I know Sup Forums hates Gnome, but can we all agree it's come a very long way?

I know Sup Forums hates Gnome, but can we all agree it's come a very long way?

Gnome may be the only aesthetically pleasing and usable DE that Linux has to offer.

Other urls found in this thread:

gogomanga.co/himegoto-tsukudani-norio-febri/himegoto-tsukudani-norio-febri-4.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gnome 3 is great. Fuck the others.

If you can't embrace change, then you don't get what Linux development or technology in general are about.

I started with an old KDE in 2002 (Mandrake Linux) and thought the customizability was cool but Gnome 3 is all I'll use now. It came with Kali 2.0 and impressed the shit out of me.

KDE is too confusing, Sup Forums only shills it because it reminds them of Windows 7 that they have dualbooted on their HDD.

Nice font rendering kiddo

Show yours

Puked a little bit

ayyy

>tfw no plasma 5.7

what manga's that from?

Himegoto

>Himegoto
Thanks

It sure has come a long way.
It used to be good.

>localising gyaru to valley girl

Disgusting.

isn't that literally what it is?
gyaru is just the westernized bimbo slut look, which is called valley girl here

It's actually a pretty broad spectrum of styles that have been evolving and branching out since the '70s.

Plus it's already English, there's no need to change Gal to something else.

>girl

>you'll never be a cute grill

OP is a faggot

Holy crap dude this is a blue board dude

>you'll (hopefully) never bleed out of your genitals.

You'll always be a cute girl in my heart, user~

That's not a girl

>draw a girl
>call it a boy

>ur gay now

me on the middle left

>hime gets sexually bullied into crossdressing
>this is supposed to be a light hearted comedy

Feminine upper and shorter hair with valley girl lower is literally perfect

>can we all agree it's come a very long way?
I can agree that GNOME's come a long way. Then GNOME 3 came out and it started going the wrong way.

I only tried if for a few minutes on debian. I find the way you launch application terrible, they're all in one place randomly in three pages.

This, MATE is the only choice

this gif always bothered me because she's moving her fucking FACE

Boyish is cute

You can search for apps to launch them, create "Favorites" in the overview, or enable a start menu with categories in the gnome-tweak-tool.

Isn't MATE ugly or something?

>Gnome may be the only aesthetically pleasing and usable DE that Linux has to offer.
This is objectively wrong.
(was a gnome user until recently for 4 years)

Literally every single commit since gnome 2 has been a stark regression from the previous system. Fuck off shill.

This. Everything else is unusable.

No way, I still can't understand how the gnome devs could ruin a functional DE so much and keeping dumbing down it without shame in every release.
Out the box is completely unusable: window management is fucking shit, no super+number shortcuts (you need an extension), no dock/task manager (need extension), slow and resource heavy, giant smartphonish icons everywhere, lesser features in every gnome application (rip nautilus, rip gedit).
Also giant buttons and title bars (you can install maximus extension but it's buggy as hell), no resizable modal windows, no global menu/hud-like menu, workspace management is a joke, no settings and zero customization unless you install third party applications.
To have feature parity with Unity you need to install at least 6 different extensions, but then it's unstable and heavier (also uglier IMO) than compiz so what's the point?
If you need to tweak you DE for hours to be functional at least use KDE, it's nicer and a lot more powerful

me on the right

No.

I puked

You misspelled "Yes"

will 2017 be the year of linux desktop?

They removed the goddamned option to choose what the power button does. They even removed the associated gconf setting.

I have a shit old laptop with no screen that's hooked up to a monitor. It's touchpad and keyboard often don't work at all, I just have an old Xbox 360 gamepad hooked up. For years I used it, my kids used it, my wife used it, no trouble at all. It's configured to boot up without password, and from there, they know how to use the controller to choose a browser to watch netflix, or browse the harddrive for something we have downloaded, then when they're done, they just press the power button and it shuts down.

