Easily disabled

>viruses
Anitvirus and Common Sense 2016

>shit design
What are themes?

>not free
>he would pay for Windows

>slow
Not in my experiences. I have a shit PC and it runs better than any Linux including Lubuntu.

>gentoo is better
Stop memeing.

>ads for win10 upgrade
easily preventable and removable

So seriously, what's there to hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

dws.wzor.net/
hugequestions.com/Eric/Linux/Linux4.html
github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You cannot disable it's tracking nor the botnet

It's 40 gig operating system is 35gb botnet spyware and 3gb interface and 2gb needed shit

You obviously never installed 10. It gives you options to do so in the install prompt. Also you can grab a program to block any connections to microsoft or it's purchased domains.

But Pajeet, it's been proven that those options do nothing and Microsoft spies on literally everything you do no matter what.

Because I've watched it the rise and fall of the OS from Windows 3.1.
I remember feeling excited for all the new things Windows 95 brought to the table.
I was super hype for 98SE and using the new universal serial bus for a printer and having drivers on a fucking mini CD rom.
I was all over Windows 2000 and the new NTFS file system and the promise of a Windows that didn't need a reboot every 12 hours or so.

But ever since Windows 7 that excitement of getting a new and better version of Windows is gone. In it's place is constant hounding from Microsoft and shilling from assholes like you.

Nothing is as big as Windows used to be, and nothing is going to match the old excitement of a new and better version of WIndows. The new versions of Windows aren't better. They bring nothing new to the table except built in spyware and I'm not excited about that.

Here I go:

>easily disabled
Turns itself on with updates.

>antiviruses
Yeah, good luck using your anti-virus when dealing with a cryptolocker. By the way,
>2016
>antivirus
MY FUCKIN SIDES

>ads for win10
Ads that are illegal. Made my point.

Pretty much this.

Windows XP was the last great Windows OS.

Windows 7 and 10 are arguably better in theory but both have become bogged down by Microsoft bullshittery.

Windows 10 user here.

>inconsistent performance
>ugly ui
>Cortana continually runs in the backgrounda
>slow program starts
>app store is inherently shit
>redundant settings menus
>complications and bugs that arise with software incompability (which is damn near often)
>have yet to find a way to remove standard services like clock, app store, calender, maps, mail, xbox
>groove is completely unusable
>Microsoft Edge (more of a preference thing)

tl;dr it is a OS mostly for faggots who can only into mass consumerism, while I only want to do some simple word processing, calculations, Sup Forums, research.

Spying, bloat, and Windows 10 favoring a pretty coat of ui and social media connectivity over performance. W10 is literally a gilded shit.

Anyways, your thread is fucking retarded, OP.

But user Gentoo is better

you forgot
>settings
>control panel
>registry

i mean come on M$ pick one.

>no package manager
>gui is inferior to KDE and Cinnamon
>settings menus are confusing and change for absolutely no reason from distro to distro
>microsoft dev kits take incredible amounts of storage for some reason
>reinstalling takes a lot longer than Linux
>activating windows as a legitimate user is a huge hassle
>most of the open source tools are a pain to install
>for some reason it takes a couple hours to load my available updates in windows 7

On the other hand, Wine just doesn't work for a lot of things and a lot of hardware doesn't have good drivers for windows.

>Cinnamon
is it actually good? ive been considering lxde cause muh speed but this has c;me up a bunch as well.

>>shit design
>What are themes?
Yes, what are themes? How do you actually skin Windows?

I (regrettably) installed LMDE, which comes with cinnamon, and it is basically like a gnome version of KDE. I'm going to go with KDE in the future since gnome has some problems and the settings menus in gnome are all shit.

Don't go with LXDE unless you can't run anything else. LXDE is a mess with a lack of features and easy to find documentation. I tried out LXQt; it looked ok, but it still had a lot of the bizarre problems of LXDE.

free as in freedom not price
It doesn't respect my freedom like GNU does. Plus go to a desktop thread and you will see much better designs than Windows half baked themes

There are 2 reasons.

