British plugs are the best

>British plugs are the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2SopsQEfoc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not when you step on them

then don't do that

>massive-ass plugs taking up twice the space of rational plugs

This is an example of how Britain became a technological backwater and now is reduced to banking fraud to support their economy.

I love these ones.

I think they are the safest plugs currently used (the American one being the least safe in my opinion), but certainly not the best in terms of space-efficiency.
In terms of space efficiency, as well as safety, I think Swiss plugs (pic related) take the cake since no metallic part is accessible when plugged in, and it is space-efficient even with a ground pin.
American plugs can leave part of the plug accessible even if plugged-in with the current running, therefore making it dangerous, and the ground pin is way too rare.

schuko or bust

>and the ground pin is way too rare.
What do you mean "rare"? While there are plenty of low-power devices that aren't grounded, pretty much anything bigger than something like a phone charger will be.

You stupid fucks have separate tap in bathroom with ice cold water and hell hot water. You still have places with cheap boiler. You have separate keyboard for lower letters and caps. You have 2 driving wheels in car other turns left and other right. You drive left sided like japanese Mongolians. You stupid arrogant bastards if you stopped eating your own shit arrogantly you might make it in life. UK fags are the worst fags second to Aussies only.

This. American here, I wouldn't mind having fuses built into my plugs as an additional failsafe. Unfortunately over here the only plugs that have integrated fuses are for fucking Christmas lights and nothing else.

And you guys have lead paint on everything dumbing down your kids

You see that plug? That is the default position of the plug when it is on the ground.
British people are bred tougher, with soles of iron thanks to these. We look where we walk because standing on these is like standing on satan's pitchfork.

>(the American one being the least safe in my opinion)

to be fair americans are only on 110v which is far safer no matter how you cut it

british building sites are required to use 110v earthed (55v to earth at most) for similar reasons

>You stupid fucks have separate tap in bathroom with ice cold water and hell hot water.

old or cheap houses

>You still have places with cheap boiler.

see above

>You drive left sided like japanese Mongolians.

the UK and Japan (among many other countries including Sweden and Finland) developed driving on the left naturally and independently, if it weren't for the French requiring their version of the modern horse drawn carts be ridden on the right and subsequently spreading it to French colonies and occupied countries (including ex English ones like Egypt) as well as Russia and eventually the United States the rest of the world would be driving on the left

if it weren't for the pissing French the world wouldn't be in the sorry state its in now

>what is current
>what is basic physic knowledge
>what is american education

One and the same retard ones again, fuck off.

Nice try faggot, guess you bothered to type first letter in caps keyboard. Hope you get out of EU fast so we other European countries are not mixed with you mouth-breathers. There is nothing with lead paint in this country stop projecting and eating your own shit. You fucking faggots don't even have drinkable water coming from tap in 2016.

Have Uk plag socket adapter, using european plug

>if it weren't for the pissing French the world wouldn't be in the sorry state its in now
We wanted to piss off nobles so they couldn’t shake hands when they met by horse. Seems like it went a bit too far. Not gonna complain though.

And yet for whatever reason all UK mains current is 240V instead of 110.
That said, UK safety sockets or whatever the hell you call them exist for a reason.

Side note, I live in North America but to be honest I prefer RHD vehicles. Feels more natural to me than the domestic LHD's available everywhere. Dunno why people bitch about it being one way or another. Just do what's common, or whats comfy if you can import vehicles with the opposite driving position.

Shuko plug best plug

>no parts accessible
>insertion safety feature
>easy to plug/unplug
>actually possible to fold a cable withouth stabbing yourself

Denmark a cute!

