Why are people suddenly interested in Computer Science?

Why are people suddenly interested in Computer Science?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eb2AybuNOlc
bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=eb2AybuNOlc

One word. Feminists.

Not the Sam Hyde video, disappointed

This.

bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm

and this, it's the largest growing field atm just like Chemical/Petroleum/Electrical Engineering was 2-4 years ago

Because of social networks, smartphones and meme startups. I truly hate what this fucking industry has become.

wont having so much people go into this field mean lower pay?

sshhhhh....., also the job growth for all these fields is pretty enormous at the moment, plus not everyone can do Software Engineering/Web Development. I've seen all the retards get weeded out in my 100 and 200 level classes easily

Only Webdev's

No one cares what you hate faggot

why so hostile?

3 men 1 woman. I guess all her holes will be filled.

Why are there no male dentists?

>Computer Science
You mean "coding", right?

Depends on the area, really.
There are already areas where the pay went drastically down, e.g. see web dev.
But on the other hand even if you have thousands of poos and hipsters with javascript, there will still be areas that are too "boring" or too "hard" for the big majority, so these areas will never be overrun and will still have decent pay.

>2016
>assuming gender

Can't say the same about other states, but there are more CS job openings than there are CS grads in California. Not only that, but they're fairly high-paying offers too, so it's bound to attract a lot of students.

But i doubt the majority of those are positions for web devs.

nigger you blind? it's literally at 73%

Tfw when accidental swastika

>accidental

I wouldn't say a majority, but there's a significant amount of webdev/full stack jobs available.

>EE
>90% boys
Yes~

>Software developer
>tfw paid 18k year

that's true, at the moment the pay for competent people is so astronomical that it's still a good job though

how could you be getting paid that little?

No one is really answering you.

Yes, bigger supply of workers will lower pay. And since this is work for which, there are no borders, you are competing with pajeet for the same job. Happy coding :)

is it at least comfy

globalization. see

>California
Its a shithole desu

What Computer Science? One woman is holding a thermos and the other is on facebook. They've never compiled anything in their lives.

Did you just come out of your hibernation m8?

>dat reference

>Why are people suddenly interested in Computer Science?
Because contrary to what Sup Forums wants you to believe, programming jobs and other computer science related jobs, are actually quite well paid.

Don't listen to the jewish lies Sup Forums spout about how the market is saturated with cheap indians and girls; they only want to keep their fat salaries for themselves.

Why are you frightened? Afraid truth is still out there?

The media has highlighted the few people who struck it big. There is some kind of prevalent perception that if you learn "computers" you could be the next Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. This has been fueled more by a number of newer tech company that started with coding,
>because Facebook's fiscal success was solely do to good codding and had nothing to do with social connections or capitalizing on other factors that were in play which rarely happen.

To be honest I plan to start getting into it, mainly as the barrier to entry is so low that anyone could pick it up. However I also know that such low barriers means a flood of stupid wannabes that make it harder to succeed. But my goal is not so much to succeed, as it is to keep my engineering mindset working. Sadly I don't have the resources to build experimental aircraft and other things more in line with my skills and interests, but I can build experimental code which uses a lot of the same mental muscles. And I got to use them or I would go mad with boredom and loose a good chunk of my intelligence. I can already feel it slipping away as none of my jobs use a fraction of my mental capabilities.

Yes, we see this time and time again. Schools are teach what was the next big thing, when they need to tech what will be the next big thing. This is partly why our labor market is so jacked up and every 2~5 years a great paying job field falls apart badly.

On a larger level we need to admit not everyone can be whatever they want. But that is a much bigger debate that should go to Sup Forums

>people

well you get to sit at computer all day which less physically demanding than say machinist

>hibernation
>unironically storing RANDOM ACCESS data on PERMANENT STORAGE units

>market is not saturated
>jewish lies

irony in a post... because it is saturated is why there would be jewish lies about it not being saturated. because more workers means your skills aren't so valuable anymore, that means lower wages and as much as trump followers would like to erect walls to trade, there are no walls they can erect to outsourcing of computer work services like programming that can literally be done anywhere in the world.

heil

>because it is saturated i
If it is saturated, how come I get bi-weekly calls from recruiters and HR staff wanting me to and currently have a salary that's over one standard deviation above the national average, despite the fact that I only have 1.5 years of experience?

Work from home meme

What exactly are the academic skills that you have?

half true, H1b that allows the curry to work in the Californian office like any other is even worse for the job market of locals than outsourcing, since not everything can be 100% outsourced

Feminists want to know how to build femsites where they post inane bullshit and gain weight. They'll then proceed to bitch about not getting a man on social media while exclaiming they're too much for a man on tumblr. This is what's known as land whale logic.

MSc in computer science from a public university

H1Bs in the computer science field are the failings of America. Traditionally you had workers that came in and worked while sending a small percentage home. Now companies can get away with company provided housing while pajeets send most of their paycheck home. H1Bs are in a very literal sense bleeding America dry.

