Let's be realistic here

Let's be realistic here.

Nvidia card are a complete still born failure. Nvidia is outright lying to the consumers, telling them there is an async support, while in reality it's just nvidia advanced preemption. At his presentation Huang ran async at DX11. It's not even funny, it's just sad.
That's not the first time nvidia lied to the customers, remember when maxell had huge "SUPPORTS DX12" stickers, when mantle wasn't even released?
10xx series is dead and produced purely to milk the goyim for shekels - nvidia will most probably release the 11xx series next year - the IBM Power9 supercomputers will receive Volta GPUs early 2017 and the Volta lineup will most probably be released in june 2017.

Now AMD completely failed polaris. They were so desperate to cut costs they used the simplest architecture with as few transistors per core as possible and the outcome was ASIC spread rate of +50%. See yourself at CPU-Z.
To cover it up they used heavy factory overvolting, so the bottom of the barrel chips would perform at the same clocks. That's actually why many 480s perform better after undervolting. And most probably they put the best chips into their reference card, so they'd look good in the benchmarks. In reality you have a fat chance of getting a half-dead GPU.
Then there's the price issue. Everywhere except USA the reference rx480 starts at $290 and the pertner card have been announced in Europe at $310-350. Which puts them at the same price bracket at the R9 390x and R9 Fury.

Conclusuion - both GPUs are complete and utter shit you shouldn't buy.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150771
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're companies user, get over it.

I need an upgrade and I had high hopes for a $250 DX12 GPU.
I'm really pissed now. The one is not DX12 and the other is over $300.

These both shit companies have let me down.

>Buy a Nvidia card this year and enjoy DX11 games

>Buy a new Nvidia card next year that wrecks AMD's shit in dx12/async because its relevant now

Its just that simple, AMDpoors
yell "muh planned obsolescence" all you want, if you cant afford $300 for a good GPU every year and not AMD currytech that's your problem.

Why would you want to spend money on a GPU every year? Literally anything is a better investment than wasting $300 on a game device.

Then go back to ricing your Linux desktop and jacking off to anime through a bash file browser you fucking neckbeard. PC gaming is technology.

Your trolling attempts are really mediocre. I guess your life must suck, if you are trying so hard to provoke people at a chinese cartoon board at Friday evening.

Are you fucking cancer. Going through cards that often is so fucking wasteful in every aspect possible. Do you fucking eat and purge all day because you have nothing better to do with your life too?

>Another graphics card thread where Sup Forumsermin argue bitterly about MAX GRAFIKS for their gaymes, few to none of which are particularly good in the first place
[-]

As said, go back to posting your latest Linux rices and anime girl wallpapers.

>wah, technology that I couldn't develop myself is not up to my childish standards
>i wish someone would just make a XxXTitanXxX OC to 10ghz for 20$

>to my childish standards

It's actually their own standards. The chink announced a mantle card and pajeet announced a gtx980 competitor for $199

Textbook false advertising. That's actually enough to sue them both.

Name one instance where AMD actually claimed it would have 980 performance.

You do realize that what a few fanboys on Sup Forums say doesnt reflect what the actual company advertises, right?

>10xx series is dead
wat

If i rembemer correctly Pajeet directly compared it against 970 and 980 and said it will be better and perform better.

I thought he mentioned that 2 480s would be better than a 980?

Here's another one.

Evey spec they announced is a lie.
Not 150W, 6 pin connector doesn't work with the card, it's not actually 5.5 tflops and no $199 card exist.

No, he said that 2x480 will beat the GTX1080, even the OC versions. Which is another lie.

you are a sad strange little man

and you have my pity

> Tfw you plug in your old 970 into your 390x PC only to play Ashes of the Singularity

but they didn't lie

>I'm a retard

If a 1080 ti comes out wont it be everything we need for dx12?

uhh wat

it IS 150W, it IS 6pin, it IS 5.5tflops, and it IS $199

you're just blatantly shilling and lying right now, holy shit

>Nvidia is outright lying to the consumers, telling them there is an async support
Nvidia cards have had async support for awhile now. Stop spreading that outdated meme.

>remember when maxell had huge "SUPPORTS DX12" stickers
My new GTX 1080 supports DX12, as does my old GTX 980.

>milk the goyim for shekels
Suddenly your post makes perfect sense. You're an angry anti-semite.

>Now AMD completely failed polaris.
I agree with this whole paragraph.

>Conclusuion - both GPUs are complete and utter shit you shouldn't buy.
Nope. The GTX 1060, GTX 1070, and GTX 1080 are the best GPUs available right now. The proof is in the benchmarks.

>it IS $199
Find me an RX 480 for $199. Oh wait, you can't.

>wasting dollars every year to support new atomic features
>literally mac fag logic
Hope you don't piss on Apple

>le power efficient and le faster than GTX 1080

fucking keked

>le 1 fps faster in crossfire
>le cherry picked games only

le ebin performance

Just from this chart alone it seems the system takes only 35W while the RX480 takes up to a fucking 200W as the second increased the power draw by 202W.

>Now AMD completely failed polaris. They were so desperate to cut costs they used the simplest architecture with as few transistors per core as possible and the outcome was ASIC spread rate of +50%

Do you think that is a negative?
It cost AMD less than 1/2 the money to tap out a RX 480 than it cost for Nvidia to tap out a 1060. AMD can severely undercut the 1060 if they need to because there die size and yield rate is so much higher.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150771

the only choice is to buy japanese consoles

The suggested retail price of the 1080 1070 1060 and 480 mark a massive improvement over previous architecture in terms of price for performance. Both nvidia and amd are making money hand over fist as you can't find any of those cards at retail price, if even in stock at all. Both companies' stocks have soared over the last few months. The only failure is that they do not have enough supply to meet demand especially in countries outside the US, and so that price for performance isn't there yet. Give it a month and let the dust settle.

>Let's be realistic here.

imblying we weren't being realistic up to this point

fuck off

>sold out

pffff

Find me a 1060 for $250 that isn't sold out.

The MSRP is $200. What the retailer decides to sell it for because they can get away with it is up to the retailer.

They both support dx12. Gcn supports higher binding levels which mean potentially lower overhead, and more granular graphic + compute execution(though some of that just shores up it's weakness in geometry throughput and fillrate). Pascal has support for conservative raster(very useful for a lot of new techniques) and rovs.

so, 390X yes?