering I do not have fire insurance.

Provide power to the fan on the heatsink

Do what on the who?

This. Take a 9v battery and connect it to where the fan is soldered on the back of the PCB with some wire.

In all honesty, there's probably nothing you can do with your level of knowledge that wouldn't end up with you dying.

Welp. That's shitty. I really need to kill this or any other part of my PC in the next 6 hours.

Take a 9volt battery and connect it to random points on the board until it dies. Bonus points for daisy chaining multiple batteries

Piss on it

Running a strong magnet over your harddrive will turn it into a brick. That's probably the safest thing you can do, but I wouldn't be surprised if you still somehow manage to hurt yourself.

This is the easiest way to brick a board.

In case anyone is wondering, here is the interior of my PC without the card inside if anyone has any better advice.

Open the window you idiot. And brief contact only, this isn't some 'urban youth' you're trying to subdue with your tazer

You're going to jail, mate.

Considering the card I bet you have a 110v-230v switch in your power supply, if it's any part of your pc then just switch it.

Welp. Time to get out some appropriate music. *price is right losing theme*

On the back of the PSU there should be a switch that allows you to change between 110V and 230V. Change it, turn it on, then change it back. Congratulations, you have killed your PSU.

So when it gets killed, I just switch it back?

>this isn't some 'urban youth' you're trying to subdue with your tazer
If you don't use a gun for that, you deserve whatever happens to you.

Yep

we should date, are you comfortable in sailor uniforms?

Yes. Switch it back to hide the evidence. Otherwise you go straight to jail!

Sure, but I should probably let you know that I have no arms or legs. I'm typing this with my chin as we speak.

Lmao post results please

I know im almost definitely being a pussy but I feel like doing this, im gonna blow up my apartment.

There will br a short bang, but no one should die except the PSU.

results are meh he'll just hear a bang and pc won't turn on

That's not even true, I used to have a laptop hard drive that was fucking up and I could get another few days out of it by running a big ass magnet across it a few times

Dude I have a roommate here who is 10 times more paranoid than I am watching me do this constantly asking me if what im doing is going to cause a fire.

dude wtf it's you again?

Just desolder a part and it should fuck up on its own
>implying you have a soldering iron
Just burn the connections with a lighter to get the solder to drip off

Again, it's only a loud bang. I've once had this when playing Half Life Ep1 on settings too high and with a weak PSU.

If you have a soldering iron you can just use it solder some things that should not be connected together that should kill it.

Is he cute? Post pics.

Let's go back to the red and black wires near the fan. Can someone tell me their purpose?

This will leave burning marks and will be easy to spot.

Nothing is gonna blow you pussy, just do it

>don't think
>do it
>watch him squeak at the bang
>switch it back erase your fingerprints from switch

Its called a power cable

It's just the power cable for the fan

lemme guess, you work at some shitty company that forces you to use obsolete hardware because of:
>muh costs
>"i don't need to invest in hardware"

is that right?

HOLD UP PLAYA

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THE RED END GOING INTO THE FAN WAS DISCONNECTED

The bang is more like a pop, it's the sound of the fuse inside the PSU blowing. So flick the switch and turn it on while you and your roommate tweak each others nipples.

It's true, when that drive finally died it was what lead me to create the TidOS distribution. Here's a picture of my laptop after the disk died (you can see I have 2 flash drives plugged in which isn't really proof but I promise this is all true)

Ok, does your graphic card have a power cable to the mainboard?

Not quite. I explained it all yesterday and no one was of help. Then again, much more people are responding today.

your card will throttle down when it'll start getting hot
everything will work fine

The fan wont run

Wtf you eatin, son?

No it fits in like a card in a slot.
And what if the black side going into the fan came loose too?

I believe you. There was a research paper released a few years back that found aligning small weak magnets horizontally on a HDD could improve transfer speeds by as much 36%

It's called a burrito. It's a flour tortilla with beans, cheese, and sour cream inside. I also put some cheese, sour cream, and salsa on top of it which made it very tasty.

hit it with big hammer i guarantee successful.

>And what if the black side going into the fan came loose too?
Still nothing. The card will still work.

Fuck. How bout the DVD tray? Anything easy I can do there?

You know, these jokes (delete system32, Alt+F4 for Superadmin mode, etc) are as old as the internet and really stale.

Nope. Just hit the switch on the psu. It's the quickest and easiest way, and probably the only way of you not hurting yourself.

hit it with big hammer. i guarantee successful.

You can try switching out the mainboard battery to a dead one. Normies wont detect it and call it broken (if they are stupid)

This.

I trust you but im going to save it for an hour before my due time. In case someone has something better and safer sounding.

Bent pins on cpu. Say it was because you moved it around alot

dude nothing can be safer than just blowing up a fuse

bend

hawt

actually aligning very small ( like

More like this

reminds me of those living human loli sex dolls made by an Eastern European surgeon

Why the fuck do you wanna do that?

Are you the guy who needed to break a computer because your boss said something along the lines of "We won't upgrade until PCs break"?

Nope sorry.

Those what now??????

So it's an excuse for not finishing a paper on time then right.
I hope they get someone techie to extract the HDD and copy it out for you.
:^)

Oh.

Remove CPU Heatsink and play some vidya. 3D recommended

Nope. Sorry.

What does that look like?

Yes just remove the fan on the gpu and then run some gpu benchmark program. either that or the 9 volt. Trust me.

All that will do is BSOD. It won't be a permanent solution.

do it while the card is running to get immediate feedback when its broken enough

OP please run 9 volt on bottom of card, preferably to the point below where the GPU is soldiered.

Then keep it running.

Usually it's a fan over the CPU.
If your BIOS supports it keep fan speed on lowest settings for extra heat

>this thread

Maybe if you bothered explaining I'd bother to help. Pretty sure my advice has already been covered by other anons anyways.

pics of roommate pls

Imagine a hairless Simon from Alvin and the chipmunks but much fatter.

Is your roommate Sup Forums?

Place tinfoil under the card, well touching all the contacts, turn on and see the magic happen, then remove tinfoil

That was a good one dude. I actually laughed out loud. I also changed his messenger nickname to Sup Forums.

>tons of advice
>OP is a pussy
>advice for ways in which OP won't be able to kill himself
>OP is still a pussy
Why even ask here if you're not going to do it?