NVidia Volta - May 2017

techpowerup.com/224413/nvidia-accelerates-volta-to-may-2017

nvidia got scared of Vega and Polaris potential, rushes everything out up to Titan X. nVidia to finally address DX12/Vulkan async deficiency and then use HBM2 as targeted in their roadmap.
Early adaptors of Pascal eternally BTFO, gimpworks will be closer than expected.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/8727/nvidia-ibm-supercomputers
wccftech.com/amd-takes-gpu-share-nvidia-q1-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AMD BTFO

Intel must be really scared of amd then huh it's about 4 generations ahead.

kys

Kek

>scared
just like they got scared of 480

Nvidia mesters leave

kys nvidiots

Reminder that Volta was supposed to be on 10nm.
Moving it to 2017 means it's still on 16nm and only a minor improvement over Pascal.

Nvidia didn't rush anything, AMD is not relevant at all in GPUs and doesn't even support Feature Level 12_1

Volta is to fulfill the contract to the US govt

anandtech.com/show/8727/nvidia-ibm-supercomputers

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just ordered GTX1060

>nvidia
>scared

TOP KEK

>intel gives them money under the table just to avoid antitrust laws
amd hasn't been relevant since 2006. They had the edge only because intel decided to develop netburst.

Why are you complaining, then?

Just sell it in a year for 60-80% of what you got it for and get this thing.

true, at least im not a >just waitfag

so Volta is only for HPC market while Pascal will have HPC and consumer market? A chance od Titan and maybe 1080Ti HBM2 Volta anyway?

>nVidia to finally address DX12/Vulkan async deficiency
>actually believing they won't keep pushing their preemption meme

I was wandering - how they will handle thermal dissipation with all those 3D chips? They staining with it with regular flat chips now, how they will deal with even harder task?

Top lel

Those chips run at significantly lower frequencies.

>18%
man they should be scared at this rate
wccftech.com/amd-takes-gpu-share-nvidia-q1-2016/

>get a Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
>become kinda sad when the 1080 comes out 8 months later
>it's beaten by the Titan X weeks later
>Volta now coming in May possibly

Whew, looks like this bad boy will get me through the next generation no problem at this rate

by not making AMD tier thermonuclear warheads

>pajeettech
why do you even pretend this shit is credible when you will poo poo it when it's positive news about nvidia?

> Those chips run at significantly lower frequencies.
How that will not harm a performance? Sorry I'm just that illiterate. Maybe you can direct me to some useful resource about those?

Still not worthy of upgrading from 980ti. Oh bother.

because it's not a 'leak' or 'rumor' you retarded child go back to Sup Forums

>vega and polaris are under performing
>nvidia is just accelerating more nails in AMDs coffin
I'm still buying a 1060 because it is completely sufficient and waiting is for fags.

Clock speed does not directly relate to performance, in case you haven't noticed.

Especially when it comes to different architectures.

>raping goyvidia in dx12/vulkan
>buying outdated tech

cuck

what the fuck I just bought 1070

your card is gonna be what the 970 is now by next year.

good, just unexpected. I haven't sold my 970 yet lol

>preemption
Someone explain this shit to me please

vulkan,dx12,async..... how come nVidia still has faster cards then??

EXPLAIN !!!!

>Fudzilla source
lol

AMD suck hard at making drivers. They have excelent hardware but the coders are literally monkeys

>raping nvidia in a benchmark and a single game that will receive nvidia optimizations within a month
>still drawing too much power from the pci-e socket
>playing any games made within the last year anyway

AMD simply has terrible DX11 and OpenGL perfomance, that's why they see huge gains when moving to DX12 and Vulkan thanks to close to metal development and async compute

Driver overhead.

Game devs will not use heavy async compute that makes Nvidia cards (80% market share remember) slower. They will follow the recommended DX12 implementation as outlined and used by 3DMark in Time Lie. Mark my words. Apart from a few outliers using Vulkan, performance in DX12 titles will remain roughly the same for AMD and Nvidia. Game devs want to sell games and penalizing the 80% of Nvidia owners would be stupid.

>i still think async compute is a magical feature that will boost game performance by 50% but only for AMD cards because they have the best implementation!