19 years since it first came out

>19 years since it first came out
>still the best music player around

Why do all music players suck so hard compared to Winamp?

Looks like someone never heard of foobar2000 and MusicBee

because you're too dense to even try foobar

Both over-engineered pieces of shite. Winamp nailed it in the UI department.

It has a better UI for normies and looks cooler (by default). I personally still use it.

>tfw the doom skin is the height of 90's UI design

Anyone know what kind of spectrum visualizer this is?

Or anything like it?

I just want to fool around with a minimal visualizer I can put on my desktop for fun.

>foobar2000
>overengineered

That MIGHT be the Monstercat equalizer for rainmeter. Looks like he duplicated the equalizer and altered the angles

this was the correct layout.

I kind of miss the winamp and AIM icons chilling in my taskbar at all times

Winamp takes a few seconds to open and loads an entire GUI of unnecessary shit when I just want to listen to a track.

WMP just opens and plays the track. Simple.

Although how he changed the colors to be different on each bar is beyond me, not that tech saavy.

forgot pic

When it's this re-release meant to happen? It's been years and not a peep from the new devs...

fb2k>textmode players>winamp=itunes>shit>musicbee

Are the new owners ever going to release the new version? The website's been saying coming soon for like 5 years.

>Winamp takes a few seconds to open

How old is your PC? 10 years? More?

It feels like a heavier program whereas WMP feels much lighter.

>not using deezer, sporify or something else for 5€/month

Retarded

>WInaMP

Global hot keys and milkdrop are still the tits after all these years.

winamp opens instantly.. foobar takes like 2 seconds to start playing music for some reason

IT REALLY WHIPS THE LLAMA'S ASS

Oh, americans

>graphic equalizer

whats wrong my nigga?

i just dont get why every music player has to include a graphical equalizer when hardly anyone knows how to use one

second, parametric eqs are vastly superior for tweaking frequencies

Casual player for plebs.
foobar2000 is seriouse business.

Even i know this, i used Winamp since when it was in Beta testing phase when i was quite young.

Shoutcast radio streams and TV were awesome in their time too.

It is time to let go. (or stay pleb)

You have to be baiting you cant be this fucking dumb choosing winamp over Foobar2k

nothing wrong with using shoutcast's website

foobar is for autists and 4chen nerds

that's okay user

>Foobar is for people who enjoy there music.
ftfy

Not everybody is an autist who wants to spend 4 hours configuring/ricing his music player and digging through 5 years of add-ons that all break each other and have retarded dependencies and haven't been updated in 2 years just so he can justify having two monitors by leaving foobar open all the time on one of them.

>paying for music

>licking the lama's ass

Foobar works great out of the box with most audio setups. You have no idea what you are talking about.

But that's NOT why people use it. People (especially Sup Forumstards) use it because it can be riced from the ground up.

Winamp all the way, sucker! Foobar2k is for bitches.

winamp > vlc > fb2k

Its part of what's great about foobar, you can customize it anyway you want, or not. And its great either way.

Stop with the mental gymnastics and just accept foobar is a great player.

"S-STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE"
REEEE

Winamp 2.95 was great for an absurdly long time, but I finally moved to AIMP3, which is basically the closest you can get to a modernized Winamp 2.9x.

It's so true. I still run the version from 2000. :)

Nobody ever said it wasn't great, but it's not the best.

The only people who claim it's the best are people who use it specifically to rice it out, which is literally the only advantage it has over any other player.

Stop with the mental gymnastics and just accept that foobar isn't the best and your opinion is in the minority.

It would probably be much more complicated to include a multiband parametric EQ than it is to put in a graphic EQ.

with linux I use audacious

Winamp should become open sores

>I explicitly stated it was da best

but i didn't. Stop implying things to justify your argument, also you cant really go wrong with most players its just UI preference.

