Haha

Haha
HAHAHAHAHA

Also lets talk about this new concept.
What's the use case of SSDs on GPU, note that it isn't being used as system storage, it talks directly to the GPU and not the host.

I'll just paste this.

So users now have a fairly coarse block addressable space on their professional GPUs, what’s the big deal? You don’t have to traverse the system PCie bus, the driver stack, CPU, back over the bus, and to storage to get data now so the impossible is now possible. Better yet the CPU overhead of sending data to the GPU is now gone as is the bus congestion brought on by streaming large textures from plentiful system memory to precious GPU memory But what about these benefits? The first demo AMD is said to be showing is a use case for movie editing and cleanup on the GPU. What is the issue here you may ask, this is old hat and has been done on the CPU for years. Some GPUs can even assist it without slowing things down in the process, so what does SSG add? How about 8K movie streaming and cleanup in realtime. At 96FPS. Sure you can do this with traditional methods but the best of them will run the same task at 17FPS. AMD is happy to point out this is a 5.6x speedup or so for the cost of two consumer SSDs. Before SSG, possible but slow. After SSG, fast enough for most users. The impossible, realtime 8K cleanup, is now possible. Hugely complex and highly detailed CAD models that took the better part of an hour to load up and decompress will still take the better part of an hour to load up and decompress on an SSG GPU based system. Why bother? Because it takes the better part of an hour to load and decompress the first time, then it can stay resident on the GPU’s flash storage.

The second time it should take seconds. If you look at the cost of a modern automotive or aerospace engineer’s time, SSG is a no-brainer, any CTO would be foolish not to deploy this tech ASAP, the ROI would be measured in weeks.It really is that important for the professional graphics space and what starts there trickles down to the consumer space in short order. A single 4x version with 128 or 256GB of space on board is easily within the price range of high-end consumer GPUs and it would effectively wipe out most texture size limits. Streaming texture hacks, brilliant as they are, would be unnecessary, drivers simplify, CPU load goes down, usable PCIe bandwidth goes up while PCIe latency plummets because of congestions relief.

>10 minutes later
>the rise in the graph is over the spawn of 3 days
???

Thats the span of 3minutes not 3months.

???

Zoom enhance, Poo is visible

so amd managed to get 1 point up over 3 days, wow thats really somthing... i guess

>what is trading

POO

This is actually pretty useful. When I use my GPU for raytraced 3d rendering VRAM is a huge issue. CPU renders have no trouble with 100 million + polygons. But when using the GPU everything must fit on the GPU vram, every procedural polygon created, every image map in the entire scene, so you end up being very limited in what you can render.

Another interesting thing that becomes possible with a SSD GPU cache is voxels, you could combine hundreds of GB worth of voxels for levels and use conventional polys for moving characters.

Even if it's not feasible to ship a 400gb game there's ways around this, you could store the assets as polygons then reconstruct the fine details using procedural textures and convert it to billions of voxels as the level loads.

>This is actually pretty useful.

Said no one about any AMD product ever

Wow I'm glad summer is half over

i appreciate what you typed out, for what it's worth user

lol that look on hes face

>using stale may may images
this isn't what i left reddit for.

>i ain't even amd

Can't wait until AMD releases a GPU with a built-in coffee maker and alarm clock

>SSDs have limited write cycles
What's the point, you cant use this constantly for more than 3 years if you cache a lot of stuff

Enterprise SSDs have so much write fucking cycles you'd need to be Google to wear it down.

I can only imagine how different these replies would've been if nvidia had invented this instead of AMD

I'm Pretty sure that nvidia did develop this arty some point. But they are sensible, thru said nope, this is a stupid idea.

But I guess amd are desperate enough to try anything at this point. Hell, they make consol socs for gods sake. That stinks of irrelevance and desperation

Don't forget to sell before the stock plummets when everyone realizes that it means nothing to the average consumer

>workstation graphics
>ever meaning anything to your average consumer
Hmmm

>Spend $10,000 on a GPU
>Use it to crack your neighbor's wireless network password

Yeah it doesn't
It's not going to increase the quality of what the consumer gets. It's a qol improvement for professionals

medium kek

>there are people that still support AMD

kek and lel

>Faster releases for the same product or Better releases for the same time
Really makes you think, huh?

Titan announcement

lol you're one of those outside looking in guys who thinks he knows everything
Ok Timmy you can go back to the little kids' table now
*pats you on the head*

Holy shit you're stupid

>AMD comes up with something incredible for workstations
>Butthurt PC gaymers get bootyblasted because its not The Way Its Meant to be Played

Nvidia shilling should be an automatic ban for being underaged

>no real argument
Thanks for the (You)'s

>Jump in share price begins 3 days earlier
>Coincides pretty much exactly with AMD announcing their Q2 financials where they got a significant boost in revenue
>Has something to do with a product that was announced today
N/v/idiots everyone...

back to /r/pcmasterrace with you kiddo

When is the rx 490 coming you fucking pajeeettttttttttttttt

Sure glad we ain't on a imageboard... oh, wait...

Nope, AMD made this patent available for everyone and there are already news of Nvidia developing something similar.

Topkek uh? Few months from now people will be saying AMD is copying Nvidia again.

>AMD sux!! Nvidia rules >:)

Don't you need to be over 18 to post here?

Stay in school.

AMD also made Freesync available to everyone and Nvidia responded by not allowing support for it on their cards

Well, yeah, I'm not surprised, you don't get to be market lead without copying others and making it proprietary and screwing over your own customers.

hopefully never

HBM is what everyone wants, not some 70'c idle 400w dual gpu trash

nvidia must be high on something to release those $1k+ gddr cards with HBM 4 months out

>regurgitating this 490 will be dual gpu currytech meme
fuck off retard

Wat, AMD has HBM cards?

Their Fury cards use HBM RAM.

Yeah I know, that why I was wondering why people think they don't.

Lol that's a computer without a CPU.

2x512GB Samsung .m2 SSD (I forgot the name) costs like 700 bucks. The graphics card costs far more than that.

>businesses with a lot of cash in their pockets are not worthwile customers

This gpu hit the sweet spot, it will sell like chocolate cookies.

>Doesn't play vidyagames
Who gives a shit
Fuck off AMDtard
Nvidia 4 lyfe, AMD poos need to be sent back to rebbit

AMD is on a roll with its professional focused hardware recently - first up the pro duo and now these new firepro cards. I guess once HBM2 really gets rolling we'll see firepros with enormous abouts of vram which will be dead handy for many usage cases.

Amada!

>tfw didn't buy AMD shares when they were dirt fucking cheap

I fucking regret that so much fuck my arsehole

Bought at $2. Bought Nvidia too, they're up over 100%.

>first up the pro duo and now these new firepro cards.
And the FirePro S7100x with the Hardware Virtualisation. That was a thing too.

A few anons told Sup Forums if you can into stocks AMD was a good investment but nobody listened.

Oh shit forgot about that.