1. People think they can avoid botnet
2. They like something else better.

Only number 2 is a good reason, everything else is just retarded and pointless.

It's pretty easy to avoid Microsoft tracking you, at least. Google's quite a bit harder since all the alternatives to Google search are shit.

Because ever since Windows Vista, it's slowly become the most wasteful, unstable, insecure piece of shit I've laid eyes on. Sure, OS X has a shit filesystem and Linux has very limited software support. But they're far more enjoyable to use and far more reliable. My hackintosh has yet to give me shit, but Winblows can barely make it two hours without a BSOD on the same hardware.

>ever since Windows Vista, it's slowly become the most wasteful, unstable, insecure piece of shit I've laid eyes on
After XP they started forcing driver creators to sign their drivers with Microsoft, which required testing to ensure that random drivers wouldn't harm system stability. Back when Windows was my everyday OS, I'd get maybe 5 BSODs in a year.

>Linux has very limited software support
There's very little I've run into where there's insufficient software support. Other than video games, some professional tools and obscure hardware drivers, Linux is fine for that.

I block them with my DNS server for my house. I myself run no winshit OS

how about you explain to me why you would ever use windows if you're not a Parjeet or a gaymer

this is not a YLYL thread

lost

I can tell you that I just learned why I hate Windows 10

>No guest account

For fuck sake.

It's huge

Here

It's a pain

It's perfectly fine to be honest, there are some aspects of 10 I really like. And perfect driver support is a big plus.

However, when you've seen that there are actually other distros and software that you can personalize to the extent that is not within the wildest imaginations of a person only used Windows you get a bit salty. At least that's what happened to me.

Also, speaking as an engineer, you wouldn't want to run design automation software on Windows since you can't control anything. Performance critical applications (circuit simulators) can be better optimized in Linux because you just know what is going on behind the scenes. Someone is going to say AutoCAD but their reasons are most likely graphics related, and that is probably true for any graphic intensive ones.

too much malware
ugly interface
buggy slow interaction
made by indians who don't onow why "something happened"
powershell sucks
touch screeen tablet shit everywhere
two crappy browsers
terrible ancient architecture
ntfs
windows store
telemetry
spyware you can't turn off

It's a shitty development environment.

I seriously would never have believed XP SP2 and Office 2013 would be the GOAT combination

WINE works better for compatibility than Windows 7/8.1/10 does

There is nothing wrong with Windows. The only reason I stopped using it was because I was tired of the UI and because CMD is a conspiracy to make people think CLI isn't as useful as it really is.

>What are themes

Things that you fuck with once or twice before getting sick of all the little (or big) things they fuck up. Unless you mean ones that just change the colours in which case that's not enough.

By the fact that you have to do all this shit to get it working.

It's like saying:
>TELL ME WHY YOU HATE THE TRABANT?
>ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS REPLACE THE MOTOR AND THE ELECTRICS AND THE SEATS DESU

When I install Debian, I have a text file listing all the packages I need.
I install it, run 'apt install [packages]', copy in my home folder and my system is literally configured how I like.

Vista is great man

The OS is literally 10gb

If you don't have any problems using Windows, then congratulations, you are the kind of person it was designed for. Desktop linux users will always be a minority and that's because there is a (large) minority group of users who have different needs and expectations, and for that reason, a lot of people simply use both. I can't believe any of this has to be explained.

dws.wzor.net/

It's easy as fuck to disable. Even for a retard who is stuck in the ways of Linux for simpletons.

Yes I am certain that this random program from the internet will have no adverse effects on my computer.

I don't. I use it for gayming and AV editing. However, Linux is a much better environment for me to do programming in.

>users who have different needs and expectations

Yeah, they like to differentiate themselves by using an inferior OS to feel special. Honestly, I think the vast majority of Linux users are probably suffering some form of mental illness.

