Poll

Guys what should i get. 1060 for 480 for 250dollars range?

strawpoll.me/10817428

Other urls found in this thread:

moonlight-stream.com/
techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/RX_480_STRIX_OC/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fucking retard

hey what your probelm mane?

there's 1000000 articles covering the two and their performance in games stop pretending opinions matter when you can measure something

looks like the 480 won OP oh wait its just prob one AMD shilling

Google async compute.
/thread

google Shadowplay
google ansel
google gamestream

go with the 480 nitro+
both cards perform good enough in dx11
480 performs better in dx12 and vulkan
either way depends on what games you wanna play, gears of war 4 is going to use async which was confirmed today it's also a dx12 title. forza horizon 3, new deus ex and battlefield 1 are all dx12 which are coming out soon.
either way you win with dx12, IF vulkan takes off see it as a bonus.

this applies if you have a 1080p 60hz monitor
if you have a better monitor get a 1070/1080.

google amd game dvr
google unecessary gimmicks
google proprietary solutions

to add, if you don't care about playing new games or windows 10 get a 1060GTX.

Shadowplay, what does this do that AMDs solution cannot?

Ansel, "Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots and view in 360. Compose your screenshots from any position, adjust them with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share them in 360 degrees using your mobile phone, PC, or VR headset." Why would I give a shit about this?

Gamestream, I do this with steam.

Gtx1060 should be the one on top

Probably this really, if you want future proofing. 1060 does Oc better I think. I'm personally waiting a few more months. GPU market is still shit despite the hype.

>GPU market is still shit despite the hype.

gpu market has always been shit and will continue to be shit. i remember when spending 300 for a gpu was consider HIGH end +.

1060 not supporting SLI is a huge deal breaker

I would go with the rx480

problem is the gains in dx 12 for an rx 480 may be dependent on having an i7.

The hype of rx 480 killed it along with pci e issues meme or not.

GTX 1060 cards have dx 12 speculation biting them.

>Gamestream, I do this with steam.

No you don't

>may be dependent on i7

Source on that? I'm not trying to be a smug asshole, genuinely interested.

>shadowplay
There are dozens of freeware capture programs that do the exact same thing.

>ansel
Is the only interesting part of this set, as not every game has the capability to take screenshots so freely. That being said, it's a gimmick at best.

>gamestream
I hope you've got a Shield to go with it.

>a bunch of gimmicks versus legitimate hardware capability
Okay.

but didnt AMD fix that with a driver since it wasnt hardware end problem but a firmware.

get killed

Take it with a pinch of salt as these are old cpu but the gains from the 480 with even a 5 year old i5 won't be as big as we're seeing with this hyper threaded i7.

You don't need a shield for game stream. I use it all the time to invite friends to play with me in co op games. It's like ps4 share play.

>no sandy bridge

what is even point of this chart? at least show most popular god damn Intel CPU.

Can an i5-6600k surpass the bottleneck of the 480?

DOOM is litterally the most piece of shit game ever made. Nobody cares about this title its gameplay is pureshit. why do you fags care about its benchmarks instead of BF1 or Arma3?

the point is to show that a lot of the people who will be considering these poorfag tier mainstream budget cards won't have top of the range i7.

>DOOM
>bad

let me guess. You like CoD and Halo right?

>the i7 meme

both are better then a gpu benchmark meme game. its litterally like crysis. A game that everyone talked about but no one really played besides the campagin

>1060 doesn't see much dx12 improvements
>480 useless if you don't have an i7
God...all I wanted to do is play my vidya at 60fps...

Aren't you supposed to wait for more reviews, the 1060 was just released

And why is electronics so fukin expensive in EU

>And why is electronics so fukin expensive in EU

all the manufacturing is done by some chinese slaves for the US which resell shit for EU cucks for twice as much

lol i almost fell for the DX12 meme. thankfully i know Nvidia always wins

>besides the campaign
>implying multiplayer is the most relevant part of a game

Millenial confirmed.

