/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Other urls found in this thread:

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/
slickdeals.net/f/8955079-evga-600w-80-certified-atx-power-supply-30-free-store-pickup
ebay.com/itm/M-2-NGFF-SSD-to-Mini-PCI-E-mSATA-Adapter-Card-Replacement-Converter-Wholesale-/311426925853?hash=item48827dc51d:g:XywAAOSwUV9WpyJR
wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=42073&archive=72356&starttime=0:00:00
wudt.codeplex.com/
howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumping with my post from the previous thread

I need some help Sup Forums with Radeon Settings; I'm getting a 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)'

Here is what I have done already;

>uninstall with DDU and reinstall
>checked all the DDLs with Dependency Walker

Yet I am still getting the error and it won't load - can anyone help me with this?

>0xc000007b
Do a search for that plus the application name :^)

I bought a computer with windows 10 on it. I want to install windows 8.1 but I want to do this as cheaply as possible with out pirating. Play asia has windows 8.1 keys for 20 bucks but that seems like a scam. Is it?

P.S. I need at least windows 8.1 for work and I honestly don't mind windows 8.1

>P.S. I need at least windows 8.1 for work and I honestly don't mind windows 8.1
>at least
Why not stick to windows 10 then?
honest question.

I've already done all the things that come up.

I need help.

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/

Do you have the latest .net framework installed? Are you .net frameworks up to date?

Yes, I've also ran the repair tool for .Net and 2013 C++ as I found when searching.

This shit is pissing me off.

Hey guys,

Can someone recommend me a good modular PSU?
500W should be enough, but 750W would be nice.
I'd like to keep it low priced.

Also, can someone tell me what a good 2TB HDD is? I'm going to be buying them used and I just wanted to know whether I should opt for WD or Seagate and what series.

slickdeals.net/f/8955079-evga-600w-80-certified-atx-power-supply-30-free-store-pickup

>phone can only take 32gb MicroSD

If I put my 64gb in there will it still work with just half of it's space available?

Would a HDMI->DVI->HDMI conversion work?
If it did, would the final device get the audio signal?

I've been using Windows 10 for a few days and my explorer suddenly started showing a shitload of clones of my BD drive. What the fuck's going on?

Usually it will just work period

Go to computer management, go to drive manager and removed extra drive letters/duplications you might see.

It would, but I would be careful about running through too many connections HDCP is kinda finicky. No, there's nothing in DVI to carry the sound.

Thanks for the response. Should have mentioned that I did this several times, but those bastards come back after every reboot.

Thanks user, so modular units aren't cheap yet?

Thanks for the reply. Hope we have no HDCP shit here or the active HDMI splitter takes care of that.

W10 upgrade or clean install?

Clean install, no contest.

u'll fuck the phone up

Alright, mate.

What's the best Chromebook for under $300 right now? I'm really tempted to get the Samsung Chromebook 3.

why inline block doesn't work on the li items?

buildan a PC for the first time, wattage on my build is ~340W total
how much should i go for on my PSU?
the most rated one on pcpartpicker is the EVGA SuperNOVA 750, but isn't that kinda overkill?
is the average build that power hungry?

you might as well pirate it if you arent buying it from legitimate sources for the real price, its going to be most likely shady anyway

Is there an adapter for this SSD?
mz-ntd1280/000

I need it to become an mSATA so that I can connect it to my Maximus Gene V mPCIe combo thing.

I'm so confused by all these specifications and shit. I found this:
ebay.com/itm/M-2-NGFF-SSD-to-Mini-PCI-E-mSATA-Adapter-Card-Replacement-Converter-Wholesale-/311426925853?hash=item48827dc51d:g:XywAAOSwUV9WpyJR

But when I read this part:
>About Mini PCIe SSD interface standard:

I become dizzy and want to puke.

not really

I've been using roughly 20-25 gigs of a 64gb msd on my Moto G from 2013 that specifies 32gb. I jjst put a bit of music on it and a few vids.

The phone still works as my backup with a 32gb card in it, and the 64gb micro sd works perfectly with my HTC 10.

Which is the better download utility, aria2c or wget? Does wget have a similar feature where it can make multiple connections to the same host to speed up downloads?

What shit do you have that only uses 340? Even shitty non-gamer prebuilts use like 450-500. You're probably only calculating the minimum usage or missed something important or something.

Do we have other options other than KCP for Chinese cartoons? Shit's dead for more than 2 years now.

I don't like CCCP.

MadVR

madVR is what the cool kids use, but make sure to only watch 1080 10-bit with FLAC

not final but pic related
recommended builds on pcpartpicker are also floating around 350-380W
is the website unreliable for wattage estimates?

Alright. I've been in jail (for chinese cartoons) without chinese cartoons for a long time so I'm getting back in track because I miss jail again.

Thanks

Thaddd

Something against mpv?

Is Macbook Pro actually recommendable when you don't care about money that much (company's account) and you want a laptop with no trade offs (great display, battery life, body, weight, keyboard, professional looks)?

>Alright. I've been in jail (for chinese cartoons)
Please elaborate

Also, if I remember correctly madVR is just a renderer for MPC-HC in the KCP codec pack. They have a standalone player now?

I'm fine with anything as long as it's multiplat and easy to set-up like KCP's.

Canada

Macbook Pros are a rare apple exception that are worth the money.
I've been buying them since the chinks ruined the ThinkPads and have no regrets.