1/10 because somebody is bound to give it a serious reply.

That's the difference between Windows and Linux that fanboys don't understand.

Linux: Install it and spend the first hour adding things you want.

Windows: Install it and spend the first hour removing things you don't want.

The current OS landscape (including phones) has some people so brainwashed that they think an operating system coming with a bunch of unwanted stuff that you either can or can't get rid of is just a part of life. It doesn't have to be this way Winfriends.

It's long been established that Linux attracts the mentally ill: hugequestions.com/Eric/Linux/Linux4.html

And when you really think about it, it's not really that great of a revelation. It's actually pretty obvious.

I remember in 2006 when Youtube was becoming quite popular, Linux users everywhere would complain about Adobe and poor Flash support, and how they couldn't watch Youtube content without stutter at 240p windowed. Yet they continued to use it.

Web browsers were notorious for freezing up and stuttering on pages with "lot's of media content" (But had no trouble on Windows or Mac). Yet Linux users continued to subject themselves to a system that didn't work for even some of the utmost basics.

Even things as simple as audio output or waking a laptop from sleep didn't have proper functionality.

It's no wonder that now, nearly 10 years later, despite some improvements to the system; the vast majority of Linux users and advocates are formed by and large of the mentally ill and financially disadvantaged.

Hey, at least it's "free" right? What a joke.

>I remember in 2006 when Youtube was becoming quite popular, Linux users everywhere would complain about Adobe and poor Flash support, and how they couldn't watch Youtube content without stutter at 240p windowed. Yet they continued to use it.
I don't know if that was the case as much as you think.
I remember VLC adding support for Youtube and never having to install flash at all.

The kinds of people that complained about 'bad adobe support' then are the same kind of vocal faggot that complains about 'muh 10fps lower on team fortress 2'.
The majority of people who actually use gnulinux don't have trouble, and can fix basic problems with ease.

This. Like so what if you use Linux or Apple or Windows. If a system works for you, stick to it. Why flame each other and force others to exit their comfort system to make others feel better about their decision.

I don't.
I just don't see a need to deviate from what I already use.

>What are themes?
Gaymer shit

Because it's fun to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of various OSs and I usually end up learning something I didn't know.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see anyone tracing IPs, going to people's houses, and putting a gun to their head so they'll install something different. You don't have to be a part of this conversation if you don't want to. Just take your own advice and continue using your OS of choice and stop worrying what people on Sup Forums think.

>install linux
>try to uninstall [x]
>it removes the desktop because the desktop is dependent on [x]
intelligent design

Generally you're going to want to want to know what something is before you uninstall it.

linux is a meme
osx is a meme
if you know what you're doing with windows there's literally nothing you can't do

Pretty much this. I think Linux users are born more out of incompetence than technical know how.

They constantly complain about viruses as if it was something they used to get every day before they switched. Linux users are genuine idiots.

Rather than hate them, simply pity them.

I work with a proprietary debian-based distro and its DE literally depends on everything - when I try to uninstall some useless bullshit that's fucking things up, it queues uninstallation of entire DE.

That's not a problem of Linux or Debian, of course, but still.

95% of people who said that use google or apple, kek

>winbabby
>not incompetent
you don't know shit pajeet

>Turns itself on with updates

I've turned updates off.

I dont hate it, I just like like control over my personal computer, windows takes that control away and gives it to microsoft. No thanks.

/thread

Every version becomes more and more painful to customize

Every version has the same awful font rendering and scaling issues

Its tracking -cannot- be disabled

A pain in the ass to work with for non-tech savvy people due to things like "now we're going to hide this option in that sidebar" "now we're going to hide the control panel and put another settings manager"

It does show inconsistence and it's pretty unprofessional, it really feels like an operating system in the works rather than the finished experience.

That said, I still keep it because... video games

"not free" doesn't have to do with price

>You cannot disable it's tracking nor the botnet
github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10

>It's 40 gig operating system
Pic related

user, that's just a good way to disable shit you don't want, but it still won't save you from data tracking. Just because there are switches on the wall, doesn't mean they will all turn off the lights.

