point them away from each other first so you don't have to worry about timing

by not doing it because I am not retarded

connect them to a computer
instruct computer to send 2 signals at the same time

So many negations in a single sentence

2 negations not seperated by a comma

>many

k

Press them (the buttons) together and aim the lasers with mirrors.

You have to account for the exact length of the wire

>and aim the lasers with mirrors.

Okay, how is this even a puzzle? I'm interested in hearing why.

For starters, nobody has been able to answer it so far

Just don't use buttons. Wire a single switch to both of them.

I'm not But I would aim the laser so it is orthogonal to an actual mirror, so when I press the button it annihilates itself. Repeat for second one.

How do you press two physical buttons in absolute sync? Light from a laser is faster than electrons in your wires.

Put a rigid metal bar on top of both buttons and push the bar down in the middle

Put double-side mirror between or you just press them with absolute precision and sync. Fuckin' autism man wtf.

If you push the buttons simultaneously they'll destroy themselves twice as hard. Beams' phases have to be in antiphase(180 degrees shift). Thus, you'll also have to exact distance between the lasers, their wavelength...

Make the laser less powerful, and add poison to it instead, so even if they are slightly out of sync, they will both be alive and able to degrade the other

Easy, you don't time it. Just use one piece of material to press both at the same time.

|_______|
n n
[----] [-----]

What if lasers are 500 metres apart?

I'll just destroy one and take the other.

>at the same time
>this guy thinks this is possible
lmaoing @ ur life

Now this is bullshit as there are so many fucking variables with this situation
For instance, what type of laser is this?
Crystal oscillation or gas-centered?
Are the lasers placed in a vacuum?
Are the material properties/material construction identical to each other disallowing latency with button actuation, electro-magnetic flux, capacitance ect,
What wavelength are the lasers operating at?

Honestly assuming if you're an idiot and all these variables are in check, the operational foundations of this situation should remain as performing with equal frequency and amplitude coincide while traveling in EXACT opposite directions,
they SHOULD PRODUCE A STANDING WAVE AND CANCEL OUT THE EFFECT OF THE SO CALLED DESTRUCTION OF WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU'RE TRYING TO ACHIEVE IN THIS SCENARIO

See

This. OP here. You can all go home now.

Pull my penis out and cum on both lasers

>What are interferences?
Not guaranteed to cancel the lasers if you light them on at the same time.

You're supposed to use one laser to turn on the other laser.

>For instance, what type of laser is this?
Industrial laser 2GW, it says to in the picture

Put a mirror in between so that they destroy themselves.

/thread

nice try faggot

Put something in between the lasers to block them, hold both buttons and remove whatever is blocking the lases

Thinking outside the box confirmed

A winner is you

I already said that. Don't you /thread. OP is a faggot tho. If he says this doesn't work he can go fuck himself

OP didn't I win first?

the laser reflects upwards and if you don't reply to this post your motherboard will be fried in your sleep.

They didn't annihilate each other

Not possible. Even the single cable lenght difference makes a difference (nanosecond, or less but still a difference.) You need to cut the both cables precisely at the same atom lenght and keep them at the same position, same distance from energy source. Ergo, not possible.

Are you a child?

One other thing, it is the answer if we are unable to block the lasers.

Place an object in middle, press both (not necessarily in sync) and remove the object to commence annihilation.

You will have to remove the barrier at the speed of light for that to actually work.

>remove the object to commence annihilation.

You don't even have to.

Just wait for the lasers to eat all the way through the object.

That's why I wrote the post you fa/g/.

>plank of wood
>place on 2 lazers
>press down on plank of wood.
problem=solved

Probably the only smart one in the thread
This one wins though

Put one portal between them that is opened by the pressing of one switch.

``Magic®™''

>not understanding speed of light

>According to the special theory of relativity, it is impossible to say in an absolute sense that two distinct events occur at the same time if those events are separated in space.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_of_simultaneity

Get two hydraulic presses and put the lasers in them, then send a command to both presses at the same time

Grand wizzowwwwrd

>not understanding the power of a plank of wood.

