Go to hackathon

>go to hackathon
>force self to chat with person
>he turns out to be really smart, Android certified by Google
>talk to two more people
>they're borderline autistic and hardly respond, look upset that I'm there
>end up on one of their teams
>announcer says, watch out for that guy (points at first dude I talked to), he won the last hackathon
>okay it's not over yet, can still make a decent project
>our team add in a girl and brown guy
>we get a "cradler" as the organizers call them
>team with reigning champ doesn't.
>50 year old woman Cradler: "so what's an API?
>We're going to use Google Maps API
>Cradler: "I bet you could just link to the page, that's an API."
>Try to make some order. Say to everyone "let's each spend 20 minutes researching APIs to see what suits us best."
>Two women "So you're in charge?"
>Me "no I know nothing about the GPS you guys want to use"
>They don't either except the aspy
>Some random guy interrupts group, acting like he has some authority in a group he's not in
>"You guys should look up APIs"
>Now we're looking up APIs
>I go code alone upstairs, always code better away from people.
>Go back downstairs with a webpage almost displaying a google map
>Feel bad that's all I have
>Realize they haven't done shit, no longer feel bad
>Aspy far ahead, using an API getting an error on a method that apparently doesn't exist
>It's called Domain()
>Girl in group says, "so did you buy the domain yet?"
>Try to make eye contact with aspy, not sure he says the body language skills. Or he doesn't want to be rude.
>Cradler keeps leaning over me and asking what I think the bug is
>Brown guy said he looked up an API. When asked what it does, he says "it does it all."
>Me: "just add it to the google doc real quick"
>never appears on the google doc
>go back upstairs
>come back down two hours before close
>everyone is gone
>it's supposed to continue tomorrow

Other urls found in this thread:

cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/03/23/ohio-attorney-general-county-prosecutor-announce-joint-prosecution/25214981/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

K

>07/23/16(Sat)20:34:17
>dear diary:

We need more women coders!

what was the "assignment" and what's your project

Hahaha rekt

>>go to hackathon
Why did you think this would be a good idea?

Assignment was to help out the area.
Project was to build a web-app that gives users a list of all upcoming events, and let them pick them out. It's sorted into a timeline, including travel time between events.

muh resume

Hackathons are great if you have a good group. Last time I went and did half assed work our team won $1500 and 3 VIP tickets to The Voice (can't find VIP for sale on regular market)

If I only stuck with that first guy. I had to branch out to the loaners who made me feel so undesired that I got afraid to talk to anyone else.

Were you the guy who posted a day or two ago about going to a hackathon? WEW you got shafted regardless of who you are.

If you are that guy, you got dicked really hard and it's a shame you had to experience a hackathon this way. Unfortunately, now you will have to treat this as a learning experience about just how stupid and useless people can be. Once you find someone good (like you originally did) you fucking stick to them like glue.

Not the guy from a day or two ago.

How do I stick to them like glue without weirding him out, and get in the group?

where do you fags find hackathons near your area?

might have to do at least a couple, and gives me a reason to leave the house.

What the hell is a cradler?

A clueless person who knows near nothing about programming. Idk why they go to hackathons, or are forced upon teams.

>"it does it all"
TopKek

I'm holding onto this thread, please continue it tommorrow op.

Don't think I'll go tomorrow.

>they're borderline autistic and hardly respond, look upset that I'm there
Lol'd

Nice.

>Brown guy said he looked up an API. When asked what it does, he says "it does it all."
Sweet.

Decent story overall.

>50 year old woman
shouldn't they be joining some gardening club or whoring out their underage daughters to niggers for drugs?

Well at this point you just need to take the L and ride this one out. In the future, just ask if they have a group/if they'd like to form one. One things hackathons teach is social networking for tech people, which is difficult for a field of assburgers and legit aspies.

>Cradler
Well a newblood isn't necessarily a bad thing because putting them on a team exposes someone new to the community but your hackathon is run by a bunch of retards if they shove some brown fuck who can't understand anything and an old relic who only knows buzzwords on your team. If a hackathon in THE CURRENT YEAR can't effectively balance out newbloods/the curious who know nothing among teams, it's not a good one.

>take the L
you're in shitcongo?

what fucking reality you live in, christ.

L = loss
take the loss

this one, what about you?

cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/03/23/ohio-attorney-general-county-prosecutor-announce-joint-prosecution/25214981/

yeah just because the news is saying it, means it is happening in every household in the country.

who knows, white western women certainly are stupid enough to allow it to happen.

Hey Mohammed.

Oops

>it's a shame you had to experience a hackathon this way
I've been to three hackathons and they were all shit.

don't do it

What's up? Wanna hang out, maybe declare a jihad or two? Kill the kaffir? You know, the usual.

Shame.