NIGGER RIGGED

What's the most nigger rigged you've ever done tech or non tech.

>trailer is on a partial slant and is moving a tiny bit every year; enough to notice
>door in my room will not close with a normal door knob/lock
>about 1/2 a foot of room under neath for air
>can use your foot to open the door
>put duct tape on the door knob hole
>get 2 neo magnets
>get duct tap
>tape them to the opposite sides of the top of the door and frame on the top of the door
>door now is magnetically shut but can be pulled apart with ease
>for lock, using a small flat head wedged in the door frame to the door and cannot be opened unless you break the frame

>dell monitor
>gets so fucking hot it has literally burned me
>get a basic PC fan from an old shit PC
>rig it to a wall DC adapter that has 12V
>works like a charm
>tape it to the back of it blowing downwarm
>it has cooled off at least 30% or something
and my room is not an oven in the summer since I did this
Why does dell things have to run so hot?

Other urls found in this thread:

partschase.com/image/cache/data/Dell/1908FPC-500x500.jpg
solitairehomes.com/Images/doubleWide/mr3/DSC_0146.JPG
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/db/a6/f9/dba6f9988427cbd6e535bf5a7f865212.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the monitor a CCFL backlit IPS monitor?

If it is, that's why. CCFL backlit IPS monitors were always ridiculously hot.

I wish I knew what that meant. Please forgive my dumbness, will you explain it to me?

partschase.com/image/cache/data/Dell/1908FPC-500x500.jpg
that's my monitor, at this point I love that I have the USB ports and they work great. That's honestly the only reason I use it, if I had the money, I'd but an extra USB hub and a wide screen monitors.

OMELETTE

DU FRAMGE

>trailer is on a partial slant and is moving a tiny bit every year; enough to notice
you might want to get that looked at

we aren't going to be here much longer, maybe the end of the year at best, we've been here for about 5 years. I think we are essentially in the clear. I could be wrong tho about the slant and the trailer is badly built. I don't even get why they are called trailers.

>nig rig
>trailer

c'mon south, are you even trying anymore

Haha, you live in a fucking trailer. Almost as bad as shedguy in those BST threads

eh

>I have no idea what a trailer looks like and I've never been in one and I'm a complete asshole
here ya go dumbass
solitairehomes.com/Images/doubleWide/mr3/DSC_0146.JPG

Too much woodgrain
4/10.

It's not a bad thing tbqh, I mean I don't love it but I can live with it. The only real difference between a "trailer" and a house is the shape, if this were in more of a square, you wouldn't be able to notice much of a difference.

the issue is that there's no basement or attic, so when we moved in we had a lot of shit.

>hard drives held in with yo-yos

I wanna see this.

Not enough wood grain

also that you have a convenient crawlspace for the local wild animals, there's no insulation worth the name, and you could tear the

tear the walls apart with your bare hands

Oh how I know this too well. The good part about is that we aren't like the other retards around here; neighboorhood essentially is nice for the most part accept this one lady next door who you'd think she goes to a garage sale weekly and buys people's crap for no reason. The crawlspace over here has never been opened accept once to do some pipe work, aside from that, it's alright. The walls are NOT fucking insulated at fucking all. I wish they were. Either really hot in the summer or really cold in the winter. Fucking retarded

OK it took me a minute after realizeing it was sideways. That's interesting.
"If it works it aint stupid" - Jeff Foxworthy I believe

That's inside the trailer? Will that even fit on a single road lane?

>if it works it ain't stupid.

Truth, originally was going to use a tube tv, but it would not turn on.

People often think of a "trailer" is a small thing you pick up at like Outdoor world or a camping supply place but the trailer I mean looks like this
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/db/a6/f9/dba6f9988427cbd6e535bf5a7f865212.jpg

I have no idea why it's called a trailer when that's all grounded and can't be moved without disconnecting it. I think it's cause it's built some place else and brought in and it's just faster.

Most trailers in my park are very nice looking, the only difference is is what it looks like compared to a house. However, the further down you go, of course you can tell they've been there a while, either gawdy old lady shit out side or outside toys everywhere and beat up cars. The kind of parents that keep having children and smoking at the same time...
Raspy voice...

Does using Ice sickle xmas lights as my main light source count as a nigger rig? my cieling fan is fucked

Panasonic sub amp gets too hot, nig rig cpu fan to it with wall wart.

Mounted motherboard, psu, and hard drive to a piece of plywood

Ran cat5 through the house using old in-wall vacuum system.

>Ran cat5 through the house using old in-wall vacuum system.
This is prolly the smartest one I've heard yet. It's prolly 10xs easier to maintain

Not really, it's just ambient lighting(really pretty indoors at night).

Only problem is that they're prone to faulty bulbs. I actually have some led stick thingys that lasted me four years and had them in my bedroom. Now I have a led strip that strobe to different colors.

What I really want to do is get one of those "vintage" bulbs for this lamp I salvaged from an old light fixture from outside and painted black. Currently in my bedroom.

oh i see what you did there, that's pretty cool.

Not really a niggerrig, but I built headphones when I was younger from the ground up using the inside of two old speakers, I even painted plastic bugs and glued them to the headset.

They looked metal as fuck, but eventually broke and I never bothered to fix them.

It's called a trailer because you can hook it to the back of a truck and literally drive around with it trailing behind you. They are also known as mobile homes.

that sounds like a neat project

oh hi again
Yeah Mobile homes. I forgot that term. I am so thankful I don't live in a single wide.

the cord on the AC adapter to the thinkpad i use as a faptop got way fucked up (frayed inside i think, had some exposed wire, sometimes sparked, only worked in the right positions), but i didn't want to drop 80 bucks on a power cord for something i use an hour or two every couple days

so i used a bunch of electrical tape to secure the cord in a position where it actually worked and only plugged it in when i was right there at the computer so i could put out any fires that might start

>so i could put out any fires that might start
This is funny and frightening at the same time
LOL

had to use wifi adapter once, was on the edge of wifi range and the fucker used to get burning hot, i broscience'd and thought cooling it down would improve wireless strength
fuck'd it off for a 30m cat5 and never looked back

that file name tho
lol

i did that with a dsl modem which would always shut down

but one day, water went in

rip