They don't annihilate each other

The two buttons are replaced with a single double pole double throw switch

Good job. I never trusted those buttons to begin with.

Press both buttons at the same time.
>inb4 muh reflexes
That's what you get for playing games with sub-optimal FPS on AyyMD GPUs faggots.
Nvidia 4lyf.

Remember to use wire stands and make the wire bend less possible

You dont want nasty noise interferences

Ask a friend to push the other button exactly at a certain moment
Note: you have to be 9001 kilometres apart

Wire them to same bar of semiconductor at equal lengths similar to this
Make it conductive

Have one on the moon and another on Earth. You've got a 1.3s delay.

Put them away about 330.000km from each other.
This way we have a tolerance of 0,9sec.
Praise me.

Why would it reflect upwards if the mirror is at 90 degrees surely it would reflect to the origin

What's the allowable margin of error? It's literally impossible to move 2 atom at the exact same time using the exact force.

ez pz
>remove the 2 buttons from the lasers
>wire them both to 1 button instead of 2
>press the 1 button
>both activate

You're retarded. How do you push both of them at the same time once you've separated them that far? Even communications at light speed will take 0.9 seconds after the separation. This needs to be done on-site. Possibly replacing the buttons with a wired connection (same size both sides) to send a signal to both devices at once.

Idiot. See

push buttons
turn on power

Build a piston which would push a plate down on the two buttons and activate it remotely.

Move them very far apart and set them off at the same time with very close to the same time with wires.

Using some sort of electromagnetic signal originating from a point equidistant to the two lasers connected to two devices to press the buttons. If they were far enough apart the small differences between the times the lasers would activated with this method would not matter.

I'll just use them as lightsabers and annihilate my enemies

This.
Place them far apart from each other.
Stay in the middle with a button which sends an electronic signal in both directions at the same time.
The signal activates the lasers.
They're not activated at exactly the same time, but it doesn't matter, because the light has to travel to reach the other laser, anyway.
/thread

The difference in wire lengths just needs to be less than the distance between the laser pointers.

Wrong. The specification is that they should annihilate each other.

Use mirrors to create a delay. The light takes 1s to travel from one laser to the other one, so you just have to push both of them in 1 second.

This kind of electronic signalling problem is used in making nuclear weapons

Run the negative wires through a single switch so that they both receive power at the same time

Hold the buttons down and toggle the circuit breaker.

In absolute ideal conditions which are probably next to impossible, they would just destroy each other in the exact same way

Put a material between them that won't be destroyed for a few seconds, turn them both on, remove the material. Or let them burn through.

How strong is this laser? Because if you can put something between them, activate both and remove it afterwards, that could work.

very carefully

The "if you don't reply to this post" meme only gets replies on Sup Forums, sorry lad.

put an object between the 2 lasers and turn them both on. When both lasers are activated remove the object vertically and the lasers' energy will meet at the same time.

Put a radio transmitter/receiver pair on each that activates when the signals are in phase and slowly move them apart

Use concave lenses on both lasers , dispersing the energy over a larger area allowing each laser to be turned on at ones leisure
also
>2GW lasers

Fuck off

kill OP first

If you just want the lasers to annihilate each other, just put something opaque between them (like others have suggested) and either remove it after both lasers are on, or let the lasers burn through it. It's a simple, easy, and effective solution. Y'all are overthinking it.

If you're not allowed to do such things, and you absolutely insist on the two buttons being pressed at "exactly totally 100% the same exact time, for realsies" (as the picture implies) then you can fuck off.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_of_simultaneity

This.

Some anons here are way too overthinking this.

Other answers here are not proving 100% of the same time anyway. Electrical switch would be the closest I think.

Well that's kinda like making a "puzzle" of how to build an object that is perfectly spherical at the atomic level.

I guess you can try pressing a large flat surface onto both lasers at once.

You're a smart user.

The beams would disappear because of destructive interferences.

Call up Dio and have him do ZA WARUDO and push the buttons while time is stopped

i dun it

this

How do you know the fork is perfectly parallel to the two switches?

depends on the distance