EVGA 1060 regular vs SC

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487260&cm_re=evga_1060-_-14-487-260-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487261&cm_re=evga_1060-_-14-487-261-_-Product

I bought the former of these cards since it was the only one available for backorder, and didn't notice the heatpipe upgrade on the SC until the non-SC card had already shipped.

Are there any other differences between them besides OC and the heatpipe, and did i fuck myself over by not waiting for an SC backorder for the backpipe?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/951723/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-368-95/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/941579/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering/
overclock.net/t/1605618/nv-pascal-latency-issues-hotfix-driver-now-available
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

as a proud owner of a 1080, neither.

grab a nitro+ 480

only buy nvidia if you enjoy bdsm. my 1080 has enighten me that i do not enjoy bdsm with all these flicker and latency issues.

>forums.geforce.com/default/topic/951723/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-368-95/
>forums.geforce.com/default/topic/941579/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering/
>overclock.net/t/1605618/nv-pascal-latency-issues-hotfix-driver-now-available
>forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/

I already gave my money to Pajeet, but resold my ref 480 because of Mobogate. i saw some nitro 480 benchmarks along with ref 480 OC benches, and didn't like that the stock 1080 still beat it in DX11 titles, or the fact i'd have to wait until august.

the card already shipped, newegg is anal about returns unless the card legitimately doesn't work.

the latency probably not a permanent problem like 3.5gb was. besides, you linked to the hotfix solution twice, unless you're >implying it doesn't work.
i'm a 60hz pleb so the 144hz flickering won't be an issue for me.

Nice try Pajeets. Only thing you own is 1080 kinds of bacteria from shitting on the street.

too obvious shilling Rajesh, try harder

>haha poo in loo funne pol me-me XD

It should be fine, just a few FPS difference.

EVGA is a very solid brand btw, good pick.

>try so hard

I love these short 1060 cards.

>but resold my ref 480 because of Mobogate
so you're an uninformed retard who doesn't understand every card pulls way more than 75w from the pcie anyway in short bursts and sustained if oc'd at all.

you got meme'd son, they even fixed the non-issue because of retards buying into the negative press.

Seriously they're great. We could have some really amazing compact cases with these.

It's a pity the first ones to come to Japan are the Zotac cards. I don't like the look of their coolers, they probably don't do a very good job on the VRMs.
Still, most of the cards are in the 35,000 to 40,000 yen range which is around where the RX 480s are, so RIP them.

i was torn about which 1060 to get, but i went with the strix for about the same price of the evga. anyone have opinions on this brand?

>Went to Fry's to pick-up an online order for a 1070
>Instead, pick up an MSI 1080 Armor that happen to be sitting on the shelf
>Identical to Gaming with the exception of clocks and cooler
>Temps are decent but cooler has less heat pipes and direct contact
>Start getting paranoid as fuck that I made the wrong decision
>Spend nearly three hours round-trip driving to another Fry's to exchange it
>End up picking up the EVGA FTW Edition
>Temps end up being the fucking same, with the exception that it probably has a better factory overclock and a higher boost

Grass is greener, I suppose

By the way, never pay with cash at Fry's--if your return is over $500, they insist on mailing you a check 'within 7-10 business days'

Why you post that pic here, it always makes me horny, now i need to go fap.

>tfw you will never fuck a cute loli trap
>yes i know i didnt add a pic

they had a 1080 at a back wash shit tier brick and mortar store?
lel i've seen it all now

Great, you're a pedophile and a faggot.

The dumb part is it's probably the best way to get it.

Unlike Micro Center, you can actually reserve them online, and even if you don't, you can sometimes pick one up before they're even listed since it takes them goddamn forever to post them.

Online stores may of quantity, but you're competing with any and all online shoppers--most people that shop at Fry's nowadays are the same people that shop at Walmart, and probably can't even afford the high-end stuff.

Frankly, I hate Fry's--the people working their are overworked, under-paid, and are usually chinks or Indians that could care less about technology.

>tfw waiting to see if the 1080 Ti has HBM2

I'm not in a hurry to jump on this new gen, there's no stock and the prices are too high anyway. Might as well wait and see if there will be something actually new, or if I should just get a 1060/1070, or wait for the 11 series.

Speaking of short cards.
Do we know if we're getting a new Nano this generation?

>1080ti
>HBM2
Pick one. If even the new titan x or whatever the fuck it's called doesn't have HBM2 why would nvidia put it in to a cheaper card?

Then I'll wait for GTX 1170.

funny how the short 1060 SC ACX looks better than full sized one. there's just something appealing about having a single fan.

Which is usually the safer choice, EVGA or MSI?

EVGA have good customer service and you get an international warranty in case you want try importing one.

EVGA always for nvidia cards. MSI is ugly chinkshit.

That one *might* be able to get GDDR5X, that is if they won't rebrand the entire series due to lack of competition.

But I do enjoy BDSM as a sub

Then I'll wait for 1270.

My 760 is still going strong.

Will there be a 1050? Or something to replace 750 Ti, and GTX 950?

>i saw some nitro 480 benchmarks along with ref 480 OC benches, and didn't like that the stock 1080 still beat it in DX11 titles

user, were you expecting some kind of monster overclock out of the 480?

Thanks for reminding me that I'm a sexual deviant.

Most likely. If they make a 1050, it will probably perform slightly better than a 960.

Just got an EVGA 1070 FTW this week as well. I haven't seen my GPU/CPU temps get over 50, even when running multiple programs and a graphics heavy game.

1060 is fine for 1080p on max settings, yeah? Don't fancy the 480 after my last few GPUs were AMD and fairly awful. (4870x2 crossfire and 6970 crossfire).

Not bad, especially if it cost like 100ish bucks.

Anyone here actually have the answer to OP's questions? I'm interested as well.

>crossfire

Multi-GPU is always shite, that's got nothing to do with the GPUs - I would know having tried both SLI and Crossfire in the past, it's a steaming pile of turd.

Stop posting this, it makes me horny.

what is the context behind that image anyway? Reverse image search doesn't turn up anything useful.

It's before:after picture.

The youngest tranny

Bullshit, there are 6 year old trannies now.

EVGA

MSI is not bad, they're just overpriced and don't have as good support

Yeah 1060 is really good for 1080p, it maxes everything today so pretty decently future proof

I've heard EVGA's Europoorean customer service isn't nearly as good as the American CS is, anyone know if there's truth to this?

What's the rundown on the GPU manufactures for Nvidia cards? I've only ever bought AMD up till now but the lack of a good high end card from AMD at the moment is pushing me to buy a 1080, but I don't know what one to get. The only non FE or OC card I can find that is in stock is the EVGA FTW. Should I get it or wait for more stock?

FTW is very nice if you want high clockspeed. It does use quite a bit more power though/put off more heat.