>>what is current
>>what is basic physic knowledge

I said no matter how you cut it for a reason, if you're too retarded to figure out what I mean because you don't have your reddit til telling you "it's not voltage that kills it's current" handy that's not my problem but I'll make it my problem anyway for the poor sods that don't know any better because of tards like you, the resistance of human skin drops with higher voltage at a non-insignificant amount meaning that if you're unlucky enough to grab a live wire with your hand while an earth is shoved down your urethrae you're far more likely to survive due to sheer dumb resistance of skin at 110v than 240v especially if you have thick-skinned calloused hands, never mind on 110v centre earthed british work site voltages where you're not going to get more than 55v from earth

basic physics knowledge mate, easily backed up by real world statistics of lethality and severity of injuries of electrical shocks in 110v countries versus 220-240v or even low voltages compared to 600v+

>And yet for whatever reason all UK mains current is 240V instead of 110.

seems counter productive but because the socket is so safe it leads to pretty nice things like being able to use things like kettles or decent hoovers and irons that can draw in excess of 2800w on any outlet

>the American one being the least safe in my opinion

American electrical code (law) is way more strict than most of the world. Just the fact that Americans use a typical 120 Volt, 15 Amp breaker for a typical bedroom in a home is proof of safety.

just to tl;dr because I forgot, yes it's the voltage that kills you however your skin is going to have far more resistance depending on a number of factors (such as whether it's wet or damaged) and what type of voltage electricity you're dealing with, far better to pick up something metal that's connected to 110v CTE or even just 110v than 240v mains voltage

>yes it's the voltage that kills

amps that kill you* (in the low milliamp range no less) clearly freudian slip

I like the plugs they use in Korea the best. Are those the same as the ones used in Europe? They have a really satisfying feeling when entering an outlet.

Not true, a lot of appliances and things like fans have fuses in the plugs too

>> what is Ohm's Law
Voltage and current are directly proportional. Stupid British cuck

Yes, theyre the same

>Stupid British cuck

it's funny, he replied to me implying I have an American education despite being British and here you are calling him a British cuck

what a website

All British plug sockets have switch on them, so they're objectivly the best.

>japanese mongolians

Danish plug, best plug!

American plugs are grounded. Japanese has no grounded plugs.

Driving in the right is retarded. We write left to right so it's completely bullshit for any non islamic country to drive on the right.

Driving on the right allows you to control the steering whell with your left and the shifter to change gears with your dominant right hand. Most of the world is right handed. You sound like a left handed fag.

The OP plug is a dangerpus chink fake as it is too small and the ground pin is shielded. Also no fuse. The reason British plugs are big is because of safety standards. It also helps to stop your house burning down if there is a fault on the device. Providing the fuse isn't a chink fake (fuse needs sand inside to absorb any explosion) the power can quickly be cut off if it draws too much current (burning out the fuse) and/or leaking current to earth, which should trip out an RCD at the circuit box. There are also switch fuses in those.

American power is actually more dangerous despite being lower voltage.

It's actually the combination of voltage and current (P=IV).
This is proof that shitposters on Sup Forums have no intelligence or knowledge and are obviously under the age of 14.

Literally never seen of that shape in the UK. fuck off cuck.

You pussies scared of a bit of electricity? Try getting an electrical arc in your face.

youtu.be/2SopsQEfoc4

It's a fake illegal plug trying to make British plugs inferior.

Fuck yeah.
Easily stackable, easy to plug in

kys

>throws what is basically water on it

Britain leaving the EU means the three pronged plug is saved.

Didn't you hear they cut the power to it? It's fine to do so then. Snow is probably more effective like foam.

>Wanting to steer with your non-dominant hand
wew

I am left handed. In the UK the driver is on the right so I don't see how that is bad for right handers.

>not using schuko

Europe standard is best standard

I guess, but the moment they turn it back on if the water didn't evaporate it would cause more shit.

>his country doesn't use the European standard plugs

ISHYGDDT

that's not a legal UK plug, it's a chinkshit "UK plug" made by someone who doesn't care about safety regulations.

UK plugs have to include a fuse, that one doesn't.
the earth pin is shielded when it shouldn't be - the only pins that should be shielded are the live and neutral pins.

one more reason why the chinks all want us fucking dead.

Any plug with a ground is the best. Anything other difference are irrelevant.

