Whats the comfiest programming language?

Whats the comfiest programming language?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/24/article-2330256-19F9B140000005DC-363_634x423.jpg
kotlinlang.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

C#

define comfy

#define comfy C

scheme nigga

python
no troll

I can be dense and say something like Haskell or C

/thread

Fortran
Especially 90 and 95

probably whatever you've worked with the most.

I'm a Java dev, I've spent thousands upon thousands of hours writing Java, I know the language and its strong points and its flaws pretty well by now. So I am rarely surprised working with Java.

I also do a lot of work with Javascript, but nowhere near as much, and the idiosyncrasies still surprise me once in a while. JS has a lot of weird nuances that will throw a rookie off. That said it also does a lot of things really well.

Scheme is shit but I have to admit it is pretty comfy.

Iolanguage

I'm not even kidding. It gets the best of several worlds into one concise language.

>100% oop (feels pure)
>smalltalk syntax (comfy)
>javascript prototypes (extensible, all features not available can be hacked into)
>lightweight and embeddable (can be ported easily to any task or system)
>actors (see Sup Forums no hands)
>differential inheritance (obviously)
>reflection(useful)

Yeah, Python is pretty fucking comfy. I don't know why people think Python is a meme. Python and C++ are like the best languages.

>I don't know why people think Python is a meme.

Because people keep spamming this on Sup Forums.

JS is pretty comfy desu

So C is the best?

lolcode

It's surprisingly readable provided you have a solid experience of memes and internet shitposting/reading, which you should if you are here

O RLY?
YA RLY

NO WAI

OIC

Java is pretty comfy and nice to learn alongside C++ (at least in my experience).
I became more attracted to c++ for some reason, but I'm thinking i should focus a bit more on Java again. I generally don't like how inefficient the JVM is and java-derived scripts and apps are notoriously slow. I remember learning why when I was in class for Java but now I cant remember exactly the reason. Perhaps you can jog my memory, please, as I am thinking you might be able to identify this flaw?

Fuck python and its tabs, go with C# or C++

Python is easily the most comfy

Can anyone even dispute the fact that C# is the comfiest?

Until your program is longer than 100 lines of code.

... Sure bud

This. So many kids here judge programming languages solely by how easily they can write "hello world" programs with them.

I help mantain 115 repos at work, and they're all 10s of thousands of lines of code, so not sure what youre on about

VM takes time to start up?
can never be as fast as c++ because the JVM is a program written in c++

TypeScript

interface Person {
firstName: string;
lastName: string;
}

function greeter(person: Person) {
return "Hello, " + person.firstName + " " + person.lastName;
}

var user = { firstName: "Jane", lastName: "User" };

document.body.innerHTML = greeter(user);

Eventbrite's entire codebase is Python quit being dumb.

Thats a dumb comparison. A language can be faster than the langauge its written in because the compiler compiles it to binary. That being said Java isnt faster than C++ in most cases

My company is a competitor with eventbrite, and we primarily use python. I think Sup Forums is just used to script-kiddies since pythons also great for quick scripts

Any Lisp dialect.

Personally I prefer Common Lisp, but Scheme is quite good too.

I beg to differ. In my experience, a lot of Java-based GUIs seem bloated in the overhead processing sense. Websites with lots of Javascript (similar enough to Java) get bogged down by having them. There's some major flaw in Java that i can't remember now that's behind all this and I'm not sure it was the JVM itself. And no, it's not simply because of Pajeet code

It's a little older, a more vintage model. Doesn't have all the comfort features you might want in a modern language and might do things differently to how you expect, but she's still a feat of engineering today

C++

JavaScript has 0 connection to Java, it's not "similar enough", it's as different as it gets.

What editor is that?

Lua

Java GUI development is pretty rare these days. J2EE on the other hand, is doing quite well in terms of performance.
Also, even if the JVM didn't have a good performance and JIT, that wouldn't be the bottleneck. There are tons of rails apps that are "fast enough"

Visual Studio

visual studio with resharper c++

this

>Whats the comfiest programming language?

Probably the opposite of C++

judging from that picture, Lisp would be the best

MUMPS is comfy. It gets a bad rep but for storing huge data it's fucking nice.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS

Assembly

+1

Dart is superior.

Python should be an RV. Useful but bloated and slow.

OCaml the power of goto, with the safety of functional programming. None of your languages can compete. OCaml is the language of future.

no haskell is
urs can't even into lazyness lol

Racket

Lazy is what is killing Haskell.

only if we're talking about the 6502

Lua is so enjoyable to use and work great when embedded in a more complicated software.

example of how it affects?
also, how am I supposed to do fibonnacci in one line without lazyness?

