Sup Forums client? thoughts?

Sup Forums client? thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

minbrowser.github.io/min/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nb4 browser extension

this uses the api, and is extendable, you can hook into post messages, images, board details, etc, etc.

pinterest/10

>

Stop making this site more accessible, you're the cancer plaguing this site.

what if i name it trumpchan?

Normies love Trump, he's the stand comedian every one can laugh to. Name it something they can't pronounce.

suggestions? i'm open to shit, but honestly thinking about slanging this for $15 a pop, how do you market to normies btew?

You don't. By default, Sup Forums operates pretty smooth. People add extensions to make it even smoother, this doesn't add anything new. From what I saw here, , all the features in the world won't make this much better. In all honesty, if the site were hard enough or needed another client to run it, we'd probably not be here. Market for free and turn a quick buck from the download links. This won't be the next 4chanx if it isn't open source.

Looks like shit honestly. You are really bad at design and you should stop.

Very true i would be happy to donate but I'm not just gonna buy this shit

more advice like this, i actually strted on this project last year with the intention of building a client i could easily click on an image an download it to a particular folder really quick, not bulk shit. started fresh a week ago.

Then i started thinking, copypasta plugins, set detection plugins, tripcode plugins, etc, think it'd be a shit ton better then anything the browser based version has + any chrome extension

then i also started thinking i want the new japanese guy to buy this when it's straight up representable in 6 months, for 2 years worth of salary, maybe it's possible

i might go open source, we'll see what demand looks like

add a mult-thread view similar to tweetdeck

>15$ for trash-tier webkit front end and a bit of custom css
Who the fuck are you trying to sell this too?

>Normies
Are you fucking retarded? No normie is gonna spend 15$ when they could literally google this site and get access for free.

>Sup Forums regulars
Are you fucking retarded? No regular is gonna spend 15$ when they already are power users and have a browser with stuff like 4chanx and custom css already in there.

>Mobile users
>What is dashchan
>What is clover

So congratulations, you just created obsolete software.

nobody is gonna pay for this. seriously fuck off. KEK. the idea is nice but the day you make this public somebody is gonna steal it and make it better. Not gonna pay for open source too, idiot. Even if you don't make it open source, the moment it costs money somebody else makes a better one. Most people on Sup Forums could but nobody is insane enough to do it without a good reason.

api has been available for years and years and Sup Forums retards cant build anything beyond bulk image downloaders that don't work lol, i think i'l be okay if i can launch tomorrow

just added Sup Forums pass and posting functionality, was like 30 min son with es7

i wouldn't pay for this, but if it was free i would definitely use it.

nobody is impressed.

>if it was free I would definitely use it
I wouldn't.
>Trusting Sup Forums anons to not make a botnet

Pororochan

>thoughts?
Stop browsing Sup Forums

You want to make something that's actually useful? Here's an idea

A *chan aggregator. Let me view/reply to boards/threads from multiple chans all in one client. Then maybe you'll be on to something

I wouldn't trust this shit unless it was free software and I could review the source. Nobody with even two brain cells to rub together would download a binary from some douche on Sup Forums.

this isn't my first rodeo, i'll put my name all over this because it can be trusted, it wouldn't take long for someone to catch on if there was something else going on (like me logging your dumb posts?)

but either way, i'm thinking of different ways of monetizing my ability to parse and mine this data in ways i don't think anyone else is doing

meme magic = profit for reals

>monetizing my ability to parse and mine this data

LEAVE MY Sup Forums NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Language?

Summed up in one statement.

>I could review the source.
You could? You know whatever-the-language-is that they wrote that piece of crap in? You're qualified to audit 50,000 lines of code?
You have no idea what you're posting about.

kill yourself

>unironically writing spyware
Good luck with that when people can go back to a browser without effort.

sure you have the license and trademark agreements with hiroshimoot already, right?

do you want to get sued, yes?

You SEEM like you just care to make a quick buck (which you won't) and just want to cash in on Sup Forums without caring about the faggots that use it. That's not a good trait to have when making applications or just being a human in general, but that's none of my business.™ ️

Umm, other than that... It's pretty difficult to do something like Sup Forums on a desktop. It'd be MUCH easier on mobile. For desktop you pretty much have to have it in catalog view always to use the space up and have everything big, like you do now, or make it more like the browser has it and have a lot of empty space. But in that case, why not just use the browser instead of the application. Makes it pointless.

You have to find the perfect balance that makes this worth it over a browser. Which is probably the reason a lot of people don't care to do this and just make extensions or do it on mobile, which would be much easier to design. Design is everything here. If you fail in this part, especially on Apple's platform, no one will use your product especially normies. If this was another OS maybe you'd get away with it.

Remove the blue background. Too much blue in general. Don't force colors. Leave it white. No need to add color where not needed, makes it tacky. Also, look more into designing. Removes the blue background and post it back, it'll look much better. Use colors sparingly and for a purpose. No point in having 50 shades of blue going on. Use color to emphasis a feature™ such as replying and make normal things subtle colors. For example, look how Safari is designed.

Also, don't use gradient for a background on something for desktop. That's retardedly tacky.

Also, another thing I just realized. You don't HAVE to design it this way. In fact, don't. It just looks like bare minimum Safari. :^)

Make it more like the Twitter one. I believe that'll help it A LOT. If you don't design it this way, all you're left with is something that can be done with a plugin. Or just inspect element on Safari...

oh dog, my sides. Nobody is going to use your fucking spyware.

You're better off making a sheet forums plastered with ads

Nothing's more accessable than a web browser. A third party app that you have to go out of your way to get isn't accessible as using your web browser to visit Sup Forums.

Take mobile for example, Clover is quite popular even though it's out of your way. All I'm saying is it's not worth it but OP will do as they please.

Nigga why are you doing this? You literally cannot beat Chrome and Sup Forums X.
Stop trying to get more normies to hop in and shit all over the place, just like Clover brought a bunch of fags.
And it's on OS X also, which makes it even worse.

Cool, just one question: Can you use the backspace key to go backwards?

I'll go against the tide here.

Bring it. I've always wanted a Sup Forums client for desktop. Something thats separate from my browser. Browser userscripts make Sup Forums quite good, but I suspect a native client would be pretty nice. Javascript and such consume lot of cpu time and is inefficient compared to native render. If you can make the client smooth/efficient/feature that emulates most of 4chanX/Clover, then by all means, release it.

This I guess. It needs to have more if not the same features.
Also release it on all platforms.
Make it open source!

>Javascript and such consume lot of cpu time
You realize OP probably made that with Javascript and Electron, right?

Actually, it's called macOS.

Thank you for your understanding. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

just give me .app to test you fuck

An app is worth it when it adds some functionality. Themes, notifications, tabs not eating tam etc

needs to be darker
also needs to be syncable so i can monitor my (You)'s on the go.

You guys can get similar results with css editing. I like that color scheme actually. I'm gonna try it out.

Does this support Windows?

i meant free as in freedumb also

want to browse chan without browser bloat nice shortcut customisation and tab management

minbrowser.github.io/min/

Clinton Email client Thoughts?

into the trash it goes

>min
>50mb

>CSS and Javascript using Electron
>without browser bloat