WHY DO PHONES NEED TO BE THIN ?

WHY DO PHONES NEED TO BE THIN ?
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE SPACE FOR BATTERY ?

Because teen girls rule the world, and they prioritize cuteness and small-woman-hand ergonomics over battery life.

Go buy five new smartphones this year and convince everyone else in your demographic to do the same. Then you get to dictate the industry.

>WHY DO PHONES NEED TO BE THIN ?
Because it feels nice.
>WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE SPACE FOR BATTERY ?
Stop playing Pokemon Go for 10 hours a day.

The market has spoken; thin phones outsell thick ones by thick margins.
Your meme preference isn't profitable for OEMs.

but everyone carries thick cases anyway even women and teen girls

wtf

Why am I not surprised to hear you say something completely inaccurate about the lives of women

>why do phones need to be thin
>why do we need only one usb port for everything instead of multiple useful ones
>why do we need super high resolutions
>Why do we need super easy to break and unrepairable designs

Apple.

just get a case with a battery in it.

>t. Nokia 3310 user

I don't believe what he said is inaccurate, most people have some sort of protective case around their phones, including women. Most people learn to take better care of it after the first or second time they break it due to carelessness

>they prioritize cuteness and small-woman-hand ergonomics over battery life.
Then why the fuck are most phones gigantic 5.5'' phablet abominations?

Because thinness is a visible sign of technological advancement.

It looks newer/more hi-tech because it is thin.

Yes, puny man slaves, invent battery of more capacity this instant keeping it thin tho. That’s how evolution began.

WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO BE THIN ?

phablets are a thing because of women and their purses can hold larger phones. Men are the reason for smaller sized phones because straight men don't carry a purse.

Fashion. that's all.

Just buy a chinkphone.

Bigger internal battery is much better. which you thankfully can use in removable back phones.

That sollution sucks because:
It has 3 unnecessary layers of protection between the phone and the battery.
It's fragile.
You lose 20-40% in the unnecessary conversion from 3.7v->5v->3.7v
You need to charge 2 things. (unless your bank has say 3A charging and passthrough, which few do.)

men can carry a big phone, manlets cant

The original tiny ass iPhone was made so that a Japanese woman could comfortably access all part of the screen with one hand, and Japanese girls have super tiny hands.

But then over in Korea they discovered that women were the main buyers of the big phone because they had purses they could put them in and people had you know 2 hands. This combined with the fact that guys have bigger pockets and were happy to start using bigger phones was the end of the small phone being common.

Reading on a small screen sucks anyway

i wish phones were a little thicker, sadly phones are getting to big, i was gonna buy the nexus6p but it's just so big, ended up getting the galaxy s7 just because of size.

>more space/bigger battery instead of a smaller more efficient battery to get the best of both

Because the latter doesn't sell as well. First impressions more or less are all that matters and you can't gauge battery life based on it

>they prioritize cuteness and small-woman-hand ergonomics
Are you brain damaged?

I'm a manlet and I'm using a leagoo shark 1.

Fuck off.

Pokemon Go at least will fix cell phone battery life.

We dont wear cargo pants

S7 outsells S6.
Checkmate.

>more efficient battery
lol you have no idea what you're saying

Straight men don't use tight spandex pants, I can hold my Xperia Z2 comfortably in my pocket and it could even be a bit bigger too. I would gladly get like 1-2 mm thicker phone if it's all for a bigger battery.

The consumer battery technology haven't advanced since LiPol. There are prototypes, but nothing is ready yet.

>why do phones need to be thin
we dont

>why do we need only one usb port for everything instead of multiple useful ones
what exactly do you do on your phone to warrant a shit ton of usb ports?

>why do we need super high resolutions
we don't, but some people like it

>Why do we need super easy to break and unrepairable designs
apple

Actually yes, when normies use their phones more intensively they'll want more battery life.

