New /guts/ bread, old one hit tree hunnet

new /guts/ bread, old one hit tree hunnet

Build should be finished in about a week. Picked up two 1080's today. Just wasting my money at this point.

Cold cathode or led strips?

I think LED's are better. Especially with RGB control. I've heard of some really cheap cathodes actually catching on fire lol

Losing hope for a decent 1080ti after that Titan announcement. If their is a 1080ti how much VRAM do you guys think it will have?

I'm guessing probably 8GB still. The new Titan is only 12 I think.

I actually just order and RGB led kit that will sync with the ones on my board. Also grabbing some Corsair ML fans tomorrow.

>1000W PSU
>one graphics card

Sup

>matx board in an atx case
>that amount of sag on the gpu

riced the fuck out.

those ML fans are hilariously expensive. fifty five dingo dollars for a 140mm fan is utter lunacy

>Build is incomplete
>Will be more expansions slots used

Try harder

if you're running two 1080s then 750w is more than enough. hell, you can get away with 650w

1000w is massive overkill

I prefer your old stuff

maybe he wants to run 4-way SL- OH WAIT

Posting same old shitty picture. One day I'll get a better camera.

>about 20% performance increase from two identical cards in sli
>about 30% performance increase from three identical cards in sli
>about 35% performance increase from four identical cards in sli
Yeah, he totally would have wanted that.

le artsy photo

Lazy afternoon today so I kind of jumped the gun and started building.
Still missing the SSD(s), HDDs, and RAM.

The Define Nano S is such a nice case. It's good to see it so well represented.

Hi r8 me
I have cathode (pic) unless you can completely hide it I'd go led strips

Also agree with , I turn them off when I'm not there because I'm afraid of fire

Hi Sup Forums, friend said you guys would like my case.

Were they right?

C U T E

Does it have a Turbo button?

aesthetic

Im shocked it doesnt

>gpu showing further signs on dying

P-please.. no..

The price difference between a 750 and 1000W was also negligible, and I have headroom for 3-way SLI should it ever become relevant again.

3-way SLI was never relevant. I don't know where you are pulling this "again" from.

Well, as in was still supported by NVidia.

Same as before. I can't see any reason to upgrade.

Excuse the shitty 100$ phone camera.

>no green meme case
>no green fans
>no green leds
3.5/10

I will be doing a new build to replace my old Asus Rog laptop.

Looking for advice on case.

It will have an i3 and gtx1060 in it, 1 ssd and one hdd. I'm looking at a mini-itx build.

As yo can tell by the parts I'm picking, im not going to spend a lot on it, so need kinda cheap mini-itx or itx case.

Thought about fractal design nano s, any other good cases in this format and not for god knows how much (I can pick the fd one for around $75 where I live)

How'd I do reviving my guts? I want to upgrade to a modular power supply but this one just werks.

They are like 22 dollars in America for just one fan way to much to be spending on just one.

goddamn evolv atx tg is sold out everywhere. looking at a mid august shipping date :C

I was lucky to get mine before it sold out.

that gpu power cable placement triggers me. Why didn't you put it in the bezel below?

>two 1080
Literally why

Because I can. Hoping for some "future proof" effect maybe. I want to be able to max pretty much any game at my resolution, at 60 FPS for a good couple of years at least.

Can't you max any game with one 1080 or are you using a cockpit of monitors

Probably pretty much anything in 3,440 x 1,440. But again, I want it to last a long time.

>he thinks a 1080 will do 60fps+ for 4K

I'm waiting on a 1080ti for that reason, but I doubt it will be able to do it. Which is why I am considering a titan x too. But lolnohbm2 is a real dealbreaker.

what shitmobile do you drive?

Buying 2 cars that will depreciate with in 6 months lol

I was implying a 1440p cockpit

2015 Scion FR-S

Yeah, so does every other piece of hardware.

pretty much what i would have expected you to drive.

It's actually a pretty good car.

Cry about it.

4K @ 60fps will only be possible when Nvidia finally get support for vulkan and Dx12, I mean, proper support. If a RX 480 gets 30+ fps increase in vulkan wich is more than any overclock in the world would give, imagine what Nvidia would bump up with all this theoretical horsepower.

It will not. Sorry.

got home after work
>yay gtx 1080 arrived
>put it in
>notice my reservoar is halffull
>pump is wet ontop i dont bother cuz engine is under it and the water fell out the holes in the bottom of my Fractal R5
>make temporary fix for the broken 90* nipple
>play games with friends for 3 hours
>say im gonna go find food, randomly smeels like burned
>pump isnt moving

also its lightning outside so with my RNG we all kno what's about to happen. currently using the shitty intel stock cooler

Three years, at close to max settings, I'll be happy.

I am still working on my waterloop, this is a work in progress.

Filled the loop and powered on my pc, ordered new RAM (broke one stick while removing the stock heatsinks from it)

first time doing hard tubing

>about 20% performance increase from two identical cards in sli
Literally no. Don't talk out your ass about stuff you have no knowledge of.

In the games where SLI actually works properly, you can get almost double performance with it. Even games with poor support usually see at least a 40-50% bump.