Deprecated... But oldfags don't want to evolve...

What is not deprecated?

>Deprecated
How?

One and two are false. You can't just disable the botnet. Its ugly roots have grown too deep to remove it. Also a lot of perfectly good anti virus programs interfere with wangblows defender. It's like a botnet in your botnet's botnet.

Rainmeter is a piece of shit. Windows blinds is expensive for something I'll open once a year. Also nobody with an IQ over 90 pays for Windows anymore. Just download the ISO and Google "free windows (your version here) product keys" and you'll find one that works in 5 minutes.

Gentoo is shit. You falling for a neckbeard meme is your problem. Windows is slow as fuck after a month of using it. It gets all clogged with shit super fast. If you want decent performance with Windows you'll need to reinstall it every 3-5 months. Linux does not have this problem.

>ads for win10 upgrade
>easily preventable and removable
Why should I have to deal with that? Whenever I have a system update on Linux I get one notification. No fucking around with settings or deleting file. It's one notification the doesn't come back after I dismiss it. ONE FUCKING NOTIFICATION. Not 500 and a forced upgrade leading to "oh nerr sumtin habben".

Go back to Sup Forums and take you memes with you.

Forgot pic

Yo dawg, I heard you like botnets so I put a botnet in your botnet's botnet.

>proprietary
>debian based
Isn't debian mostly GPL?

32-bit or 64-bit OS? How did you get it that small, mine takes easily 20GB on 64-bit system.

Because g is a technology hipster board where autist doesnt like anything widely used or pupolar and try to be special snowflakes

Thats all

I agree with your point that Windows 10 brings nothing new to the table.
It used to be that a new version of Windows meant a lot of great innovations or improvements, but at some point that just kind of stopped. It's like with the development of smartphones. I don't see how an xperia z4 is any better than a xperia Z1. Or how android 5 is so much better than android 4.

It doesn't really matter if I use Windows 7, 8, or 10. But it seems to piss the shills off when you tell them there's no reason to upgrade to Windows 10. That alone is reason for me not to upgrade :^)
Although I will say that tech illiterates might be better off on Windows 10 because it has better protection against viruses. Like it doesn't allow you to install programs from random shady websites by default.

Fresh install windows XP.
Fresh install windows 10.

Take my hands off the keyboard in windows XP cpu usage drops to 0%.
Not the case in Windows 10.

I could name 20 things that I expected from Windows 10 none of which were addressed.
Thanks to freeware these things can be fixed in Windows XP.
So why do I need Windows 10?

>propietary debian-based os

Isn't that Ubuntu then?
Why the secrecy?

Anyways, totally agree. ubuntu sucks - I remember I tried it out not too long ago and I decided to totally remove all traces of amazon and unity lens shopping web apps - it fucking uninstalled unity.

I was mad.
>inb4 you shouldn't just uninstall things!!!

If I wanted to have to jump hoops just to get the OS in a semi-usable state I would install windows.
This is why Fedora, Antergos, Manjaro and similar distros are great. Sup Forums will hate them because it takes away the "learning and skill". That isn't the case, most people just want their shit to work. No one here is any better for spending hours installing proprietary codecs, drivers, and software to get your system compatible with the rest of the world.

No package manager
Not free

doing it with 3rd party software doesn't count.

if the os doesn't have an off switch for the tracking or botnet - it means it cannot be disabled.

3rd party stuff is just considered a hack, and it may be broken with whatever system update at any point.

kys

>Google's quite a bit harder since all the alternatives to Google search are shit.
Isn't there a site which searches google for you and gives the results back, essentially preventing google from tracking you by mixing them up with everyone else's searches?

NT is trash
Shell sucks
Can't run FCPX and Sketch
No good package managers
Also looks like shit and all themes don't help

Scroogle? They're gone I think.

