>Want to know more about consumer electronics
>Start watching this guy's channel
>Quickly realize he doesn't know shit
>He still gets a ton of free shit anyway

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BDDKw6Apxrg
youtube.com/watch?v=SFBvvlebSmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WTF? He actually said that? Can you post link to vid?

youtube.com/watch?v=BDDKw6Apxrg

Why is he out of the fucking shed?

Wow. This is fucked.

literally unwatchable, retard tier shit, I lasted 1min.

What's wrong with hibernation>sleep

On an SSD it allocates data to it before going into hibernation. If you repeat this process of hibernation everyday, you are essentially killing your SSD very slowly by constantly writing the hibernation data onto it. SSD's have a limited amount of write/read cycles. Unlike a magnetic HDD that doesn't give a flying fuck what you write in it. The HDD will die when it wants (preferably in a very long time)

With modern ssds the write problem is trivial. Hibernating won't use up petabytes within 10 years, let alone your warranty period.

For reference, to write 1pb to a drive hibernating a system with 16gb of ram daily would take over 170 years.

>Sleep: In this mode all open files and applications are actually copied into RAM, and the computer enters a very low power state.

Ah. Thanks for the update.

>all active processes are copied to memory and the PC is put to sleep

all active processes are already in the memory.

Prove him wrong

Active processes are already in your memory. Sleep basically has to copy nothing,

Typical shill, makes a (sponsored) youtube video about something that can be explained in 3 sentences.

>sleep : stores all active programs in memory and goes into a low power state
>hibernate: stores all active programs on the HDD and shuts down
>both states upon waking up will revert all active programs to their previous states, sleep just does it faster.

man that would have been perfect to talk about the S_ states for the computer
all he would have had to say is "on or S0", or "off or S5" and it wouldn't have really added any complexity to the video unless you are absolutely brain dead retarded

Sleep basically just turns off the monitors and doesn't let any programs have any CPU time, and then just waits for a wake up signal. The system is mostly just running normally, just with a very unusual program.

And it starts up fast because it pretty much doesn't have to do anything; RAM being fast has nothing to do with it.

>He still gets a ton of free stuff anyway
The free stuff comes because he has a massive audience. Youtube is not about knowledge, it is about popularity.

Falcon you gotta get in on this tween market, just wave your hands around everywhere and get 8 earings.

>When Linus gets older and falls out of favor with younger viewers he will probably land some TV spot by then and still be equally annoying.

I am older that he is. And he is more good looking.

Also I am overweight.

...and I do not speaking the English so good.

Get that beardy nerd on your youtube to do it, he's already started on the piercings anyway

sleep just shunts everything into off/low power mode and keeps the RAM alive

The implication being that open files and applications weren't already in RAM, which is false. Granted, it's actually just poor wording.

>youtube.com/watch?v=SFBvvlebSmw

cpu registers

Idk about Windows but Linux let's you (attempt to) hibernate with a swap partition smaller than the amount of memory you have, so this would be eveness if you don't make a habit of using up all of your memory.

do you know what's weird?

these are the first pieces of personal information about you that I've come across, bravo

>old
>ugly
>fat
>non english speaker
no offence but you can't make this shit up lmao

I still enjoy watching his content

Please tell me they did that on purpose

Nope. He forgot to switch scenes, he realised shortly afterwards.

They're all especially retarded when it comes to streaming. They have had some problem or another occur almost every week of the shows existence.