Chairs, ergonomic, Lumbar support, good posture

Given that we all sit on our asses alot, me included I wanted to ask Sup Forums what chairs you use at your desk? I notice I'm a hell of a lot more productive when I'm able to sit straight up. My current chair doesn't do a good job for lumbar support. I'm wondering if you guys had any recommendations regarding chair that promotes good posture.

Other urls found in this thread:

getyourmobo.com
cheaperofficesolutions.com/Sub_Category.cfm/fk_parent_id/1/sub_cat/14/key/office-chairs-task-chairs
haworth.com/products/seating/desk-chairs/zody
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buy expensive ergonomic chair
>feels no different from normal chair desu

They reckon you should lean back and shit these days

The best thing you can do for yourself is just to get up and walk around every so often. Doesn't matter how good the chair is if you don't do that.

Also exercise regularly and build your core strength.

Thanks user, I am interested in exercising to get a better overall posture too, any specifics you could recommend?

Best $300 I've ever spent.

No more neck and lower back pain.

Night and day between this and the shitty generic office chair I had before.

Don't cheap out on a good chair, OP. It's something worth investing into. Your body will thank you. I wish I upgraded sooner.

Looks bretty sweet dude, and yea right now I spend alot of time studying at my computer to get a job, but I definitely want something when I do get that job that'll help sitting down for long periods. Right now I don't really have much money but once I get better work It's definitely something I'll approach with no expense spared.

These two pillows that you see provide a very good lower back and neck support. I can definitely spend a lot more time behind my desk than I used to before my body starts acting up.

i use a dxracer™ razer™ edition™

>don't cheap out on chair
>is proud he bought some shitty meem chair made in china

Best decision I ever made.

Forgot pic. Oops

Any got any good recommendations for a chair for people with a fucked up back? I've got twisted vertebrae and shit.

see

dude no one here has the money for a herman miller chair, they are comfy though
Leap chairs are my favorite

Meme or not, it's comfy and I'm happy.

I use an exercise ball.

Back problems went away in about two weeks. Best $18 I've ever spent.

Best chair coming through.

You get them from bankrupt startups for the price of shit from an office supply.

>accidently lean back
>smash head on desk and die
wow well spent $18

I did this

wtf i hate ball chairs now

posted from my iphone afterlife edition

There's no such thing as an ergonomic chair. Humans weren't mean to sit for so long.

>tfw drove a manual car for 16 hours two weeks ago and my back still hurts

/thread

you neef a chair with a shitload of ass padding. like a recliner. all computer chairs place too much compressive forces on your lumbar spine. i've tried them all. aeron, leap, etc. i'd kill for a chair with a big fat seat pad and the arms of a leap. putting seat cushions on top don't work it throws off the back rest positioning.

i ordered a dxracer king series yesterday and hope i didn't get scammed 2bh

>my chair
>went into various stores checking for back support, lumbar support, and ass comfort.

There was one that was better than this but it was 500$, this one was only 200$ at the time.

Bought a used Viasit Scope for 400€ (pictured on the left). Definitely a big improvement.

I feel like most chairs are ergonomic only for small people who are like 160cm. Then when you are 190cm tall, everything is off by a big margin.

It's my fucking neck and upper back that is getting all the problems though help

They expect tall people to not be stuck in chair

orderd a herman miller embody this weekend. only thing i couldnt test is how well it would feel after eight hours+

A fairly generic chair with one of these, theyre very good but only if youre sitting straight/leaning back

so theres another desk right behind you?
I dont think theyd let you use it in an office

not a chair anons but check this out...

getyourmobo.com

works awesome for workstation ergonomics if u have a shitty desk with no adjustable keyboard/mouse tray

I see those listings on craigslist, how much do they usually let them go for?