But both in polls and when you talk to normal people they really want battery life. It's one of the most wanted features. But they have no clue what phones actually have good batteries (There's almost none outside of chink), and salesmen and marketing is only trying to trick them.

>we dont
We, do for fashion purposes. The media tells people what's fashionable in a phone and they obey.

>what exactly do you do on your phone to warrant a shit ton of usb ports?
Headphones/speakers while charging. TV/monitor while charging. Or even TV + controller + chargning. Endless possibilities.

The one port paradigm that will now be forced on us will be painful.

>we don't, but some people like it
You can see it if you hold your phone closer to your face (You should). Otherwise VR.

where can i get a THICC phone

Bullshit, lipo gets 5-10% better per year.
And when we say bigger battery we mean bigger in capacity.

Oukitel k10000

Betavoltaics when.

This
/thread

To appeal to the normies and get their shekels. But there are some really cool guys like Samsung and LG which include a removable and upgradable battery on their phones. A Note 4 + 10,000 mAh zerolemon battery is the best combo right now.

WHY DO YOU ADD A SPACE BETWEEN THE LAST WORD AND THE PUNCTUATION ?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU THIRD WORLD RETARDS ?

Phones are so fucking huge now that adding a thick battery will quickly increase the weight.

Of course we should help those who have medical issues that prevent them from holding a heavier phone, but it's not something the mainstream needs to be concerned with.

>The original tiny ass iPhone was made so that a Japanese woman could comfortably access all part of the screen with one hand,

do people actually do that, or did they ever, even back with the small flip phones?

meaning hold the phone in one hand and use that hand to do everything? is that so that you can text while driving, or what?

the mainstream aren't. I don't know why you think normies have any say in how phones are designed.

Apple literally tells them what they should want and they eat it up.

Samsung just spend billions every year telling them what they want and they eat it up.

And guess what you're a normalfag too to every smarthphone maker, whining about muh SD slot doesn't make you any less of a consumerist whore.

Calm down , man

hello world

Why would you want to need 2 hands to do anything with your phone?

Nope, it was made because Steve Jobs saw what modern phones did, hated it and put together a format that made sense.

>holding your phone with two hands
This is the first thing I check in a phone. If I can't do everything with one hand it's no longer a phone for me.

maybe we are talking about two different things. I thought the other guy meant that you held the phone in one hand, and with the fingers of that hand did all the typing and swiping.

everyone I've ever seen either held it in one hand and used the other hand's fingers, or held it in both hands like a game controller and used fingers from both hands to type and swipe.

I can't see a person doing it all with one hand with any sort of efficiency.

>why you think normies have any say in how phones are designed
They have the biggest say. If normies collectively only bought phones with removable(=bigger) battery for example even apple would make one.

Just because you choose to regurgitate what you've heard instead of looking into things doesn't mean you have a say.

>you're a normalfag too
Then what makes someone different?

>whining about muh SD slot doesn't make you any less of a consumerist whore.
It sure does... Since I'll go into chink or used phones if I have to where they make no profit.

Did you get your first phone after 2012 or something? That's how people started to do everything after the phablet meme. But still, phones below 5.0 are usable one-handed without any software hacks, but with a different different grip from the older phones. If you don't believe it watch any movie where dumbphones are present.

>phones below 5.0 are usable one-handed
I can use (and touch all corners) my lg g4 (5.5") one handed and I have the tiniest girly hands. It's all about manning up and learning how doesnt take long.

do you do everything with your thumb? I'm not seeing how "tiny girl hands" can do it any other way. I have a typical calculator in my hand right now, and for the life of me I can't see why anyone would try to use it with one hand. Is it a hipster thing, or is it somehow easier for you?

For me even 5.2 if the bezels are thin. Old grip - the palm is against the bottom right corner of the phone. New grip - phone is basically laying on your fingers.
Try making a photo of something directly above you. Whoopsie it fucking fell off your hand(or you changed the grip and can't reach the status bar anyone, cheating bastard).

