Are we winning already?

Are we winning already?

just wait till they fill it with bloatware

Samsung makes good phones too bad they bloat android too much

Android needs to be replaced with something less bloated. I hope Tizen succeededs.

Its their way of adding features, super cheap value added stuff to put more bullet points on marketing stuff. Shame that most of it is impossible to remove yourself without editing the ROM. Though I read Samsung is selling certain bloat free variants of their latest devices. Disgusting that thats even a thing.

Anything other than Android an IOS would be nice. I can't think anyone would really want those locked down shit sandwiches.

Never used Samsung, what kind of bloatware do they include?

android isn't bloated senpai. Shit works smooth as fuck on my $25 moto e 2nd gen. I would imagine a flagship-tier phone running stock android would be nearly flawless

on topic: Tizen will never take off because I can assure you 100% Samsung will force their own app store onto it so they can make googlebux

50~ random applications for everything from universal remotes, their own instant messenger, movie reviews, music service, and every other stupid thing you could think of.

It would be way less obnoxious if everything was just put in one program as a Samsung portal. One process you could kill and remove if you wanted. Its like they pay 1000 different code monkeys to shit something out, then they throw it all in the ROM totally disjointed.

Samsung has the money and market presence to make it happen. All they have to do is make Tizen look similar to Android, and run Android software.
They've already been putting it on their abomination smart TVs.

Google would never allow their apps to run on SAmshit phones if that were the case. I can imagine no native YT app, google maps, gmail or Chrome being a HUGE deal breaker for a lot of people. It's the main reason I installed Cyanogenmod on my Kindle. I can't use a phone w/o gapps.

At this stage the current smartphone/tablet/shit consumer electronics platforms are set in stone for a very long time. Google and Apple are just not going to fuck up so badly.

Until phones become "something else" there is just no room for a new platform. Canonical and Microsoft have a chance to make a comeback if they win the convergence race but for some reason all they're doing is sperging out and releasing terrible solutions.

Blackberry handled it semi-well, and Samsung is a much bigger force than Blackberry.

blackberry is dead, They now release Android phones. Their killer app was BBM but that wasn't enough to keep people from going to IOS. Like said, it's going to take a monumental fuckup from either Apple or Google to get a viable 3rd party OS into the main stream

my oneplus 3 runs android perfectly
pretty much as good as iOS at this point, really.

Blackberry's situation as a company has literally nothing to do with your previous point.
Blackberry OS could run Android software. There is no reason to assume that Google would act to stop Tizen from doing the same.

S7, att. Bloated, slow. Google maps works worse on s7 than s5. Noticeable delay before screen swipe, stutter on screen. Supposedly this is fixed in the next update but not out on my network yet.

Maybe because Samshit + Intel would be raking in money from their native app store? Or maybe because the only reason Samshit is relevant in the first place is because of the uniformity and the flexibility of Android? Tizen is a meme meant to keep Google in Samsung's good graces because Sammy is the biggest Android phone manufacturer in the world, switching to Tizen would fuck Google up but customers who are used to Touchjizz/Android will flock to a different manufacturer. And honestly, brand loyalty is only something Apple can pull off. There aren't any android/htc/samsung shills in the real world, only in autist internet hotspots like Sup Forums.

sounds like a problem with Touchwizz and not Android itself because those apps just work fine and smooth on my poverty-tier $10 black friday sale Moto E 2nd gen

Of course it's not Android. Like I said the s5 had no such issues. Google needs to stop spreading it's asshole for phone companies.

>They've already been putting it on their abomination smart TVs.

Biggest shit ever

>Buy expensive SmartTV
>After 1 year
>"Support for Whatsapp will stop next week"
>"Support for Browser will stop next week"
>etc etc
>Apps will be removed from your TV

After 2 years the only thing left working is the fucking YouTube.

you got the shitty us version with crapdragon. next time dont be stupid and get the far superior exynos chip

>Tizen
Is this shit still alive?

even their Exynos gets shit on by Apple's A9 chip

If you're going to spend over $500 on a smartphone it better be an iPhone

Luckily I only spent 350 for it, buy one get one with father in law. Still didn't expect it to be worse than s5. We reached a point where the s3 was lag free with custom ROMs I figured the s7 would be lag less stock. Why is bloat advancing faster than hardware?

More "features" and keeping things in RAM lets them open faster, even if it slows down simple things like opening the app drawer.

are all non-dedicated smart-ecosystems absolutely garbage? My old Comcast Tivo box had apps baked into them but they were literally high-school student developer tier and it took like 4 seconds to navigate from page to page

non android ecosystems need to go back

Ford escape. Garbage navigation menu for blue tooth. Often had to connect the phone every time. Songs skip sometimes.

Honda accord, beautiful compatibility and fairly easy to navigate after the first time pairing. Empty space that would put the Rome 2 developers to shame. Like one by six inch of empty space on the screen bottom left whenever music is playing from any source, they could have put mpg or fucking anything there.

Vizio smart tv. Amazon app doesn't steam music. YouTube app is garbage. These is no web browser. Ended up hooking an old laptop to it with wireless mouse and keyboard. Currently wondering why I have Netflix when I have kodi exodus on the laptop.

Do they just have interns do their interface or some shit.

My mother in law got a brand new ford and had to take it back within a week because the dash system kept crashing

Aye, Ford is like a baby boomer that can't figure out technology. A ssd is like fifty bucks but they can't throw that in their cars.

pretty sure auto manufacturers need special components that can withstand extreme temps and lots of movement/rattling

maybe thats why they're shit?

>systemd

>dat huge system icons

ew

Pajeet pls

>even their Exynos gets shit on by Apple's A9 chip

lol the a9 slightly beats it in single core and gets absolutely raped in multi core, even crapdragon does this