Debotnetting Windows 10

Just figured out how to turn off Secure Boot a year after I dualbooted Mint with Windows 10, meaning I can now access Windows again.

Holy fuck its clunky and slow compared to Linux.

I'd like to keep it and learn more about it, but I'd also prefer to reduce the botnet as much as humanly possible.

Any good debotnetting guides for Windows 10 around?

Don't use windows 10

/thread

Upgrade to Windows 7
This

its easier to just embrace the botnet. you're only here for 70 odd years. dont waste your time thinking about such things.

Cancer advice

Destroy Windows Spying Final from Github.com. #YearOfTheFireMonkey #VapeNaysh That's literally it.

Microsoft has people whose only job is to make the botnet impossible to disable. Those people are information security experts with decades of experience. They are 20 steps ahead Sup Forums neckbeards. The only option is not to use Windows 10.

Run it in a vm.
Use spybot antibeacon.
Use app-level firewall on a host to manually control internet access.

Why would anyone want an OS with a built in keylogger and a always on program that listens to you from the microphone?

Jesus downgrade to 8.1 it even looks better.

this

why

read the terms of use for your win 10, by the time your done you will be balls deep in a Gentoo installation, and will never look at another windows installation the same way again.

Pajeet pls

microshit uses the poos for cheap indian code, as in they produce shit in vast numbers within short timeframes to please bureaucracy and then have competent people whos lives are broken and full of melancholy duct tape it up.

i am sure for more important shit they have white wizards working on art and then hand it to perjhet to dump it in

You're probably right, it's just fun to perpetuate memes.

>download software that claims to debotnetify M$
>click a few buttons
>debotnet complete!
>actually does nothing

>debotnetting close source

Nice source, oh wait you're lying

>tfw no drivers for my computer previous to windows 8.0

feels bad

If you must use Win10, Spybot Antibeacon seems to work well. Also, 10 does seem to work really smoothly on recent hardware.

>disable everything you can
>block the remaining stuff
>Wireshark on a separate machine shows no activity when idle
Looks like your shitpost was just that.

Try 8.1. Avoid Metro crap in it and install Classic Shell start menu. It's really pretty good. There's even Aero themes out there if you hate the flat look.

Tron script and Spybot Anti-Beacon seem great and reliable.

delete windows 10
and install gentoo

>debotnetting
>windows 10

spybot anti beacon or Destroy Windows Spying - Windows spying removal tool
just google it

What does this even mean? This is the first time I've genuinely and unironically assumed somebody was named Pajeet on Sup Forums.

You can't debotnet Windows 10, it's as simple as that. You have to block everything at hardware level and then go through the excruciating process of creating exceptions for everything you consider safe to access on the interwhoops. You'd have to be desperate to use Windows 10 to actually go to these lengths. All the available debotnet scripts and other software is placebo.

>All the available debotnet scripts and other software is placebo.
Proof or GTFO. Wireshark running on a machine between the debotnetted Win10 machine and the internet says you're wrong.

How does it say I'm wrong? Because your computer is not connecting to IPs that are registered directly to Microsoft? The situation is exactly as I said: unless you know every outgoing connection, your debotnetting is nothing but placebo.

its good software but has some weird fire monkey graphic on it I think that's what he means
fucking cyak blyat code monkeys

It should produce no connections when idle, and only connections I request or can trace to software I ran, right?

>upgrade to 8.1

FIFY

anyone have that image where you have to set something to enterprise or basic instead of off to actually get it to turn off?

You can't turn it off

Just don't use it, problem solved.

Linux is better anyway, fuck MS.

Nah 8.1 is ass
that doesn't turn everything off

Yeah I wouldn't trust it to turn everything off. I just want the image so I can remember how to get to that window and see for myself.

>Nah 8.1 is ass
8.1 is actually quite a nice compromise. It has most of the nice things 10 has, but almost none of the botnet. It has a nicer task manager, better memory management, fast bootup times, native ISO mounting, nicer copy dialogs, etc. But the only privacy issue you need to watch for is that it tries to get you to make an MS account at install time. Opt for a local account, then install Classic Shell start menu to avoid most of the Metro nonsense, and you have a nicer, faster 7 with a flat look.

ahaha got fucking owned by back to Sup Forums you fucking faggot.

Has anyone actually found a remotely helpful firewall tool that actually runs on the same machine? I mean installing something- peerblock, firewall, 3rd party tool- then actually testing the output externally?

Comodo works well, but why not use a hardware firewall? That along with O&O Shutup and Spybot Anti Beacon takes care of it all.

See that's not what I'm asking. Everybody throws around some claim or another, and nobody does any research to back it up. O&O is one of many almost identical tools that fiddle with settings to reduce telemetry but not eliminate it. Sure anybody could name a dozen firewalls, but as far as I can tell windows 10 just bypasses all of them as easily as it does a host file. So I'm asking if anyone has actually tested any application or rule set to actually confirm that it really does block internet telemetry completely or even close. And a hardware firewall is completely impractical for most people.

So because you haven't looked hard enough, nobody has done any research? Nobody said the tools alone do that, but a linux-based router with iptables or similar is now "completely impractical"?

This is hillarious when people are advocating using a full-blown linux OS instead. You really should try spending more time researching than ranting.

>windows 10 has a botnet, this is outrageous!!
>I'll keep using it and just use some meme program that probably will stop working with the next forced update
You 10cucks deserve the botnet.

>autists make hardware firewall
>block everything
>whitelist only trusted apps
>gamerfags whitelist Steam
>Windows10 simply starts sending information through whitelist connections
>Windows10 sends information through Stream connection
>Steam servers act as pass through straight to MS HQ
>you're put directly on a watch list for trying to circumvent Windows 10 Customer Satisfaction Program
>FBI and NSA now scrutinize every packet that goes through your network with an electron microscope

No that's the thing. LOADS of people have said there are tools alone that can do that. People left right and backwards are claiming you can firewall windows from within windows using assorted tools, firewalls, peerblocker etc, and for the life of me I can't find a reliable source of someone who has successfully tested any of it. I would love to find something like that. And yes, if it turned out a software solution did exist, it would be way more practical. It would be much easier for most people to implement and install on multiple PCs, it wouldn't require buying additional hardware, you wouldn't have to carry around some portable router with your windows laptop, and you could probably recommend it to newbs and grandparents who don't know jack shit.

Stop using Windows if you care.

That's really not an option for most people

Priorities.

>Just figured out how to turn off Secure Boot
>after a year

what the fuck, are you fucking serious? Get a fucking mac, windows is not for you.

Technically you're not wrong. If somebody doesn't have the skill to install linux or acquire compatible hardware they can always just not own a computer, or take any job that requires one. That's practical.

bump