Computer science has different fields like practical (programming, database), theoretical (logic, computation theory, AI), technical (computer engineering, embedded systems) and applied (bio informatics) computer science.
Normies are interested in practical computer science because muh games, muh Facebook, muh web development.
If someone is interested in at least one of the other three then you know they're actually interested in computer science

Canada has a way more sensible approach: A company is not allowed to outsource unless they're unable to find a qualified citizen.

>tfw working in a field combining cs and another science
>tfw pajeets can't take muh job since they're shit at both cs and said science
>tfw not even good at programming but doesn't matter

I'm pretty sure all my managers up to this point have all been closet racists who clearly prefer white people. We had a Pajeet working in my old place once, he was let go after six months because being in charge of developing an Android app was clearly out of his league.

Most of the women at the dentist's office are dental hygienists. The actual dentist, with the PhD, is usually a guy.

Creating dogshit in Ruby on Rails isn't computer science.

A vast majority of programmers don't even need to study CS to be competent, a fact that major companies like Google are slowly starting to realize.

Google still doesn't hire Ruby on Rails faggots. Even having that on your resume is a good way to get blacklisted.

This is why more tech companies are hiring people who took a 3 month computer science workshop than a person who has spent $60,000 for their 4 year degree.

Less pay for the same quality work

>JVM
>Performance
Love it

ITT people who think their work can't be outsourced because they are special unique snow flakes with special unique education no one else can get anywhere on earth.

Why did they feel the need to divide the bar into four blocks with padding between them? The letters overlap with the spacing between the blocks and it looks hideous.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHY ARE THERE NO WOMEN BOILERMAKERS???????

>drillers of earth
sounds like a heavy metal band

For a lot of other jobs, yeah. But computer science is one of those fields that everyone will want to do, and then realize later that they are not able to do it. I expect the rate of programmers to go up a bit, but not enough.

>dentists with PhDs

Hey Pajeet.

>everyone takes computer science and webdev
>i'm just sitting here as a network administrator

can't create a shit website if you can't connect to the web :^)

>gain weight
hehe

Literally rape, the profession.

Im from eastern europe, CS majors are running away from my country. Thanks to Obama my wage is actually raising

I'm from Australia, CS majors are running away because they have to move to US to find relevant jobs

I wish I made that much.

>tfw making $9 an hour
>tfw I know I'm getting totally screwed
>tfw afraid to leave my job because I want a couple years paid work experience on my resume before leaving

It's ass.

This is really the best way to go from what I hear. Take a field or science you enjoy and minor in computer science and get some programming experience on your own. Ez jobs ez money, and no Pajeets to steal it away. Just asians.

>18k
>I wish I made that much.
>$9 an hour
$9/hr * 40hr/week * 50 weeks/year = $18k

wat

>50 weeks/year
wat,

>PhD
That's a funny way to spell DDS. That said, I've never seen a male dental hygienist before. Why the hell wouldn't you want a bunch of 20 something females crawling all over the office

How many weeks do you work per year?

6-7 monts/year
rest of the year i just neet around

Why do you think schools have been pushing the STEM meme so hard?

Why were people interested in MAKING WORLD WIDE WEB PAGES BRO before?

because bubble
because you can teach the trade to yourself without any schooling and still get through the brainless fucks at HR
because it's a last chance for losers that don't want to be the 9 to 5 finance manager at local corp like mom or a mill worker/car salesman/middle manager/shitjob like pops

>haha dude i'm going to have a job creating stuff! so awesome!
>Okay "dude" here's our UML diagram you are going to write methods 485 through 610. the design documents for them are in this folder. please use eclipse and the company style.

Normies realized it made more money than most other fields.

>Mathematicans
>51.1%
bullshit

girls actually have solid a presence in real science because they can accomplish things that benefit society

women fucking love benefiting society

software eng. is unpopular because most of it accomplishes nothing new, nothing of value, or makes society slightly worse. and then when a programmer works on something "important", they're just the programmer, like being "just the plumber" to the architect who designed the hospital.

Academia is often a low paying field and is therefore filled to the brim with women.

>drillers of earth

This sounds like a cult.

This is literally the LOGO programing language of today.

I've never seen a woman teaching hard science past high school desu

>software eng.
>makes society slightly worse
wat

he's a programmer he can into logical thinking lol

It's going to lower the pay for entry and middle levels, higher level engineers will actually earn more, especially after we get regulated.

no wonder then

>suddenly
lol

The hell do you live, St. Louis!?
I make 75k as a network engineer. The developers in my office make over 100k.

it's kind of fashion for some people

Because they're self-righteous bitches. Talk to a dental assistant for five minutes and try not to punch her in the face.

This. Programmers are the new lawyers. In 20 years you will have to get a special kind of post graduate degree before anyone will even think of hiring you.

>doesn't realize how critical software is to daily life
That thing you're posting from wouldn't be very useful without software.

Together with business related majors it's one of the easiest way to make money; while not being as mindnumbingly dull.

>drillers of earth
Sounds like a fun job