So I just bought a new GTX 970 and it's doing this shit

So I just bought a new GTX 970 and it's doing this shit

Do I need to take it back ?

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-oc-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37b-sp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, and get the 480

What do you think, nigger?

no keep it. its supposed to look like that

Fucking pcs man

Looks good to me, senpai.

>3.5

lower the core clock 100mhz

Looks like it's oc too high. I was having a problem like this on my 980 like 2 days ago and the computer kept crashing. I ended up finding out that my msi afterburner oc was fucked for some reason and had my gpu overclocking yo 1000mhz which would cause this to show up for like 5 seconds before the whole system crashed. I just reinstalled afterburner and it was fine.

Why would you buy shit and expect results that are anything BUT shit!?

I don't know it's doing that during the bios and Windows startup screens too

Probably a faulty card then. Get it replaced. If you only bought it recently and can still return it for your money back then I'd say get the 1060 instead. Its much faster for probably around the same price or even cheaper.

Odds are your shitty 970 is refurbished.

No. That's just how it's meant to be played.

>get the 1060

>Buying 970 instead of 1060

That's only a valid excuse if you're from EU cuz I know for a fact a proper AiB 1060 costs at least $60 more than a 970 gtx.

>Not buying the 480

Nigger the fuck are you doing?

good job, op.

witnessed

The card was $230 at frys the 1070 was like twice as much

>frys

>GEFO*RCE

Hey anons should I buy 1060/970 or 480? OR NVM JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.

overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-oc-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37b-sp.html

Frys price matches and that was cheaper than any internet price

Wait for the 1060s or 480s prices to fall in a month or 2,if you need something now then get the 970, otherwise wait it out.

There's a Zotac 970 for 200 on ebuyer and an aib 1060 for 229 on ocuk.

>pre-order.

Are you having a giggle lads? You realize those pre-order prices could mean waiting 6 months same way you have to hunt for Nvidia Shield tablets in UK? I honestly consider just buying a 2nd SLI and getting something like 90% of 1080 performance.

>Pre Order

I have this happen on monitors with a bad DVI connection. Replace the cable or even just reseat it and it'll be gone. If that's not it just replace the card

>970
>ever

were you dropped as a baby?

Install 1060 / Rx480 / R9380 or whatever you can afford, JUST NOT THE GOD DAMN 970

Not even Nvidia shills reccommend it

Jesus christ

Why are you so salty? It's a good card and the no1 most popular gpu in the world.

It's part of the nVidia Experience.

That's just The Way You're Meant To Be Played™

kek

leave

It's an Asus card btw so don't buy an Asus 970

rekt

get a 1060 retard

>3.5 GB

it's just making your computer more nvidia themed,this is the future you chose.

Got a pic of a 979 PCB with only 3.5gb worth of vram modules?

Yeah I thought not.

970*

Why would anyone buy a 970 when a 1060 outperforms it with 980 performance and has 6GB of GDDR5 memory too

Op here

Wanted to check one more time so I tried a different hdmi cable and it works, even though the other cable works fine with my original graphics card
Weird

4GB of vram at work.

>buying a 970 instead of a 1060

How can you be this retarded?

>nvidia
laugh my ass out
my ass out
out

Apparently if it's signficantly cheaper you can justify it. In my country the cheapest 970 is 50 euro less than the cheapest 1060, which is at 280 euro right now. I don't think it's worth to buy a last gen card even if it's 50 euros less but yeah that's just me.

>1060 starting in the £260-300 range
>970 in the £180-230 range

I sure wonder why people might look at other options

Whatever user, the 1060 is faster and will get even faster over time. It will also be faster in newer games and DX12 titles.

You can get several bon ref 1060s for £240. Enjoy being a retard and buying the inferior card.

>I enjoy an 11% performance increase for £60 more

Going by that stone hard logic anybody that doesn't get the new Titan release is retarded.

Tighten your fucking DVI cable you shithead.

>implying that the 970 is fast enough to even accomodate 4gb of vram
>people still think that a card can have 9001gb of vram and the card is automaticly fast enough to even use it properly
>its Sup Forums that still believes this
Sup Forums sure has let itself go.

>970
>new

Thats normal for nvidia cards.

>getting a gtx 480 shiggy diggy doo

>a newer faster card with more Vram should be cheaper than a two year old card

Nice logic m8. Enjoy being retarded and buying an inferior card.

I never argued that it should be faster, I argued there were cheaper alternatives with better price to performance. Your argument was "It's £60 more expensive and faster you're stupid for not buying it" This argument scales all the way up to having multiple titans.

Just stop, you are retarded. The 970 cost more on release than the 1060.

The 970 was £280-£350 on release. The 1060 is faster and has more Vram. The 1060 can be bought for £240-£300.

The 1060 is faster than the 970 by quite a bit in games, it even beats the 980 in some games and is just behind it in others.

The 1060 will get even faster with new drivers over time. It will perform even better in newer games and in DX12 games it will be significantly better than the 970.

You keep thinking 'hur dur price' while the rest of buy the better card.

nice quads

The price on release does not fucking matter, todays prices do you utter retard.

I can get a 970 today first hand for £180, second hand or refurbed? £120-130~. for a 12% performance loss? Easily taken. Also the performance gain over time from drivers will not be nearly as incremental as you make it out to be. I could also overclock to make that performance parity negligible.

if you fucks did your job and just responded to these shitposting shillthreads and fagshit like linoox thread/dpt thread etc etc

with a simple:
INSTALL GENTOO
this wouldn't be an issue.. but nooo you dumbfucks go around dumbing everything up being dumbasses and now look at this fucking place.

not a gentoo to be found, yet plenty of shitposting. i'm very disappoint.

>buying second hand electronics ever

LUL

>the price on release does not matter
>todays prices do

Holy shit, when will you stop posting retarded bullshit?

The 970 is a two year old card... why do you expect the 1060 to cost the same?
The 1060 is £50 cheaper than the 970 was on release and is faster with more vram.

This is my last post to your retarded ass, you are fucking dumb. The 1060 is a far superior card and it destroys the 970 and will continue to do so even more in newer games and DX12 ones.

You fucked up and made a stupid decision, deal with it.

When I buy a 970 I do so at todays prices, not prices on release. That's not bullshit that's objective fact.

I do not expect the 1060 to cost the same, I just do not see a 12% performance increase worth a 33% price increase.

Wot

>doesn't understand the concept of depreciation

I do, that is why the 970 is cheaper than the 1060.
The 1060 isn't even competing with the 970 it is competing with the 980,which it beats in most games and is just behind it in others.

What is this retard logic

As I mentioned this card was $230
I wanted something cheap and decent to replace my 560 ti, now that it is working it met that requirement

getting the latest card is a waste of money

>getting the latest card is a waste of money

Could be a bad cable.