Now fuck off and end your worthless fucking life so I don't have to see these stupid fucking threads anymore.

You god damn faggot.

>European standard plugs
What do those look like?
I would assume one little brown pronged plug wearing a turban that has to be brutally forced in to a small white socket.

Like this

No ground. What the fuck is this? Edison era again?

They're low power, ground is given by the negative pole

Whats the difference between these 2? I plug the first and second left to the second right

>110v
>safer
This has to be a joke.

>not driving with both hand when not changing gears.
>fumbling around, grinding gears trying to shift with the wrong hand

I wish the US would switch to DC, I just don't see it happening, at least not until solar and wind become the main power generation for the country.

And please, no one jump in and say "hurr durr DC is bad for long distance!" because that was solved ages ago.

There is none, both have live and neutral in the same place, only difference is the plug shape and the ground pin position

If you ask me, all plugs should be the type which allow you to fold the prongs down when they aren't in use. I've been seeing it more often lately and I love devices that use them.

there are objectively the best, thanks germany

I have never stepped on any plug in my whole life. That argument is invalid.

:D

>fuses

Those still exist? I thought everybody got circuit breakers in their houses 50 years ago. Huh. Goes along well with your quaint two-taps system I suppose.

First one the pins are a bit closer together and are also a bit slimmer.
t. someone who uses both daily

>ground is given by the negative pole

do you understand what AC is

One has ground and one hasn't.

I live in Bulgaria and both are used interchangeably.

>says British plugs are best
>uses pic of counterfeit no-fuse plug

Britain lost the war, too poor for copper to get proper radial circuits.

Fuses are only needed with ring circuits, rest of the proper world uses radial circuits.

There's also a 220 volt mains that runs to most homes in the states, but that line is pretty much only used by clothes dryers and ovens.

Enjoy the housefires caused by all the transformers and AC motors.

>And please, no one jump in and say "hurr durr DC is bad for long distance!" because that was solved ages ago.

Pray tell

>99,000 yanks have had lead in their tap water for the best part of 6 months
>a few people in Bongland who live in old/shit houses avoid using hot water due to the minute chance of it being mildly infected
>even they have the choice of upgrading to a boiler thus avoiding the issue completely
>"hurr you don't have drinkable water and drive on the left hurr backwards nation"

Even the shittiest parts of Northern England are better than the """middle class""" areas of the Rust Belt.

Most electrical outlets (in homes anyways) dont really give enough of a shock to kill someone

that's it, continentals are officially retarded

article 50 when?

fuses are in the plugs themselves, basically everyone in bongland has circuit breakers in a box with the rest of their mains

>6 months

m8, those people have had lead in their water for years. They only found out about it in the past year

Only peasants who can't afford to maintain their shitty ex-council houses still have separate taps in bongland

when will the two taps meme die already

When you stop being a dirty liar, only a minority of people have temperature adjustable taps in both the bathroom and the kitchen.

Is this supposed to be a US/EU combo outlet?

Everything about this webm seems incredibly dangerous.

it’s the Swiss outlet, and the guy who created this webm is incredibly retarded.

>mfw people use different plugs

We have fuses everywhere in the household.
No need for a third pin.
When there flows more in than out the fuse will cut it within 30ms

post webm of you touching the live wire

>needing to use dominant hand to manipulate a simple, large lever
No wonder the US armed forces are #1 friendly fire with coordination like that.
It's amazing you can even aim at all

Steering is mechanically much less complex than changing gears.

You can't even argue this.

Obviously comedy, you're the retard.

>at least not until solar and wind become the main power generation for the country
yeah, that'll never happen, they're secondary power sources because they're not continuous.

>No need for a third pin
Enjoy your static electricity.

Best plug right there.

Looks kinda backwards barbarian and un-mordern compared to our glorious Europlugs.

But what can you expect from people who put milk in their tea.

Not in a world these exists (Type N - Brazil)

>I live in Bulgaria

You don't count then.

up ur ass yeh they work wonders