Now, they have it set so it'll ONLY hibernate. And when it wakes up it MUST have a password. So it's been chaos in my house. Someone will absentmindedly hit the power button putting it to sleep. Then the ONLY WAY to get it out of that mode is hard power off.

Which 9/10 times results in drive corruption and me having to fucking fsck -a /dev/sda1 or whatever. Which I often can't do at all due to the fucked up keyboard.

So there was a bug report about it, to which the gnome devs responded essentially "fuck you, deal with it, power button hibernates now, suck my dick."

Bastards. They could've removed it from the GUI but left it in the gconf, but oh no. Just rip it out. And they've done this with a hundred other features. Innocuous little things all over the place. Not to mention every theme breaking every time they do an update.

Guess I set myself up for that one. People will dislike anything just to be right.

aye, gnome devs are arrogant bastards who value their own judgement over user feedback.

She's a Lovecraftian horror, it's to be expected.

That looks slightly better than XFCE, which looks pretty good, but still not polished like GNOME, KDE, and whatever Windows and OS X's environments are called these days. Just my opinion. I can't really describe it,specifically but that's how I feel.

I am legitimately jealous of those thumbnails and considering switching to KDE from GNOME 3 solely for that.

We all agree that 1>6>4>5>3>2, right?

5 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 4

>Putting Valley girl last

W R O N G

normies get out ree

>removed the goddamned option
>removed the associated gconf setting
>they've done this with a hundred other features
This saddens me to hear as someone who started using GNOME 3 a few weeks ago. I like it as it is, but I don't want to keep using it if features are being (and have been) REMOVED.

>"feminine" and "pretty" better than "boyish"
You're the only normie here

[5>2>3>4]>6>1
(the first 4 are very close together in terms of greatness, 6 is fine as well, 1 is shit)

Tomboy is normie the fetish moron.

Wait which way are we reading this

There's only one way those can be read you retard

Are we counting left to right like plebs or are we counting right to left following the way the manga is read

This is exactly why I stopped using gnome, removing good features for no reason and a smug arrogant attitude of 'we know what you need better than you'. Fuck gnome, fuck the hipster gnome devs

Just switched from this to Neon, and I gotta say it's comfy

Gnome shell and the extensions build for it have in fact gotten better.
But the rest of the Gnome suite has gone backwards, especially Nautilus. The amount of features they hid or just outright removed is stupid.

That image is in English and we are currently writing in English.

>Gnome shell
They removed the option to zoom in the open programs.

>especially Nautilus
This, I hated how they removed the instant search ability. Good thing we have nemo.

>1 is shit

People stopped mirroring manga to be read left-to-right twenty years ago.

almost said I don't remember it ever happening, but then recalled a story of the localization of Parasyte being flipped and calling Migi (right) "lefty".

He's right

It has glasses so it's the worst.
In fact, even without glasses it would be terrible.

what manga is this from?

I think your date is wrong, user. There are only 12 months.

read the thread

Please don't tell me this is a boy

It is :3

I did, nobody names where it's from

Okay, we won't.

Try again.

Please explain.
It makes my heart go doki doki, how can it be shit?

gogomanga.co/himegoto-tsukudani-norio-febri/himegoto-tsukudani-norio-febri-4.html

That's a boy

Sorry to say, but your heart has shit taste. Braids/glasses is objectively worst. No one can change your taste, it's just ugly to most people.

2>3=6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5=1

This is the objective non-faggot scale.

DUDE
SLUTS
LMAO

I like fedora/gnome because it recognizes my galaxy phone out of the box.

Can I do this with a window manager though? Is it a hassle?

>draw gril
>call it a boy

There is nothing wrong with girl(male).

a what?

Don't you know that all a female really is, is a guy without a dick?

glad i stayed with windows

>Glad I stayed being idiot

:^)

It is.

: ^ )

Damn that looks nice user

oh thanks

>MATE + compton + compiled gtk2 file chooser (for icons)
Objectively the best GUI that a computer can have in the present day