Speakers

Just looking for some relatively cheap speakers for my desktop to for some good ole music listening. Not sure what my exact budget may be because I have no idea what the balance of quality v money is like in the speaker market.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/pc-speaker-2.1-channel-subwoofer,2835.html
amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Powered-Computer-Speakers-A100/dp/B00GHY5F3K
cyberacoustics.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, Is pic in my OP a good choice?

ok
good luck

lol dude that was clever lol XD

>bose
No

also Sup Forums is not your blog

I'm aware. it says right in the sticky that I'm misusing it. Luckily I could care less.

idk how good they are but im getting these

Get something with a dedicated subwoofer or you will just have no low end at all.

im here just to shitpost =D

When you are looking for used speakers a nice rule of thumb is too look at the connectors.
Hardwired speaker cable: cheap stuff
Spring clips: still v low tier
Banana connectors: better, probably sold separate, not part of a system
Bi-wiring (4 bananas): getting fancy

the fucks a banana connector

Doesn't apply to a lot of vintage speakers
A lot of great speakers back then had absolutely garbage connectors for some reason

This

some cheap altec lansing's with subs around.

Quick question. If you had a receiver that had RCA input. Could you use these? And would their be any benefit to it other than custom wire length? Can you even get spools of shielded wire?

I have pic related

Also, here's a comparison of some pretty good desktop speakers:

tomshardware.com/reviews/pc-speaker-2.1-channel-subwoofer,2835.html

i have that exact pair and they are great in the 100 dollarinos or less price bracket.

ill be the only one in here not shilling or shitposting btw

what is your biggest complaint about em?

only really that the connecting cord between the 2 speakers arent too long. maybe a tiny bit more bass punch would be nice like the c20's but those arent worth the extra 150 and the bass still is solid

Amazon speakers are cheap and alright quality, plus they look nice.

amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Powered-Computer-Speakers-A100/dp/B00GHY5F3K

Best sounding 2.0 speakers I ever owned were the incredibly rare Logitech Z-10 and they were awesome for their time, my preferred set is the equally rare Klipsch Promedia 2.0 set, both pictured.

These have the best price to performance, have great bass (should EQ it out a bit) and overall sound, get loud, and have 2 audio inputs.
Ignore the creative/logitech meme. Absolute trash.

>these

what are these?

You can't go wrong with some Cyber Acoustics. I've had plenty of their speakers for almost 10 years now and their customer service is great. Good bang for your buck.

cyberacoustics.com/

What's this

Proprietary bullshit cheapass PC speakers.

Got them on sale for 250 instead of 400 though

Very nice build quality too

This is because Bose is overpriced garbage.

I agree. The highs tend to be to high for my taste.