Startpage is the one I was thinking of.

win updates are 10-100x slower than linux

win needs to defrag 10-100x more frequently than linux

you spend more time turning off stuff like auto updates than installing what you need in linux and you will forget something in win that will fuck you up

cli in win its only usable for ipconfig while in linux is more efficient than gui for a lot of stuff (and not because the gui is inferior to win in any way)

win has a lot of stupid and annoying bugs that MS doesn't bother to fix nor lets you do it

linux has better compatibility with olther win software than win itself. kek

and many other stuff that you will notice when you try both os's

Sup Forums is full of poorfags who can't buy an OS licence.

i have 3 win7 license's and 1 vista.
None of my machines has win installed

How do I disable the it's utter garbage part?

>Easily disabled
Microsoft can easily get around that, even WHEN you have DoNotSpy10 or something like that.
>What are themes?
something in windows XP you could actually customize your computer with (i.e. changing icons and changing the appearance of the task bar), but now it's "we changed the task bar color and added a background hurr"
>Not in my experiences. I have a shit PC and it runs better than any Linux including Lubuntu.
In my experiences, it's slow as fuck.
>easily preventable and removable
K E K
E
K

You can theme any windows you fucking faggot

You know nothing about win 10 still trying to act so smsrt, fucking retard

Hi-DPI support
Although GNU/Linux has bad scaling as well, I can at least remedy it. When trying to fix the blurring that happens with 1/4 of the software I use on Windows, I'm either told to disable scaling completely, or google it, which leads me back to the former.

You sure got me there with all these BLAND AS FUCK THEMES
themepack.me/

I can't use i3wm with Windows, no Windows for me.

>lubuntu runs worse than Windows
The rest of your points are valid but this is a complete lie

>it runs better than any Linux including Lubuntu
How about RAM usage? I can open up like 9 tabs in chrome and still use less RAM than Windows 10 with just the task manager open.
Oh, and GNU/Linux seems to have better support for hardware compared to Windows 10.

Just proving my point that you have 0 idea about it

Look up neiios win 10 themes on deviantart you autistic fag

In this day and age when we have plenty of ram that doesnt matter much

Ofc on old snd weak machines i would use ubuntu, or mint but on a modern pc i would only use windows because it is much better and much comfier

>>he would pay for Windows

I will never understand Wincucks

>Windows is the best!
>Paying for a quality product? Never!

So basically you're contradicting yourself, if it was good, it would be worth the license cost.

>In this day and age when we have plenty of ram that doesnt matter much
It still shouldn't be acceptable that your operating system wastes over 800 MiBs of RAM just sitting on the desktop.

>Actually believing the Botnet meme made by some Gentoo fa/g/s.

I switched during the days of windows XP, and my reasons were purely technical back then.

Then it was:
more secure
more features
easier to use

But as windows became more secure and added more features, I found myself switching back and forth.

What made me switch permanently, was the license.
Free software is not about cost.
It is about the fundamental problems they don't want to fix.
You can't install windows on one machine, move the harddisk to another machine and have the system work.
This is not because it is technically impossible, it just goes against the license.
In the XP days, you could get a 100mb iso which was fully functional.
It was probably filled with all sorts of malware, and the reason why?
Microsoft would never work with such people.
Microsoft would never make such a product themselves.

And if the ads for win10 upgrade is "easily preventable and removable" then all problems we had on linux is also easily worked around or fixable.
You can't have it both ways.
Running an application in a terminal is much less of a mystery than finding the right "critical update" you should blacklist and remove.

>You can't install windows on one machine, move the harddisk to another machine and have the system work.

While I usually do not defend Windows I have to disagree with you, you can, sure you need to take an extra step to install that one bitchy driver to make it work but other that it works just fine. Yes, the license will get invalidated but if you have a valid key you can just activate it again AFAIK (although I think that depends on the license type?)

I'm thinking about switching to loonix permanently because i want to stop pirating things completely.