I'm going to bye a new MacBook

I'm going to bye a new MacBook.

What's the most recent (ligjtweight) one and one will the next come out? I ask because I dob't wabt ti buy one only to find out there's a new release 3 months after.

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-2016-i7-256-GB-QHD-Notebook-Review.155081.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-13-Early-2015-Notebook-Review.139621.0.html
ultrabookreview.com/10395-dell-xps-13-9550-iris-540/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PAJEET MY SON

buy the one with the M7 processor and 512gb SSD, that's the most advanced of the latest 2016 line. Avoid gold. Space gray is actually badass.

>I'm going to bye
ok bye

Rajesh my son. There are new models due in September. I'd wait it out

Macbook pros are due for a refresh soon-ish.

Macbooks are safe to buy now.

>Macbook pros are due for a refresh soon-ish.

it's anytime between now and the end of the year.

new enclosures tend to be announced up front and are supply constrained.

>bye a new macbook

so you're gonna throw it into trash?
well done my son

my favourite macbook is the thinkpad

Maybe you should book some English classes beforehand.

>Implying native speakers speak proper english

>Macbook pros are due for a refresh soon-ish.
Doubt it, Intel just started shipping Kaby Lake Core Ms and U chips at around Dec, you won't be seeing a new Mac til next January at the earliest.

This so much. Specially the Amerifats are horrible at it.

Who said anything about Kaby? 2016 version will still get Skylel, but given that Broadwell one shits on current Skylel competition, it'd be fine.

"I'm rich and don't know much about computers"
.t every apple user.

>20% disadvantage in both performance and battery life
>shits on the competition
Kill yourself, you stupid fucking piece of shit.

Proof

>20% disadvantage in both performance and battery life
Where did you get that shit from? What other laptop that isn't the size of a desktop has a similar battery life?

Also the i5 in rMBP is on the level of i7 Skykek in XPS.

"I am poor and don't know much about computers"
Any Windows user.

"I am poor and don't care too much about doing anything useful on my computer"
Every Loonix user.

Hurr?

That shit weights 200-300 gramm more and is bigger overall. The fuck would you compare an ultraportable with a desktop replacement?

>complaining about people not speaking 'proper english'.
>failing to realize that 'English' is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

0/10.

XPS 13 uses the same CPU (i5-6200U) which is much lighter and thinner, while providing up to 16 hours battery life (~11 hours in reality).

>muh lightweight
>muh 1000 dollaridoos empty aluminum case with 1 port

Even the i7 Skylel is barely faster than the i7 Broadwell in Air, which is 15W. rMBP uses a 28W cpu.

Also as you see, the battery claim is a pure lie.

As for le proof about geekbench (which is a dumb test) ...

>I can not stand the fact that there's a more recent release of my computer and that I don't own it.

Macfags everyone. And this is why you keep getting abused by Apple.

The XPS 13 uses a 28W Skylake chip with Iris on the i7 model, you dumb pile of shit.
The 15W i5 already beats it, the i7 version humiliates the rMBP13.

I kinda wish decent displays weren't so fucking expensive. Seeing this fucker at a pawn shop I couldn't stop crying about how poor I fucking was and the fact that the hardware wasn't all that fucking amazing. But the screen. The goddamn retina display. The fact that if I spent so much on a display for that, I'd still be stuck with Windows 10.

Also

notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-13-Early-2015-Notebook-Review.139621.0.html

Scroll down to the scores, and since you're probably too lazy, let me post em!

>Cinebench R15 (singe core)
Dell XPS 13-9350, 6500U, 125 Points
Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13 i5-5257U, 126 Points

>Cinebench R15 (multi core)
XPS 303 Points
rMBP 321 Points

They are pretty similar for the older R11.5 version, where rMBP is bit faster with Windows (kek) and bit slower with OSX (probably Yosemite, so the difference should be higher with le capitan).

Also again, keep in mind that one is a new chip, while the other 1,5 years old. Obviously in GPU heavy stuff Skykek should be doing noticeable better though.

ultrabookreview.com/10395-dell-xps-13-9550-iris-540/
Fucking facts, eh?

