Wanting to upgrade my GPU from 1gb 6950 to something slightly newer without upgrading my cpu

Wanting to upgrade my GPU from 1gb 6950 to something slightly newer without upgrading my cpu.

What modern card would suit me best.
I7 920 @4GHz
8gb Ddr3

Will either of the new meme cards, 480/1060 be suitable?

RX 480 Nitro

Yeah. Get a 1060.

1060 works better wilth old cpus

get a 480 or a radeon 7770

Pateet detected
No you can't try to fix windows, stop calling me you curry nigger!

Using a GTX 470 still, what should I upgrade to, or should I just wait?

I have the same CPU and after extensive research I'm getting the 480 nitro

The 480 and 1060 are both good cards at their MSRPs, but they're impossible to find at those prices.

>extensive research
>this card takes a massive driver overhead hit for anything but the most modern i7 cpus
it takes 3 seconds in google to find out the 480 performs worse than the 1060 anyway and the nitro gains 1 fps over the reference 480

I'm starting to believe this board is actually occupied by AMD shills, I guess you save money hiring shills for Sup Forums than you would tech websites

>I'm starting to believe this board is actually occupied by AMD shills
hmmmmmmmmm

I own a 290x you faggot, I just tell the truth

>I own a 290x
no you dont

>denial
Ah yes, the AMD fags' second most favourite activity.
The first being waiting

prove it then

could literally be anyones i want a timestamp faggot

m8 I'm not going to go through all that trouble to prove I own an AMD card, this is bordering on some weird tribal initiation now

You don't have one shill now fuck off.

look at my motherboard, it's what makes my build unique, it's an unlocked intel processor and a locked motherboard

I ordered these parts while drunk, I doubt anyone else has such a retarded build

i still want a timestamp

Go with the GTX 1060. RX480 still suffers from driver overhead even in DX12/Vulkan.

Can you stop posting memes? Get a trip so i can filter you.

Truth hurts, I see.

stop samefagging the """"""""truth""""""""" you annoying aspie

i was about to call you out on that. its painful to see such potential go to waste.

>Thinking this will be an issue when the i7 920 is much faster even at stock clocks and the OP has clocked his one from the stock 2.67 GHz clock to 4GHz
Oh well... Shills gonna be shills...

In all seriousness: The OP's i7 is fast enough to not make this an issue even without needing to be overclocked.

I am going to be doing my head in here. I may just wait until all of them are geared towards dx 12.