Customer just brought this in for repair, should I keep it?

Customer just brought this in for repair, should I keep it?

Is that a power Mac g3?

Not sure

Give it back, jamal

I got into computers a little late, the motherboard looks fascinating though

It is

What needs repairing?

There was no video out. Reseating the graphics card fixed that though

>mfw that LiSOCl battery is still kicking after all these years

I know the rules, I'm not here for tech support, just curious about this mac

>400mhz g3
>256mb ram
Nice.

>motorola

>faggots acting confused and "in awe" of a shitty mac that isnt even that old

how new are you cunts?

And looks like a SCSI Ultra something hard drive too. Nice. Looks like no DVD though.

My G3

I'm 22, but I wasn't really interested in computers until I built my current gaming pc.

I7 870 + gtx 680.

So I've been out of the loop for most things before that. I have some knowledge of lga775 when my friend was putting together his first pc, but I'm blind before that.

That looks awesome!
I like how it's well maintained, thanks for the pic.

Do you still use it?
What are the memory flash things on the cpu?
Please forgive my ignorance, it's not willfull.

Old Macs are a lot of fun. They are dirt cheap nowadays and you seem like a youngster who might appreciate them.

The iBook G3 Clamshell is such an interesting laptop. Still sort of usable today if upgraded. I'll post some pics soon.
I have a G5. It has 16GB of DDR RAM, a Quad-core 2.5 Ghz PPC CPU, and a Quadro FX 4500 w/512 MB of VRAM. $20 at a garage sale.

The chips sticking out from the CPU board are the L2 cache RAM.

I've only had the machine for a couple of weeks, it's replacing my sadly dead G4, the huge PCI card is an analogue video/audio I/O card I've used occasionally to digitise tapes. And I just find it fun to fiddle around with old machines. Got it for $20.

Has a DVD decoder card stacked ontop of the video card, which I think is kinda neat.

>366 MHz PPC G3
>567 MB SDRAM
>2x 16 CF SSD
>OS X 10.3, OS 9.22, and Debian triple boot
>4 hours of battery life.
>Awesome AC adapter
>Awful trackpad and mouse.

We have an orange clamshell at the store, in the back. Interesting design, definitely. I've never tried turning it on though

Looks awesome, didn't know they had SSDs back then

It's a modern upgrade. Compact Flash to IDE. Not great in the long term, but it makes the G3 dead silent.

And the specs

>chips
>should i keep it?
>computer janitor
kill yourself

Fuck off.

Does it improve performance noticeably?

How smooth is it on the modern web? I'd honestly be surprised if that could handle YouTube 480p, my Intel d2500 struggles with 720p.
Have you tried any Linux distros on it?

Also is it possible to hackintosh mac os 9?

OP, tell me exactly what your field of work is called and how you got to it, and what classes you took and how much they cost, etc. What your doing is my dream job.

>Also is it possible to hackintosh mac os 9?
no... unless you have a powerpc non mac device then probably not.
there's ways to run mac OS in a virtual machine though, I just never was able to.

Motorola did shitload of things back then
Heck my power amplifier from the 70s has Motorola transistors

Can't handle youtube at all unless you download the videos and transcode them first. Even my 1.5GHz G4 struggles with youtube, although it is pretty usable for the modern web. OS 9 on a G3 really isn't.

>Also is it possible to hackintosh mac os 9?
Depends what you mean.

Running OS 9 on a PC, you kinda can through emulation, Sheepshaver works well. Can't run it natively though, completely different CPU architecture.

There were some generic PowerPC machines made by other companies licensed to run OS 7/8 for a while, OS 9 not officially, Jobs killed it off.

I'll try to put together a pack of everything working.

Not OP but my bro have one, he's like a hardcore macfag since the 80s.

The only thing in "awe" was the case color scheme and the way they build the mobo tray and internal placements. Other than that, functionality wise "meh".

Mac was is all about looks since then, G3, then G5 was pinnacle at least in terms of aluminum cases if memory serves me right.

Try this

mega nz/#!gsJAjRRB!cf6Xw-GQPQOnonlzuf9nJm5rsHEshHs96taHGw6_cFI

I feel like design has gone downhill lately...

Dont be a jew rossmann

gay jewish piece of cuck hardware

its codename was yosemite

into the gas, filthy kike

are u a Bernie sympathizer

who cares, I support whoever shows up and helps me on my way to the violence this world deserves