>keyboard tray
do you know where you are, son?

i grabbed one on newegg for like 140 canada bucks shipped....way over priced for what it is, but didnt have the desire to rig up my own. Its a good product though other then the keyboard tray, which is kinda flimsy for typing so i use a bamboo board instead

OP here, found this:

cheaperofficesolutions.com/Sub_Category.cfm/fk_parent_id/1/sub_cat/14/key/office-chairs-task-chairs

haworth.com/products/seating/desk-chairs/zody

Haworth Zody

Be warned, testing out the forward tilt on smooth wooden floors is a little scary.

>not driving manual everyday
You don't prefer autotragic? do you user?

Been trying to find a decent chair here. Everything is just so expensive, I don't have a lot to work with after paying tuition and rent.

Sure some of us do. Not everyone gets allowances still that is on here.

>tfw shitposting on Sup Forums fucked up my back for good
>tfw still can't stop doing it

>filename
>mfw

But seriously, are they worth it? I'm afraid I would be moving around all the time, instead of doing any work.

does Sup Forums have any reccomended websites or such about ergonomics? I have backpain since I got my new job, and i think it is the chair, but maybe it's just adjusted wrong? So far, I just make some minor changes every now and then, but it doesnt make stuff better. Maybe my whole desk height is off?

You should try standing too. Yes standing in front of your computer instead of sitting.

Dont buy a 600$ standing desk. I put my screen and keyboard on some boxes and then stand for an hour.
It will be annoying and uncomfortable in the beginning when you are not used to standing for longer periods of time but you could replace half your sitting with standing if you really wanted to.
I find it works great for gaming because I really do forget Im standing then.

I say they are worth it. I can sit on them crossed legged. I'm not on my computer for more than 20 min at a time, so I say its a good investment.

>exercise regularly
LOL no thanks bro, you go ahead and waste your time and money tho

>I'm happy
How dare you!

Lol what.

>see this in some gimmick everyday stuff shop
>what the fuck is it some sort of kids toy?
>put it on a chair and try it out

It actually works pretty well. Fuck expensive chairs.

Meme y/n?

user sat on the gear stick for 15 hours. Dirty user, hope to fuck it wasn't a rental.

any kind of sports

so you got the chair since yesterday right?

have fun regaining back pain in a week

Have a ghetto rigged standing desk at home.

>I'm going to die before age 40, the post

Yeah, prolong your purgatory in this disgusting meatspace.

Live slow, die young.

>living a long healthy life
That's exactly what the demiurge wants you to do.

One of my coworkers has one of these and I'm really curious about it.

fuck am i looking at

a grill

its a globe of the earth (unpainted still) which you sit on

Makes you feel like your king of the world

I got it 2 months ago, faggot.

And it definitely helped with my back and neck pain, as well as let me sit behind a desk for a longer periods of time without experienced body aches.

But keep hating. I'll be comfy watching in my meme chair.

I unironically sit like this all the time, is this good or bad for my back?

I have no idea, but I bet it's bad.

Pilates

No, it's a great chair, especially if you are tall

it's not bad

Had this for a week now. Height is perfect for me (180cm), cushion is pretty comfy and lumbar support fits my back well. Only gripe is I can't lock the chair at any angle, it'll move to the nearest notch in the mechanism. Overall I recommend it if you want to save money and you're not really short

like with a leg on each side of the keyboard?

i got the non leather version for half price
it's breddy good

both on one side

i have:
you can customize the options or find preconfigured ones for a bit cheaper sometimes

i love the lumbar support - if you get one option, it's this one

pic related, it's my battlestation

I use a simple wooden chair with no cushion and i actually find it very nice. I used to get back pain with shitty cheap office chairs after about six hours, but the wooden chair is actually not badas long as you stand up now and then

Nah, it's good as long as you don't slouch.

If you plan on sitting for three - four hours straight, get a coccyx cushion.

Ha ha ha.

......hmmmmm

I was at ikea the other day trying one out, I don't see how they can get away with charging $200 for it. I was completely unimpressed.

I got that one, it gave me severe wrist pains after using it at my old desk for two weeks

Help guys I sit like 13 hours straight on my computer.

What chair should I get?