Mfw Nexus 5

>mfw Nexus 5
>mfw was actually considering the iPhone 7
>mfw no 3.5mm
>tfw ugly as shit massive camera bump
>tfw still getting thinner so it's not nice to hold

Why don't they just bulk it up to the lip of the camera bump with more mAh and keep the 3.5mm? Seems like a horrible decision, iPhone gets decent battery life because is is limited to only a handful of devices, making it easier to optimise for, and giving it better battery life and performance.

Who in their right mind thinks this shit is acceptable? This isn't pushing the industry forward, this is slapping the industry in the face.

I was genuinely interested in trying out ios with the new iPhone, after spending the past 5 years on Android and windows phone. Would you still consider the iPhone 7 worth buying?

Should I just stick to my Nexus 5 a little longer?

Try iOS out in a phone shop. There's not much to it and iOS 10 is just iOS 9 with a small amount of new features.

I did, but I'm curious just how different from Android it really is for general use and not just swiping displays in a shop

Have you ever done the following on your phone:
>Download a file from the internet.
>Drag and drop music/photos/videos to or from your computer.
>Installed an app from outside the Play Store.

If you answered yes to one or more questions, stick with Android. If all you want is a device that makes phone calls, sends texts, and runs normie apps iOS won't be too different from Android.

my god I hope the camera isn't that ugly

wait for new nexus

Those are fake iPhone 6s handsets, actually they might be fake mock ups

>Should I just stick to my Nexus 5 a little longer?
You absolutely should.
Apple's supply chain guys fucked up in a big way this year, which is why the company has had to go with plan B (reheated leftovers). Also, they've been holding back some tech gimmicks for next year's tenth anniversary edition iPhone.

t. Apple fanboy

>apple without jobs
I bet he's rotating in his grave

>rotate 360 degrees and roll away

Wait for a new Nexus honestly. It's only a month from now.

Apple is retarded if they think people are going to give up 3.5mm headphones for headphones using a proprietary connector. What pisses me off most if that they only put 1 thunderbolt port on the thing instead of two. You can no longer charge your phone while listening to something with your earbuds (comes in handy on a flight/airport).

I really hope this doesn't become a trend because it would actually be the thing that makes me go back to a dumbphone.

cool story, bro
People said the exact same thing about serial ports, VGA, floppy disks, and optical media. You'll get with the times eventually.

Just buy the splitter/adapter.
Only $49!!!

>implying any of those has been around for 100 years

headphone jacks are closer to AM radio

Not him but that's not the same thing. Every headphone except Apple's own crap uses a standard plug. Are you suggesting that everyone should move on to wireless headphones then? Can you imagine that working on an airport with hundreds of people doing the same thing?

Apple's own plug is not the future anyway, that's just for milking sheep. Anything that has no chance of ever becoming the universal standard is a bad decision from consumer's point of view. Apple's reality distortion field might make this not obvious to some individuals.

Don't buy the number only iPhones. Wait for iPhone 7S if you want to.

Optical media isn't dead (but it's slowly dying)

Removing the headphone jack isn't the same as getting rid of those things, because there is no noticeable quality difference between 3.5 and Apple's shit, and it sure as hell isn't more convenient.

Earlier. But why get rid of them? Thinner phones don't benefit anyone except for apple.

Thin phones are awkward as fuck to hold

No one ever gets satisfied with one. Just get the fuck over it.

Exactly.
Plus camera bump is ugly and also uncomfortable

I don't mind the camera bumps though I must be a minority

They just have to have those metal rings so you can set the phone down without damaging the camera

Yeah I doubt most would care enough for that.
>You damage your camera glass by putting your phone down?
>Physical damage caused by the user not included in the warranty
>gotta pay $249 for the repair

That's why I think I'll just stick to chinkphones from now on. Had a horrible experience with apple, and LG. I think it'll be just as difficult being warranty for a chinkphone so I may as well go with the option that leaves my wallet fatter.

anybody noticed this?
>android with every new release is going more closed
>ios with every new release is going more open

Android is more closed? What?