Password Manager

What Password management setup should I be using?
Requirements:
- Self-hosted
- Easily accessible from any Internet connected device
Preferably with 2fa.

Other urls found in this thread:

passwordstore.org
keepass.info/download.html
sourceforge.net/projects/kp-googlesync/files/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keefox/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=keepass2android.keepass2android&hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your brain.

/thread

passwordstore.org
Sync with git.

Keepass2 hosted on local server/synced with computer, there are a few apps that support it on mobile platforms.
For 2FA you can require a key file, I think Keepass2Android also supports Yubikey via NFC for OTPs.

Enpass is the only answer in 2016.

>Preferably with 2fa.

Enjoy your placebo, user.

My main email and a couple of banking accounts are configured with 2-step verification, and NEVER added into a password manager.

Though, I do use a password manager for all my shit accounts, like Reddit and what not.

I used to use LastPass, which was actually very good, though, at the time, it had ZERO mobile phone abilities, not sure about now.

That made me switch to KeePass, since there's an app for Android called "Keepass2Android Password Safe" which provides flawless integration with your mobile device.

So, I use the following....

ON DESKTOP
>Keepass2 Pro Edition (pc program)
keepass.info/download.html
>Google Sync Plugin-2x (syncs my saved database stored on google drive)
sourceforge.net/projects/kp-googlesync/files/
>KeeFox (firefox addon)
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keefox/

ON ANDROID
>Keepass2Android Password Safe
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=keepass2android.keepass2android&hl=en

I use 7zip to encrypt a pain excel spreadsheet with 256 aes . Works for me

You have to go back.

LastPass has really good mobile support now, I use it.

Is LastPass free on Android? I thought it was $12 per year, though I could be wrong.

I don't mid spending money on a good service, though I just don't like the idea I could be locked out of sensitive information if I don't pony up the cash.

Whacha gonna do when your pc is hacked with a screencapture app and fires off screengrabs of your daily doings on le pc.

>- Self-hosted
>- Easily accessible from any Internet connected device

I mean, you can set up KeePass to be internet accessible, but for the most part, the two things you're asking for are kind of anathema to each other.

I'm not aware of any other manager that is better at self hosting than KeePass though.

which is why you never store passwords on pc, always write them done on a sheet of paper, and lock it in a safe, thats locked in a safe.

not that guy but:
free right now is an either/or scenario - desktop or mobile.

$12 annual for premium access to everything, but i believe you never get locked out. besides, if you want to get out just export the database before you sub expires. $1/mo is worth it for me.

also, i'm not sure if that referral scam thing still works but it used to get you 2 years for free.

>for the most part, the two things you're asking for are kind of anathema to each other.
What? Do you think it's difficult to host a machine on the Internet?

I looked at LastPass' website.

It's free if you use it on ONE device. If you want multi-sync (desktop and phone), then you have to pay $12 a year.

I'd rather just donate $10 to the KeePass app dev and KeePass desktop devs, and never have to worry about paying a monthly bill.

just use my brain for a secure password for email and bank and a shit password for everything else

Came to post that