Anyone any experience with silent PC cases?

Anyone any experience with silent PC cases?

I currently have a HAF 912 and I'd love to cut down all the noises that come from it when my PC is doing things. How much of a difference is it between a normal PC case and one built for noise reduction? Notable enough?

Here's what I did;

>Spent a tonne of money on trying to make my comp as silent as possible
>silent case, tried a hard drive silencer on the hard drives
>realised this wasn't enough
>drilled a hole in my floor
>bought a few 10m USB cables and a 10m HDMI cable
>put my computer in another room
>now it's absolutely silent regardless

It is your only real option for real silence.

Industrious but unfortunately not an option

It's better to get quite parts than a "silent" case

Water-cool or get better fans, only hook up fans you need for comfy temps at daily computing, if you're innards get too hot, hook up an extra fan, not all at once. Consider a new PSU or GPU as well.

Im about to buy one
Looking at the Corsair 400Q

In that case yeah your only real option is buying quiet parts.

Less fans, quiet as they come PSU, SSD's, if you can't go no GPU get one that doesn't kick the fans on until it hits like 65c

Also positioning your computer so the acoustics help

>water cool
>silent
Nice meme

Tack sound-dampening material on the big panels
Use large fans at low RPMs for everything
Opt for a PSU and GPU that park the fans when under insignificant load
Opt for a massive CPU cooler and use Speedfan to park the CPU fan when under cool temps.
SSD only, or suspend HDDs so they do not contact the case.

I got a Define R4 it's not bad I liked the design but it's not really that silent at maximum cpu load, it's good enough if you get it for cheap tho.

>have to open a panel to have access to ports

hipster fashion-before-function garbage-tier bullshit

Get back into your box, Autismo

I have this chassis filled with pic related.
CPU fan is Arctic Cooling Freezer 13
No other mods or water-cooling.
Its not 'silent' but it is very, very quiet.

buy a macbook. it's completely silent.

yeah, if you want completely silent you're going to have to go for something shit like a macbook or a small, fanless lump with an underpowered processor.

I've got pic related under mah tv and it is truly 100% silent. But it is also slow as hell. I use it for downloading shit and wating it on tv. Or legit streaming from iplayer / Amazon Prime / 4od etc. But I wouldn't want to use it as mah main desktop.

>only one ssd
>no hdd

fkin kill yourself

>t.pajeet
kek

>10m usb cable
>maximum usb cable length without any kind of signal amp is 5m
y-yeah, cool

nice fridge you got there, op

i never tried to make completely silent PC, but i used some basic tricks to make it silent

and so, adding rubber thingies to mechanical HDDs significantly reduced noise, there also are kind of sticky foamy plates to glue inside your case side walls, then wall becomes stiffer and makes less noise (if you have any resonances or whatever)

but generally having quiet PSU (not fanless, just quiet), quiet cpu cooler and quiet case fans set on low RPM does the work well enough.

bequiet 800 + their fans, powersupply and cpu cooler

I've got the define S with a triple 120mm rad on top, 2 140mm fans on the front and 1 140mm fan on the back
Runs pretty quiet since I plugged all the fans into motherboard headers and can control them, as well as the pump
Even though my pc sits a foot away from my right ear, I can only hear the fans spinning if i'm not watching videos/playing music/playing games
The sound foam doesn't do all that much since there's still open vents on the front, back, and top of the case for airflow, so just opt for some quality 140mm fans and turn the speeds down, and also get some rubber bits to put between where your hard drive is in contact with the case

The easiest way is to simply throw money at the problem.

Get a mobo that can define custom pwm curves for fans. buy 140mm poo fans and move all your hdds to a nas in another room.

If you need a gpu, buy a 1070 with an AIO so it can use 120mm poo fans, and underclock and undervolt it.

Buy a "hybird" power supply so that fan can switch off while not under load.

Buy SSDs, get 5400 RPM drives, get noctura fans.

Water cooling is more noisy than air cooling. You have the same fans, just in a different location, namely grouped on one end of the case to amplify the noise plus a water pump that will make your computer sound like a fish tank.

Just use eartips

theoretically it's possible to build custom WC loop without a pump and fans (or with low-rpm ones), just huge ass radiator above the cpu so warm liquid can move up and be cool down in radiator. it'd require rather high cpu operating temps and low tdp so liquid won't warm up too much before moving upwards, but it's kinda possible

but in practice yeah, wc is just a way to move radiator away from cpu, not some magical temp-lowering physics-bending piece of technology

it's also possible to submerge compuer in mineral oil tank, but at some point mineral oil has to be cooled down as well so again, rather low tdp - but it's 100% quiet solution

Somewhat related, are closed loop CPU coolers any more noisy?

Currently setting up a MiniITX build and was thinking of using one to make it less of a headache in fitting an air cooler.

Depends on the one you get. Look up whichever ones have quiet pumps and thick rads, those'll give you the low noise and slightly better temps

In this same vein, I'm building a freenas server that I'm going to stick in that case and I'm looking online for a cabinet to stick it in with a return vent and filter on the front and an exhaust fan in the back. I've had absolutely no luck. Does nothing like this exist or am I going to have to build one myself?
If something like this actually does exist, it might cut down on the noise OP, depending on what fan(s) the cabinet has