Why don't you have a Macbook?

Why don't you have a Macbook?

Mom won't buy me one

But I just bought one.

Pretty comfy desu.

Not sure about the whole Apple Ecosystem though. Seems rather messy.

I'm too poor. It's sad because they do seem to be the best notebooks for video production.

I live in Turkey, OP.

Because desktop+ipad is where it's at. Enjoy your laptop i7 which is weaker than a desktop i3

im getting one in September, for my last year in college

I do and it's the last one I'll buy because it's a pile of fucking shit.

Don't like the touchpad, don't like the ui, don't like the horrible value of the lower end macbooks.

Not even poor, but my t100ta is perfectly adequate for my uses with the same battery life as a macbook.

>Enjoy your laptop i7 which is weaker than a desktop i3
On the throttling Macbook maybe but the Quad i7s on other laptops perform neck to neck with desktop 1151 versions. The overclockable HK laptop chips perform really closely to desktop K versions as well, thanks to no shitty TIM and cap.

Not really.
Laptop i7 might get close to desktop i3 if it's quad core, but not the dual core or ulv pieces of shit.

Because I don't think Macbooks are meant for private consumers. Like Thinkpads, I think they're something meant for a business to buy--either a corporation getting them for employees or for a small business owner/sole proprietor to buy and then write as a work expense.

Of course that doesn't stop the manufacturers of aforementioned products from marketing to people who are dying to pay the premium costs. Capitalism isn't about leaving money on the table. But I draw my own line between "what I'm meant to buy for myself" and "what was meant for corporate budgets to buy."

>Enjoy your laptop i7 which is weaker than a desktop i3

because almost every model has something wrong with it and the only solution would be to buy the $3000 MBP

Curious. You have a link supporting that? I bet battery life suffers a lot if laptops try to keep up.

>implying intelligently throttling up and down is the incorrect way to implement hardware in a device where energy is finite

I don't think I even want to buy one,OP.

They're very expensive where I live and the whole system doesn't interest me.

I don't know how to explain this but they just seem......too bland....for some reason...

I'd rather get a decent notebook and make it a Win10/Linux dual-boot so I could have lots of games without wine and have linux for my other stuff.

My 15" retina macbook pro gets 10 hours of battery. Oh yeah, and it's light, and bitchin fast with up to 4 heavyduty development VM's running

I don't want a housefire

See Pic.
I know it's >Geekbench but it's Apples to Apples here not x86 to ARM like those smartphone fags.

If you max out the CPU at 50W, it will last for about 2 hours on a large bulky laptop.
It's the GPU on gaming laptops and workstations that uses the most power and they don't operate at full speed on battery.

Because I already have a hackintosh with dual quad core Xeons for daily use and heavy lifting. Everything I need my laptop for Linux can handle just fine.

it sure as shit wont get 10 hours with vms running, even if you are poor and bought one with just an integrated gpu

I actually use my computer for work.

He probably does nothing on those VMs. There's hardly any overhead on VMs these days.
But Heavy duty, you're not getting more than 2 hours on a Macbook Pro.

>Don't like the touchpad
>My t100ta

Ignore this post.

Because I have a Mac Pro.
But I'm selling it.

The base model of the 15" MacBook Pro is barely faster than a desktop i3, thanks to it still being on Haswell.

Homosexuality is a sin and I'm not too keen in burning in hell for all eternity.

>2016
>still believing in a magic skydaddy

When it has a spill proof keyboard like my t420 and a removable battery that won't void my warranty

Because if I had that much money I could get a laptop twice as powerful or build my own PC four times as powerful

T100ta touchpad is smaller, but it feels smoother and I like it more than the macbook air touchpad.

I'm actually heavily considering it. I've gotten to the point where I'd like to move to a fully laptop workload and just make my current desktop a headless Linux server, and a Macbook Pro is a prime candidate. I've been pricing out other solutions just waiting for the refresh to get announced to see if I want to wait or buy one of the current ones.

I'd like to do it with a Linux laptop if possible, but the options for high quality laptops with good Linux support and a decent enough video card (pretty basic needs, Counter Strike and Dota) just all have huge pitfalls like giant power bricks or having a numbad even on a 15 inch laptop. Just haven't found the perfect one yet.

