France To The Rescue!!

>France orders Microsoft to stop tracking Windows 10 users

>France's data protection commission has ordered Microsoft to "stop collecting excessive user data" and to stop tracking the web browsing of Windows 10 users without their consent. In a notice published on Wednesday, the CNIL said that Microsoft must also take steps to guarantee "the security and confidentiality" of its users' personal information, after determining that the company was still transferring data to the US under the "Safe Harbor" agreement that an EU court invalidated in October. Microsoft has three months to comply with the orders, the CNIL said.

>The CNIL says it decided to issue the notice due to the "seriousness of the breaches and the number of individuals concerned," saying there are more than 10 million Windows users in France. The CNIL found that Microsoft is collecting "excessive" data on Windows 10 users, including the specific apps they download and how much time they spend on each one. The organization added that the company uses cookies to serve personalized ads without properly informing users or allowing them to opt out, and that the four-character PIN system used to access Microsoft services is insecure, because there is no limit on the number of attempts a user can make.

>If Microsoft does not comply within the three-month window, the CNIL says it may appoint an investigator who could recommend sanctions against the company. "The purpose of the notice is not to prohibit any advertising on the company’s services but, rather, to enable users to make their choice freely, having been properly informed of their rights," the CNIL said in a statement.

>tl;dr France's CNIL ordered MIcrosoft to stop tracking it's users and Microsoft must comply within 3 months

theverge.com/2016/7/21/12246266/france-microsoft-privacy-windows-10-cnil

they'll be too busy dealing with muslim riots to worry about computer stuff

In the Facebook era nobody cares about security anymore. UE is fighting with windmills.

user, I come here to escape this shit
the sole reason I'm a social outcast is because I can't stop getting upset about Islam
so pls stop talking about it here of all places, I beg you

Vive la resistance!

>posting le cancer man

Happened with MS before, they will get their ass kicked again in EU court and have to change their shit again, nothing new.

>to enable users to make their choice freely, having been properly informed of their rights
Users already read and agreed with EULA so what is the problem? Botnet is comfy.

A lot of computer illiterate people suddenly got their windows 7/8 installation automatically upgraded to windows 10.

I don't remember how the upgrade process went, but I'm pretty plenty of people were just clicking wherever to get to the desktop, only to find they've been automatically put on the botnet

>>If Microsoft does not comply within the three-month window, the CNIL says it may appoint an investigator who could recommend sanctions against the company.

Woah. They may have someone recommend sanctions after 3 months if Microsoft ignores them, which they likely will. Getting the fangs out over here.

They do this and yet not with Google

>the CNIL says it may appoint an investigator who could recommend sanctions against the company
I bet they're shaking in their boots.
Jk. France is a shit hole for software, and economic development in general.

>the le france le sucks meme

I bet you can't wait to finally be allowed into PG13 movies. NUKE FRANCE LOL XDDDDDD SURRENDERFROGS

France is just mad that Micropenis won't base their data center in the EU, so they get to sift through the data.

Says the typical dump mid fat american. Get on my cultural level amerifat.

Reminds me of Windows NT 4.0.
France government didn't like that account passwords were encrypted.
So we got our very own version that had passwords stored in plain text on the hard drive.

t. Sancho Panza

Fuck off muhamMAD

Get raped and then blow up by Muslims you stupid denial Frog

They do this and yet they allow Muslims in, people who do nothing but to rape and explode.

France is a shit hole

every first world country has a certain inflow of muslim immigration you dumb fat piss bucket

Yes, also Germany, USA and many others. And they are becoming shit too (or even more shit in the case of USA).

We where talking about France though

>the sole reason I'm a social outcast is because
let's be honest with ourselves
there are a slew of reasons

One could expect that after two bloody attacks by Muslims in less than 2 years they would stop all Muslim immigration

But they didn't, because the French people are a bunch of cunts

>2
Oh user, how innocent you are.

I'm surprised why all non-americans aren't banning the spyware OS

check em

checked

Fucking europoors

france is gonna loose, like always
and nobody cares about the eu anymore
kindly fuck off

Nothing will happen. France needs Microsoft more than Microsoft needs France. What's France going to do, outlaw Windows in their country?

Eula is not binding on Europe

Switch to Linux or osx

>France needs Microsoft more than Microsoft needs France
linux, like the US government is switching to

>What's France going to do, outlaw Windows in their country?
Actually yes, they can ban sales of the product for at least all government uses, if not for all private sectors as well. which then means people will be pirating it and other M$ software more which means less M$ sales

inb4 "hurr government cant ban...." We're talking about France, not the US. no such thing as freedom

>let's just switch over our entire government to another OS

Yeah, let me know how that goes.

Chekt w/ respekt

lol what a fucking loser
just warn the rest on Sup Forums before shooting up a mosque or whatever

They can ban it for private consumption just as well, Europe is a fascist superstate. If they want something banned it can and will get banned continent wide. Might just be France now, but don't rely on it staying that way.

Not just government, private industry to. Corporations love throwing away stable, proprietary software they've been using for decades and switching over to entirely new, inevitably buggy solutions that put their entire business at risk ;)

>france
>still thinking it runs the EU

The fourth reich is upon us and nobody is listening to what pierre has to say, only hans.

>m-muh freedumbz
holy fuck the meme is real

>let's allow unlimited numbers of Muslim rapists
>OH WINDOWS IS BAD

Why are Yurocucks so pathetic

>big corporations are invincible

Nah, MS already got slapped more than once, they'll comply.

fluoride

It was done somewhere in Germany. Twice.

Every French person I've met, even turbo normies, are even more obsessed with avoiding the botnet than most people on /k/.

I'm not surprised.

they make more than some small nations... they may get their shit slapped today but tomorrow is another story

Munich switching over was quite an interesting case not only was it a political move MS sent out some of their head honchos to convince them to switch back.

OH KUFIR they cry. OH KUFIR YOU MUSNT INSULT THE MEMBERS OF ISLAM

Dumb shit weeb tripcuck fuck off.

Germany is a paper government. We're not talking simply switching e-mail clients in France.

Every French person I've met, even turbo normies, are even more obsessed with avoiding the botnet than most people on Sup Forums.

I'm not surprised.

yeah most frenchies are inherently libertarian

But google is "don't be evil" xD

Not using that shit nigga. Also checked, nice dubs you got my man

>posting feels guy
no wonder