How can I VNC into a windows desktop without disturbing what is currently being displayed...

How can I VNC into a windows desktop without disturbing what is currently being displayed? This is the default behavior in linux/gnu, a vnc login will launch a new x11 session that doesn't affect the other sessions.

I thought the systray icon just changes a color.
i use it all the time with customers.
some might flick for a moment too

I want to be able to perform administrative tasks without disturbing what is on the display (HTPC). In linux this handled by logging you into a new session, but I don't know how to accomplish this with windows

you could bind cmd.exe and get console
if you need the screen, well, that ain't happening coz same season

I would like a full desktop

I have read that this might be doable using native windows functionality by creating a dummy extended desktop and vncing into it instead of the main desktop but didn't know if there is a better route

I do not see a scenario where the user is unaware of someone VNCing-in and using input devices
i still think that a cmd should be enough.

i red this is hard to implement on windows. Some banking trojans have this functionality tho

Am noob but doesnt remote desktop connection do this? Would be the easy way if you're also running windoze

I think tightVNC lets you do that, It's also open Sorse if i remember correctly.

And by "This" I mean log in as another user without disturbing the physically present user.

that would require a real multiuser system.

don't know, I'm unfamiliar with windows

NOTHING gives you the users desktop + input devices without disturbing him/his session.
not even a terminal server lets do that

maybe some remoteApp voodo, but that too won't be perfect

and yet microsoft claims that windows is a multiuser system

that's what a terminal server is for.
100 connected users to a single Server 2012 R2 easy
everyone has their own account, their own session, registry, etc

when a user is currently logged in, then remote-desktop will kick him when you connect. If you want to join the other guys session, use something else. If you want an own session, you need to run windows in terminal-server-mode, which only works with windows-server (the server-version of windows).

You obviously do not understand what a VNC does. It allows you to connect to another computer network. So that all your network connections appear to originate from the server running the VNC on that network instead of appearing to come from your shitty little home DSL or cable modem network.

VNC doesn't let you hack into other computers, just connect to another network.

My bad, I was thinking of VPN, not VNC.

I take it you've never experienced dameware.

>this is the new Sup Forums

looks like a great place to come to for help

>cmd should be enough

It's not. I want to alter GUI program settings that aren't accessible from the command line.

That's why we have for help.

>Windows Server, the server version of Windows.
No shit bro.

if you can manage to pirate it, try Dameware. that will do what you are looking to do.