Damn this place is Sup Forums 2.0 now

same shit with uTorrent 2.2.1
tryhards will never succeed at creating such magnificient software

traffic cone master race sry

winamp has the best UI by far, but unfortunately the current bugs w/ stopped development forced me to switch to fb2k. foobar is annoying in comparison.

I was gonna ask how many still use WinAmp and VLC?

Kinda tells you enough about them.

This, but I had the playlist about 4x taller placing the whole program in the upper right corner.

2003? Mah, I remember the debate on why to skip 3 and stick to 2.

Winamp still have it's uses, like the writedisk->WAV file plugin that is built in that is very fast.

I even use the ZXCVB keys Winamp uses for my Foobar.

It plays all the formats I have, and when I had a hardware accelerated soundcard it also played ASIO at 5ms without hickups.

AIMP

ASIO is not hardware acceleration, it's direct hardware control. Dumbfuck.

It must be hard for you when you can't even read.

Love Winamp.

Shoutcast TV/Radio was ACE!

SaltWaterPimp/SaltWaterChimp were the best.

Using Winamp now. Still the best.

>Download the folder library plug-in
>Winamp is perfect now

Why would I update?

>downloading shitty quality music files from bumfuck places
>instead of paying a small amount of money for unlimited music from millions of artists

you kill yourself poor bitch

Why would I use anything else?

>paying a "small amount" to these corporations
>monthly
>not even all artists are available

0/10

Irrelevant ones

>2016
>paying for anything you can easily torrent

it is heavier.

>K€sha

>€
>Ke$ha
FTFY

Foobar has the worst interface of any music player. Playlist creation is crap too. However, I like its massive plugin support and the fact that it looks great with Windows Classic schemes.

Winamp has a nice, compact interface, easily-browsed library, and I quite like that the modules of the player come apart and can be placed wherever you like on screen.

However, I run Winamp on my Win98 machine and the last version that supported Win98 is incredibly unstable and slow. 5.66 is bulletproof.

I've had weird bugs where Winamp will take hours to open. It usually stops doing that before I figure out what's causing it.

Foobar2000's UI is very flexible and modifiable

yes but it takes a relatively long time to get the interface to behave the way you want. Its default settings are very un-user-friendly and awkward if you've used other music players.

Winamp's ready to go right out of the installer and is much simpler.

>He doesn't use iTunes

>not streaming music throughout the entire network, thus forcing your coworkers to listen to anime ops all day

>he uses iTunes

this

That looks so complicated to use.

>single threaded

lel

Sonique was here.Everything else is SHIT.

Mi negro.

What did you expect would happen with the surge of normies after the fappening, and all the mobile Sup Forums apps using Sup Forums as the default board?

That's not Spotify.

im a tad surprised you chink toon loving losers havent mentioned soritong

Come on, step it up.

shit, son. you aint even trying

>Why do all music players suck so hard compared to Winamp?

None of them know how to properly whip a llama's ass.

iTunes 10 is superior if you like coverflow eyecandy and organization.

Mediamonkey is superior if you like turboautist organization

foobar is superior for lightweight play

Winamp is superior if you like anime skins, visualizations and playlists

>implying winamp isn't overengineered

this

In hindsight winamp should have been open sourced. The community would have kept it alive. This radionomy company dropped the ball.

Open source programs are inferior to non os ones most of the times.

Shit is perfect as is, at most the comunity would have to add support for new formats

More importantly is Winamp ever going to be updated?

Its site has said "there's more coming soon" for quite a time now.

I've been using Winamp for so long I just can't force myself to use anything else for as long as it works.

AIMP3 is good enough now

I remember when i switched to gnu.loonix exclusively and finding out that audacious has exact winamp skin. Felt good :')

I just use MPC to play music.

The best thing about it is that there's literally nothing wrong with it and nothing superior in your special snowflake choice. You can play music with it, the discussion ends there but you victims managed to create an entire heated discussion about it.

AWWW YEAAA BOIIII

>le anime gril tells u "kill urself my man xD" because you actually agree that musicians deserve to be paid and not play their music for some Sup Forums neckbeards for free