>example of how it affects?
Try to write a huge program without force.

>also, how am I supposed to do fibonnacci in one line without lazyness?
Implying it matters.

>without force
exaplin

Try to write a fucking huge program without forcing. Just do it once in your life.

without forcing what?

do you mean without evaluation? thats dumb, things need evaluation for anything to happen

OK so you don't even know about what you were talking. I just lost my time.

I O Language
not lol language

explane, im just a newbie

Type haskell force in google please. Try to write a huge app in Haskell without force and come back in one year to argue with me please.

[spoiler]Fucking kiddo who think they have right to speak without knowledge.[/spoiler]

but im not saying that you don't need strictness

are you saying haskell's dying because lazyness is the default?

tell me more about ocaml anyways

Come back in one year please,

>another DESIGNATED language by MicroLoo

no, teach me

that would be forced

No, i'm not a teacher.

stop, teach me
I agree

tell me about ocaml, why does it not do lazyness?
and also the module system that I've heard is great

Just C.

All other languages are lack-of-skill compensators.

Please
C :
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/24/article-2330256-19F9B140000005DC-363_634x423.jpg

C#

You do know that this is an image board, right?

Most definitely Lua, given you have the libraries you need for your current task installed already. Love2d is comfort heaven when make game.
Otherwise, Python.

first post best post

no one mentioned rust yet?

its like writing C but you have to know C++/Java/Haskel to get why its necessary.
Also: the compiler kicks you in the balls every minute if you do shit you are not supposed to do

.. but once you are past that its the best thing i can think of, for doing the really interesting low level shit, without getting bit. slowly replaces all my C shit, so thats something

other then that
> web: nodejs + javascript shit. every kid can do this, but you should also be paid like a kid. if you do IoT with it go fuck yourself
> enterprise: java/c# are both shit. but java works everywhere and has a good "performant" ui last i checked

But C is actually a pretty simple language, if anything using C shows lack of skills as you're unable to use more modern language features like lambdas, closures, functional constructs, etc.

+ visual studio

C

It's the only language I've found that doesn't cause bizarre incomprehensible compile errors.

It's not the best for everything, but it never makes me scream internally.

I took a look at it, and I have to say it does look comfy. Not sure yet of its usefulness (I mean for me, not in general) and if I’ll ever learn it, but I wouldn’t be against it if it proves useful.

Is programming supposed to be comfy?

Always repeating the same thing makes it become the truth. Some people know they are trolling, some don’t.

my only regret with LOLcode is its serious lack of features, I would have fucking loved to be able to do serious and professional stuff with this language.
Alas, I read somewhere its developer gave up on developing it any further.

I guess the comfier language for anyone is generally the one we know the best.
In my case, I would say C++, though Python is too… until I reach a couple of thousands of code line. Then I’m quite lost, and I wish Python had brackets.

as usual

>all these plebs

Python master race. Stay mad man-baby's. I'm making 170k/yr.

I am really starting to like Swift

Malbolge

Python is a meme. It has terrible syntax and just does everything different to be hipster. Not comfy at all when I have to use __main__, self everywhere, unattached imported functions that pollute the global namespace and have side effects, True, False, Nil, etc. Hard typing but duck typing. It's like someone took the worst from c++, java, and javascript, combined it together, then screwed up the syntax for shits and giggles.

This. Rust is awesome, and will become one of the most popular languages. Mark my words.

Things I absolutely hate about Python:

1.) Spaces, tabs and line breaks are syntactic symbols. Makes formatting your code a fucking nightmare.

2.) No end of line symbols, no braces to indicate sections (instead you use fucking tabs which makes code very unreadable unless you have special tools)

3.) Shit like __main__. Just what the fuck, who thought this was intuitive at all? Looks super awful

Apart from these things it's okay, but I honestly don't think about Python as an actual programming language. It's more a way to handle actual programs that implement algorithms in a real language. It's so fucking slow, it's just ridiculous. Even stuff like numpy which you would think should be pretty good by now is a nightmare compared to R for example.

c++

Go.

Go.

Go.

Go.

this

Kotlin with IntelliJ

kotlinlang.org

This. Rust fixes lots of C++ problem: package manager, stupid header file, module importing, reasonable namespace handling, proper error handling, tagged enum, document generation, compile time data racing checking, powerful matching statement, etc.

My point is that Rust is not just another favor, it solves problems and does it well.

this is the average level of cs knowledge on Sup Forums

if you truly believe a package manager or document generation should be in-built part of a programming language then i guess c++ is too complicated for you anyway