>no async
>no dx12
>no vulkan
1060 will die before the end of the year

Sorry, was away playing shit. But yeah, I have an i5 4690k and want to see some benchmarks of how much the rx 480 improves over the 1060 in dx 12 if at all.

That's what I was talking about, if my i5 4690k might still make the 1060 more a wise purchase.

They did, but memes still become caution like vaccines and autism.

Asking Sup Forums if you should buy an AMD GPU is like asking Nvidia forums if you should go for Nvidia OP.

>proprietary

and? just because they don't open the codebase to everyone doesn't mean it's bad?

gnu/linuxposters should leave, we're talking about GPUs, and tux racer doesn't need a gpu, not that the drivers work on gahnoo/loonux.

what tools did you use to pull this out of your ass?

t. Bullshit.com

1060 is way better

do you even know what gamestream is? you don't need a shield for it. you can send an email to yourself and access your game library from any pc anywhere.

or you can just simply use the shield client to stream your games to any device whether it be a phone or tablet via moonlight. very low latency too (i was just using it)

moonlight-stream.com/

Sup Forums is just a bunch of loser poorfags who get hard because they "predicted" that their shitty GPUs will run well in 2 games 2 years later. Link that poll on Sup Forums and see what happens.

>Guys what should i get. 1060 for 480 for 250dollars range?

You can't buy either at $250 range.

fucken /bread

forgot to mention that you can invite people to play as you in any game via a stream in any browser or they can actually join you eg if you want a match of street fighter with your cousin who doesn't own the game you simply send him an email and he gets a full HD stream of the game and he can play with you. it emulates his controller as if he's sitting right next to you.

Kek, butthurts, nVidia Gimpworks is real, you should only look at the status of Kepler and Maxwell cards now like how a lowly 380X/7970 BTFOing a GTX 770/680

Keep the 480 at 20% max increase but set the 1060 to a 35% decrease over the years, then the graph will be real.

if you want to play old games that is

I know gimpworls is real but that doesn't change the fact that your graph is bs lad

The benchmarks are comparing an aftermarket 1060 to a blower style 480 and they're already close. When the aftermarket 480s come out it'll leave the 1060 in the dust. Heck "leaked" benchmarks already say it does.

Aftermarket 480 already came out and gained whooping 1 fps!

HOLY
FUCKING
SHITBALLS

FRAME
PER
FUCKING
SECOND

Nah, I'm buying a 1060, got my shield k1 and a controller, can play vidya on the train.

techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/RX_480_STRIX_OC/

sorry to tell you but it's shit.

I have an idea, EVGA 1060, pay for a little bit of an extended warranty, try and step it up wit han RMA after year 3.

techpowerup is a huge NVidia shill site.

That's the one I've been looking at, the SC variety. Switzerland has a mandatory 2 year warranty on all tech purchases anyways.

it's shit, no matter which way you twist it.

"The game's DirectX 12 implementation, however, is too riddled with bugs to be integrated into our test bench for now."

How much truth is there to this?

that card is sexy as fuck

>if you want to play any games

Fixed that for you.

Is the EVGA non-SC GTX 1060 fine if I'm not looking to overclock?

If you're running an old CPU then yes, an i7, if you're running haswell, broadwell, or Skylake, an i5-6400 or similar will keep it fed.
That's not to say an i7 wouldn't do better but again, there is a point where you'll hit diminishing returns. You don't need a broadwell-e i7-6950 to get decent results out of an RX 480, and I doubt it'll net you much more than an i7-6800 will

But still with an i5 4690k I might as well get a 1060?

may aswell. i have that cpu too

Yes, also it was a media assblasting out of a non.issue since every GPU over the last 10 years has done it to a similar if not more extreme extent but no media backlash was seen. MoBo PCIe tracers and VRMs are overbuilt an underspec'd like every electrical component out there for the sake of protecting it from failing by a user over utilizing the component.
The only industry I can think of where this is not the case is space research and exploration tech where they squeeze every last but out of every conponent due to the weight and space restrictions and already immense costs involved. That's exactly why they use bolts and other components to failure tolerance, not yield tolerances. Bolts and electronics are utilized to the edge of failure where they will in fact break if stressed or utilized beyond what is calculated and planned for

Whichever is cheaper. If the difference between the 480 and 1060 is $50 or less expensive get it instead.