How do you like that swiftech AIO?

>that filename
>that resolution
How about you post your own system?

>he thinks a 1080 will do 60fps+ for 4K
970's in SLI can do some games 4K 60FPS. ESO and Thief are some of them. So there's no reason why a single 1080 can't play /some/ 4K games at 60FPS and two can probably play most.

Looks pretty swell.

However how does that tube config work, the one with three tubes coming out of the GPU block, unless one is a drain?

Bottom right is Loop input.
Top right goes to CPU
Top left goes to MOSFET exit/loop exit
Before CPU it splits into RAM/CPU input
CPU output goes to Motherboard VRM

RAM output goes to MOSFET exit/loop exit

then to radiators, res and pump

Waterflow is quite good

I've got a spare gtx760 if you want it, though I probably priced it too much at $135.

The offensive ugliness of your loop ruins any potential this build would otherwise have. You have loads of room that is unused to make it neat and tidy.

so you have some parts in parallel? are you sure the resistance in those parts are exactly the same?

>no carseat
It's like you want your babies to die.

that shit is temporary because im waiting for new radiators and pastel white cum to put in the liquid

>he fell for the ROG maymay
>he bought corsair dominator platinums without the ram cooler
>he runs a sata ssd instead of an m.2
>he mounts is reservoir below the radiator
>he buys a motherboard with four pcie slots and uses chunky connectors so he cant even run SLI

wew top build.

tfw already midrange

tagged wrong, also i really don't see how its "offensively ugly" other than you most likely being jealous

>calls build mid range
>GPU costs more than my entire computer.

Must be used to crossfire

I haven't yet used it in earnest, but I did hook it up to run it and it didn't seem to have any outstanding issues...

Fuck I gotta get one.

>he fell for the ROG maymay
Yup, and I love it.

>he bought corsair dominator platinums without the ram cooler
I'm not completely retarded.

>he runs a sata ssd instead of an m.2
I am getting one, the 960 Pro when it releases.

>he mounts is reservoir below the radiator
This literally means nothing.

>he buys a motherboard with four pcie slots and uses chunky connectors so he cant even run SLI
Also retarded, and don't know what you're talking about.

wew top post.

Kek

First time posting, decided to take pics when upgrading some components.

how do you like the liqmax?

Looks really nice. 10/10 because it's the first Gainward 1080 I've seen without any sag.

It doesn't look like you have any intake fans though?

>no waterblocks on RAM
are you even trying?

sup lads

long time no see, whatsup guts

doesn't that card have RGB leds? I would go all red the Christmas theme isn't very good

The rad up top is in push intake config. It's not ideal but I can't mount it in any other way at the moment. I need to get some more screws or cut some metal out of the case to make it fit. Been lazy and haven't done either.

I have a 140mm Noctual fan as an outtake in the front which you can't see. Thinking of replacing that and the 120mm Noctua with something prettier. Possibly the new Corsair Maglev things and then a 200mm at the front.

Sag was fixed with mere cable routing. The GPU power connectors pull it a bit. The sag was fairly low on it given the size even when it was freshly installed.

yes, but software is very buggy and whenever i restart I end up w/different color. haven't fucked with it much...just got a few days ago and been playing with oc. i'll worry about the leds when they release better software which is supposedly soon.

ah that sucks, I'm thinking about going for the RoG Strix myself.

It's a good card. I pretty much traded a 980ti straight up for it by selling on ebay. Performance is just a little better at stock clocks, but card itself is much cooler and a lot quieter. With OC headroom it made the choice a no brainer.

Looks like there are RAM slots on both sides, but only one side is filled. Which is bad, since that means he's probably only running in single channel mode.
zexy
What fans are those on top? They're pretty decent looking.

they're the stock 140mm corsair fans. they're not really great but they're not completely shit either I guess.

Triple channel ATM, I broke one RAM stick while trying to pry off the heatsink. Ordered new ones, iwll finish build when arrives

CPU, GPU and RAM are in parallel.
Ram gets more waterflow, but there still is plenty of waterflow for the rest of the system. CPU maxes at ~50C, GPU at 45

Any suggestions other than the crooked ssd and shifty camera phone?

>I broke one RAM stick while trying to pry off the heatsink
invest in a heat gun, a nice 750F one. They're stupid cheap and increasingly useful for DIY stuffs.

Blast the ram with it and the cover should come off with relative ease. Can even use a little dab of goo-gone on each chip surface to make it pristine.

It's hard to see, but it looks decent enough.

Top recommendation would be to properly mount that SSD.

waiting for 1080.jpg

Is there any reason too though? I thought it didn't matter if a ssd was mounted properly considering there's no moving parts like a mechanical drive.

You asked for a recommendation.

Why ask if you're going to contest it?

Yes: The reason why is because those white bays offer 2.5 mounting without needing an extra adapter. It'll take you 5 minutes top to make it look better and less "thrown together".

whats the point of guts threads when you havent even connected shit ?
Of course shit looks neat and tidy when you missing all your sata/power connectors.
On top of the tubing for your cpu.