Either hard denial or underage.

*anymore

Black market.

Yeah. The rim of my phone rests where my fingers meet my palm. I move the phone around a bit when I touch the far left corner to be fair, but it's not hard. Thankfully I almost never need to touch there (unlike iphone)

>New grip - phone is basically laying on your fingers.
Yeah.

>Try making a photo of something directly above you
I don't think I have EVER done that... But then I'd change my grip, like most people would, into landscape. Good thing you only need to press the camera button then.

>I don't think I have EVER done that
But surely you have used your phone in a bathtub. It's similar.

Are iPhones just flimsy or something? How do people manage to break their screens?

>blaming the consumers that have no market choice instead of the corporations that are capitalizing off of them
>being misogynist to boot

This is only really true for iphones

They go out, get hammered and drop their phones. I broke an iPhone 5S screen by drunkenly betting with a man that my phone was sturdier than his HTC.

>you will never have an user bf with cute girl hands

Dumb frog faggot.

Don't bully me or I'll cry!

Fuck that, why can't we have phones that are a comfortable size between the tiny iPhones and the modern phablets? My old S2 was the perfect size, and i have average to below average hands.

>Are iPhones just flimsy or something
Yeah, they'll break from a 1m drop onto pavement. Not always, but often.

No it's been many years since I bathed in a tub and that was with a girl. But it couldnt do it laying down in bed holding it above my face.. not that I find that comfortable either.

You'll find a partner
Go to Sup Forums chat rooms

>get thicker phones
>still need case
>Phones now even thicker

>get thin
>put on case
>not thin and nice feeling anymore
It's retarded

Yes. If you're not a manlet you use your 5" phone with one hand.

>i'm a manlet
stopped reading

>Small woman hand
Still they grow half an inch per year in diagonal

You aren't different. You are simply poorly adjusted and unhappy?

Extended batteries exist.

>he prefers man-hand woman
>he prefers homosexuals over qt teen girls
Its a sign of your latent homosexual energy.

If they weren't so thin, people wouldn't want a fuck huge screen to watch high quality memes on.

Buy a chinkphone. They cater to autists like you. Pic related.

>carelessness
Phones break all the time, for various reasons.
I once broke one because I did a squat to catch something heavy.
They break because they are so thin.
Older smartphones didn't break like that.

>do for fashion purposes

Yes goyim, paying $200 more just because this phone is 1mm thinner totally logical

Shyg

I would never use a phone with one hand and I started using them way before Nokia 3310 existed. Actually I already had like 3 phones changed then. 3110, 6110, 3210 were all before 3310. I'm only saying this so the pre-teens won't get to say I probably started after phablets became a thing.

If I'm only scrolling a webpage down I obviously only use one hand, but everything is done with two hands after that. Why would I even want to operate it with one hand, having to both support and click it with the same hand? It's also so much slower and more irritating, not to mention clumsier. Back when phones had the dialpad and you had to text by pressing one key multiple times, only a very patient guy would use only one hand. It might have changed for few individuals after T9 became a thing but I hardly ever used it anyway. I want to only get symbols that I click, no suggestions. They are so bad that there's even a humour genre based on autocorrect.

So stop masturbating with your other hand and operate the phone like you should, plebs. It's not like you have something important to do while using a phone anyway.

because if yo have a bigger battery, it needs more battery to sustain itself. Just like with space rockets, the energy required to sustain the battery itself would become infinite with thick batteries.

Fun but stupid.

Nug bumps

Because Lord Jobs (Blessed be his name) said so

No he is completely correct. They buy thin phones with little structural integrity and then slap a pastel covered case 3mm thick on them. Or they do once their dad stops buying their phones.

Are you really interested in having a chunky phone?

I can't wait for the day I have the power of a high end gaming computer in a device that is extremely thin but also sturdy. I want a black slip of metal that has an end to end screen and a week of battery life.