An i3-6100 can, as can an i5-6400
An easy quick show of this is strictly graphics scores on 3Dmark bench results.
After the i5-6400 returns aren't big enough to necessitate the use of bigger better CPUs to feed the 480

Hey pussy stop copying mane from me, i'm literally the only faggot that says that on here.

Faggot, I bet you're the kind of kid that thinks Quake 3 Arena was trash
Shit I like halo and I still think that is a massive faggot

RX 480, because it supports good business practices (or at least not as bad as nVidia).

stfu mang you don't even say it right

Settled that then.

EVGA 1060 it is.

My favorite part is nVidia convincing 3Dmark to gimp their Dx12 benchmarks asynch feed with their "DX12 dos and donts" so it wouldn't shit on their GPUs and show how bad they are at DX12 and asynch compute.

good choice

>tfw €
>tfw non reference 1060 is about the same price as the reference 480
how terrible is the reference 480?

No nigga its mane, trust me brah, i'm from the South and i'm the only one on this whole board that says it.

isn't it amazing that humans evolved to see at 24FPS and AMD graphics cards are coincidentally able to render at exactly that rate?

really makes you think

anything over 24fps is unnecessary vote AMD!

>DX11
>DX12
RX480
>Vulkan
RX480
>Driver Support
RX480 will last you longer (at least 2-3 years, maybe 4 years), 1060 support will be dropped for sure in less than a year in favor of 1160

But the 1060 beat the 480 at both DX12 and Vulkan.

>inb4 m-muh drivers

thing is the 1060 is a faster card then the rx480 so unless you want to use a faster card go with AMD

If you have an i7.
I was hoping the gains would be in AMD's favour regardless of the above.

>If you have an i7.

this

the idiots buying AYYYMD are usually poorfags who cant afford the i7

>drivers don't count because they make my preferred company look bad
So far RX480 beats 1060 in all DX12/Vulkan benchmarks released but feel free to prove otherwise.

Hypothetical future driver revisions magically improving hardware performance don't count because they're hypothetical.

It's not that I'm a poorfag but didn't have a crystal ball that said "an i7 may actually be beneficial in gaming".

thats beside the point. getting something that works well and utilizes the full power of the cpu while getting driver support

with a $250 i7*

fixed that for you.

I haven't owned an AMD product since they were Ati, only thing stopping me is I can get a 5 year warranty on an EVGA then have it shit itself at year 3.

1060 is 25% faster for $10 more.

>I can get a 5 year warranty on an EVGA

imo eVGA as they were known is kinda overrated. I owned two of their cards and one failed in 2 years the other would randomly have artifact problems. looks like im going with msi or some other brand next time around.

Having a UK rma centre is important and i like things to have a supported life span of over 3 years or I'd give a Sapphire 480 a go.

your telling me that asus msi have no warranty? im betting evga resells those rmaed cards anything so

so, if your gaming at 1080p and just aiming for 60fps does it matter which card I choose? Will my i5 cause any problems for either of these cards? I don't care about brand I just want something that will give me a good frame rate at my resolution and last me until my nest upgrade (3 maybe 4 years) I'll probably be looking at a new cpu by then

>rx 480
>a card that's out of pcie spec
i dont know about the autists that browse this anime forum but i buy components that are compatible with each other

yea both of them could easily handle anything 1080p at 60fps across all titles. Just make sure which card pairs better with your cpu.

it's haswell, not sure if it's considered outdated by now.

Some of them you have to send further afield. I got it mixed up, shit. Gigabyte has the UK centre, EVGA has a Germany one but 5 year coverage I think also a uk one.

MSI have a 3 year and a UK centre but very bad reputation on service.

Zotac 5 years but you have to send it to hong kong.