There's also the option of building a cheap-ish desktop and getting a lower powered laptop (either 12 inch Macbook or similar with Linux), which I may be pushed into, especially with Linux's terrible support for graphics switching between on-board and dedicated.

Decisions, decisions...

Because I don't need a laptop.

Because it's shit value/money.

I do, but I have this bad boy.

Stupid time to get one now. They're hopelessly outdated, with the 13" stuck on Broadwell and 15" stuck on Haswell. Battery life would be so much better if it they were on Skylake.
Also don't kid yourself, you're not getting anywhere near Apple's battery life claims thanks to OSX being a bloated piece of shit since Yosemite.
>b-but muh battery life indicator!

Because it doesn't have a dock. I wanted one for years and would have one already had I not gotten a Latitude and a dock for it first.

Alt-right.jpg

Which model and how much?

Like I said I'd be waiting for the refresh announcement and then deciding if I want to wait. I also didn't say anything about battery life.

Up until very recently Apple was selling the Thunderbolt Display which came with a bunch of ports, which I believe was their way of offering a first-party "dock," although I think it's a shitty way of doing so. Alternately, you could buy something like this, but I don't know your budget.

I do

That's not a real dock, it's just a thunderbolt pile of crap.

Wowee. I expected better from Apple. This is rather mediocre.

>Up until very recently Apple was selling the Thunderbolt Display which came with a bunch of ports
I know, but it comes built into a monitor I don't need, costs a grand, and isn't the kind where you just place the laptop on it
>something like this
Can I just plop the laptop on it and call it good?

You plug it in via Thunderbolt, yes.

what's wrong with it?

That's what happens when Apple uses 3-4 year old LG/Samshit LCDs while Dell and everyone else uses superior displays from Sharp (IGZO) and Panasonic.
If you want color accuracy, you don't look at Apple anymore.

>sub-90% brightness distribution - hell I expected at least 95% from Apple
>0.36 black depth, anything above 0.300 is meh
>gamma is way off from 2.2 target
>only 97% sRGB coverage on a 2015 "high end" laptop - 99.5% should be the minimum.

Having to plug it in is exactly why I won't get one. Do you know how ThinkPad and Latitude docks work? You literally just place the laptop on the dock and it's connected. If I can't do that with a MacBook I'm not buying one.

My rent is too high

>4 VPNs
You must never sleep with trying to maximize the most of the money you spent on that crap comp. Macs are only about software. Hardware is a thing of the past to boast about

Maybe it makes sense 3 years ago when competing Windows laptops were shit but these days with Asus and Dell equivalents being as good and often cheaper it doesn't make sense getting one unless you really need OSX.

Pic related is what I have.

>You literally just place the laptop on the dock and it's connected
No you fucking don't. You have to place it down exactly correctly to the millimeter or else the connection point won't line up properly.

i don't need it.

Better than fumbling around with a tiny cable and then connect the charger, which might be obstructed by the dock.

first post best post

>all these literally autistic gripes

I just plop it on and it works, it's not that difficult. Definitely simpler than plugging it in

Regardless I won't buy one unless it has a dock like this

because the used probook I got for $250 last year does literally all i want my computer to do without an hassle, and i'm a poorfag so i don't have a lot of money to drop on stuff like computers.

Use the WhatsApp desktop client

N E W Y O R K
E
W
Y
O
R
K

Let's be real here, there's absolute no problem with plugging in a cable as opposed to placing it correctly on a dock and you're not interested in a MacBook.

I have one for work

I'm a NEET and I have no use for mobility.

Once you get used to Macbook's touchpad you can't go back.

Once you use it for 2 seconds there's no going back. It's objectively the best.

Why don't you poo in the fucking loo?

>trackshit
>good

Fuck off.

I've got one, almost had it for a year now. 13" Pro w/ Retina, 2015 model. It works very well for what I need it to. I'm a Computer Science Major, who occasionally plays some vidya on my computer. I would be just happy with a Windows 7/Linux dual boot, but the MBP track pad is absolutely fantastic, and I am satisfied with the computer overall.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

god i want this wallpaper

I just discovered the hard click because of your post, thank you, my MacBook experience just got even better.