I have one, the display is nowhere near as good as competitors like the XPS 13, Samsung Book 9 and Surface Pro 4. Competitors already are using the more power efficient and accurate Sharp IGZO IPS diplays, while Apple is still stuck with the archaic A-Si IPS LG and Samshit panels.
I have the poverty Surface 3 (non Pro) for drawfagging and its Panasonic LCD is far more accurate than my rMBP13.

seriously this
running a late 2014 retina and love it, just dont get to use it much bc issued t540p at work and pretty much live out of that. Also loved my 2011 mbp also love my t400 and t520 an old brick of a dell and an ancient toshiba that way too durable to be built by a human.

But who cares what you do with a computer in the yolo gen, you put on a sticker and pretend to know what youre doing.

Seriously if your life ambitions are that shallow mate, there's no hope for you.

>getting abused
You have no idea just how little money those MacBooks mean for us...

>Surface 3 (non Pro)
Wait, did they release a non Pro version of that? I suppose they got rid of Windows RT on those?

Non Pro still runs x86 Windows, it uses a puny Atom. Should've sprung for the Pro, but the size is perfect for travel and the Atom with 4GB RAM still easily manages 3000x2000 canvases with up to 30 layers.
Can surprisingly run Skyrim at Med settings very decently, not bad for something that uses fuck all power and runs off MicroUSB 2A comfortably.

Tbqh, I honestly don't get why even poor people bitch about the price, most keep their laptop for 2-3 years, so one rMBP would be 3 500 craptops in the same period.

from what I've seen, people who buy rmbp will change them just as often as people with 600eurobucks computers
actually the ones I know with macbooks(pro) change them more often because they just carry them anywhere and end up breaking them, but maybe they're just being retarded so that's not a valid point to judge on

>broad generalities
i have had 2 since 2009. had a logic board fail in the first.

windows is great i use and love windows but unix machines cant be beat and the sellout / bloat factor of windows is crippling

Well, usually they also can afford to change them more often, so that wouldn't matter. I am looking at it more from the perspective of a person that couldn't, where it's either spending a smaller sum more often because you buy shit or spending a larger sum and have no worries. This applies from small shit like laptops and phones to bigger stuff like cars, and is pretty idiotic.

Also yeah, anybody managing to break a fucking laptop is too retarded to count; the people I know who did that, don't even go with theirs anywhere but fucking stepped on it or managed to let it fall from the table, multiple times. Even a toughbook wouldn't be safe with them.

broad generalities are more informative than isolated events
my main problem with macbookpros is that their main advantage is the small form factor and weight, but anything you carry around all day will eventually get damaged, it's not like a desktop pc that's just gonna sit on/under a desk all day long

Macs are pretty shit and break just as often as anything else. The only difference is that it doesn't get reported because repairs and rma's don't happen because apple charges a minimum of 600 dollars for any issue where every other company has an actual warranty or cheap repairs. Their low failure rate is a result of shitty business practices.

>but anything you carry around all day will eventually get damaged
Dunno, never had that experience with any laptop or phone, and I don't even use cases for the latter.

Even my old ass HP TM2 which I carried around for couple days every week and used daily still looked like new for 4 years, then my sis managed to break two keys after having it for one month.

Besides, with Macbooks the price sounds like a great motivator to take a bit more care of your hardware.

That's not what the rating of Apple support says, which is one of the best for years now. Never had personal experience with them but from what I heard from people who did, you simply get your shit replaced on the spot, if it was Apples fault. Without Apple Care shit.

Build quality of premium laptops tend to be very similar but Apple pays more attention to software (just read about about all the firmware issues with previous XPS, SurfaceBook or the bloat on Lenovos), and OSX isn't a maintenance hell like Windows, which might break your stuff with an "update" or simply goes to shit over time.

Just make sure it has been Gentoo installed.

>I'm going to bye a new MacBook.
>I'm going to bye
>bye
>BYE

jesus...wait

>Bye = Buy
>BUY
>a NEW Macbook
>NEW
>Macbook
>MAC
>NEW
>BUY

AHHHHHHHHH!

>800 mhz

OP here. So I take it the answer ti my question is that there is no new macbook soon enough to wait out. I need it relatively quick anyhow.

How much it waits is a lot more important to me that performance tbqh