>memes

The Mac meme has already ended. Apple is just desperately hiring as many pajeets as possible to make it look like there's still interest in Applel products. Sales have fallen across the board and is only getting worse.

I don't need a Macbook.
>lol what are you poor?

Like I said, either way, if it's not the kind of dock I'm talking about then I'm not getting it.

My breath does not smell like cumin, so no reason to buy. Have lenovo yoga with comfy Linux and gaymenpc with wincuck

Please prove your claim and do include in the evaluation the screen, battery life and build quality

XPS 13 - 3200x1800 IGZO - 13h battery life (16h on 1080p model) - Aluminum + Carbon Fiber build
Asus Zenbook - 2560x1440 IPS - 12h battery life - Aluminum build
Samsung Book 9 - 3200x1800 IPS - 9h battery life - Aluminum build
Surface Pro 4 - 2736x1824 IPS - 10h battery life - Magnesium Alloy build

All have better performance because Skylake >>> Broadwell/Haswell on laptops, better display accuracy, not just resolution and build quality seems to be the best on the XPS 13 and SP4.
All the above laptops are a few $100 cheaper than the rMBP13.

The Macbook range is hopelessly outdated at the moment, all competitors have surpassed them at almost everything. OS X is the only reason to go Mac and these days its bloated as hell, getting more locked down and heats up like crazy with their paper thin heatsinks.

#REKT

Because I don't particularly want one, as it does not appeal to my interests.

but I have. Two actually.

>battery life tests done in a TTY with wifi off at minimum brightness

>battery tests done in iTunes watching a hardware accelerated 1080p video
Most Macbooks last 5 hours web browsing in reality.
>b-but muh battery meter estimates!

Because you're a fucking retard if you pay ~$1500 for subpar hardware

you're not buying one either way - way too poor for an Apple product.

I don't like the hardware.
The metal is cold and the laptops scratches against my watch when I sit at the computer.
The keyboard is just as bad as the majority of shitty laptops out there.
The screen gets damaged over time because some moron decided to cut out a hole in the back to show everyone that you bought an apple computer.
Shocker: Light gets through that hole and you can see the logo on the other side.
Especially when you are watching static things like documents or text files.

I wouldn't use them if I got one for free.

>Why don't you have a Macbook?
Too expensive, dislike UI and refuse to feed the troll Apple.

>I wouldn't use them if I got one for free
bullshit - also, you know exactly that you won't get one for free and probably that's the main concern of yours, kid. :)

>relying on an iPad to do shit on outside of home

>The screen gets damaged over time because some moron decided to cut out a hole in the back to show everyone that you bought an apple computer.
Shocker: Light gets through that hole and you can see the logo on the other side.
Especially when you are watching static things like documents or text files.

this is the first time i ever heard of this. 2/bait

Because I enjoy playing Steam games on my shitty HP laptop. Hopefully when I get into uni I'll build a gaming PC and buy a sexy ass Macbook.

Because my original 2007 MacBook died and I have better things now, specifically a ThinkPad X60.

You'd be surprised how close my Pentium 4HT 2.8GHz mobile is in performance to a 3GHz Pentium 4HT desktop.

See above, I'd kill for a touchpad with actual buttons right about now, the only good TouchPoints I've encountered were that of the Thosiba Libretto series and the Portege M100.

My Dell Inspiron 5160 gets similar battery life watching DVDs. Light? Not so much, the damned bastard weighs an absolute ton. Still fast, though.

I work with a lot of different people and some of them use macbooks.
I don't know if they have fixed it on the newer ones, but I have seen it on different models.
It is very visible when you watch the screen off a slight angle.

All workplaces gives laptops to developers.
Some of them, you are allowed to select or request what you want before they buy.
Getting a macbook for free is not an impossible feat that only happens to people with rich parents.

Looks too last decade. Surface is where its at, a lot of people are starting to get these things.

Much faster, better battery life, much better display, better keyboard and trackpad.

Apple will never have another dock, the older PowerBooks were the last to have that, and that was 68k era, when Macs sucked much more.

I've got a Latitude C400 with a dock, but you slide the laptop into the dock instead of setting it down.

Pic related is what it looks like.

Jesus, and I'm sitting here on a ThinkPad X60 with 29 Minutes of battery life.

I need a new laptop...