Sometimes. I hear the current models are out of date but when the next gen comes out it might be worth it. Mac tends to be the most idiot proof if you don't mind a little less control overall, which most people don't. See what else is on the market too, don't just go brand.

People meme against it a ton, both here and in other places where IT knowledgeable people gather but it really seems to make sense to buy it when you can spare the extra money compared to, say, Dell XPS 13.

Is my HDD faulty?

It randomly becomes slow and takes forever to load gaymes.

size, speed, and location (i.e. desktop or laptop)?

try scanning with crystal disk

Anyone got any ideas to this?

It's a Seagate Barracuda 3TB drive. 3.5 inch drive

Wait fuck, I restarted the program but forgot to change to the actual drive from my SSD.

Gonna do it again.

>Canada

Say more. Don't be a bitch.

>They have a standalone player now?

No.

If I have a backup saved on an external drive and I delete files off of my laptop that was backed up, will they get deleted from my external drive as well the next time I back up? I'm using Windows 7's built in tool.

just google Canada laws loli
then KCP with madVR is also the same as the other guy saying madVR?

This is with crystaldisk benchmark.

Should I send the drive back as faulty?

Yes I think your drive is toast

Its a seagate 3tb.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm retarded for buying it, I just want to be 100% sure it's dead before sending it back.

I had to rma a spinpoint f3, they refurbed it pretty quick.

When the hell will I be able to buy a 4gb RX 480 for $200?

When the 580 comes out.

dude that's pretty dope
now I can watch anime in high quality!

Do I need to turn off ubuntu server if I want to add new HDD?

Question, I am trying to make a Fedora 24 live usb but I can't get more than 4GB persistency due to FAT32 limitations and it won't let me write to the drive if it's NTFS or eXFAT

Is there a way to grab the audio from these shitty flash player based podcasts, and convert it into something like an mp3?

Link to an example:
wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=42073&archive=72356&starttime=0:00:00

guys I come with an interesting problem,
can I raid0 two 72gb sas disks and then mirror (raid1) that to a single 146gb sas disk?

just realised how stupid this is as it will basically nullify the speed of the raid0

Does anyone know any programs that will silently (in the background) copy an entire disk?

I keep hearing that the 2500k is still a good processor but is the regular 2500 also good?

any more image viewers recommendations for windows? something near the windows xp default viewer
i'm looking into ImageGlass, but i'd like to check for your exp

Just got a new TV and it does not have a headphones jack.
Is there a way to connect headphones with an adapter?

how to have a key started computer?

how does one install a torrented windows on a new pc?

The only image viewer I accept is xnview because it does gifs properly. As far as a good player that looks like xp I think you might be SOL

I need a printer/scanner for work. Never bought one before and not sure what I should be looking for. Can anyone steer me towards a good one or at least tell me what to look for on my own? I'm kind of blind hunting as is.

You can use [player] and disable all the codecs and install madVR to use with [player]. [player] can be several different things specified in the madvr site; most people use MPC-HC.

Do I go for it Sup Forums?

The thing is 4 years old and there's no info on specs but
>$60.00

Assuming you're already running windows.

>wudt.codeplex.com/

Use this to burn the ISO file on to your USB drive.

Regular printers are garbage. Try looking for ones with laser printer. Printer technology is stuck in 19th century. Expect paper jams, ink issues, mechanical failures, etc. Scanner is, well scanner. You could simply take a picture of your stuff with high res camera from your $300+ phone, and it'd work roughly same.

What connections does it have? RCA?

If you plan on printing a shitton go with a laser printer, whatever little extra you pay in the beginning you will make back 10 fold. Try to find something that has cheap drum replacements on ebay. A flat scanner is nice because then you can scan odd objects like id if you need to. Brother is a decent brand

Call/text/ask for any information. Dualcore? Quadcore? Intel/AMD? etc. If its less than quadcore, lower it down to $30 due to how weak they are.

so after the iso is in the usb do i just set bios to boot usb plug in to the new pc and all done? sounds easy.

I emailed and the wifey has no idea on parts. I was thinking of just heading over and checking speccy on it but that might look weird.

custom build, doesn't have specs
I think we know why...

Yes it has RCA (R/Y/W) and RCA (R/W).

2500k is still good because it can overclock easily to 4.6 or so Ghz. Once at that level, it will rape any newer non-overclocked i7s.

Without clock, it's still fine, but they aren't worth it if the price difference between 2500 and the 2500k is small.

>graphics card has S-video out
>motherboard has not one, but two PS/2 ports and a serial connector
I assure you it's more than 4 years old.

ebay "rca female 3.5mm" get one of those adapters

yep, after its burned, load up the usb and bios/load from usb.

Once done, remove usb and enjoy new os.

Are all web dev jobs the same? I want to do something else so badly... But not... sales... please

thanks senpaitachi, i think i'll leave it

Something like a Stereo Mix option might work.

>howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

Lad

Stress test your build with intelburntest/furmark/prime95

Yup. Which version of windows is it? Have you verified the image you torrented?

I just acquired an old windows xp toaster for free.. What can/should I do with it? I need ideas.

I wanna buy a Thinkpad T400 for Netbeans/College and stuff so before doing it i wanna ask some stuff.

Can it play 1080 at 60FPS videos or 1080 and high bitrate?
Or atleast 720@60FPS?

Im tired of browsing youtube and videos freezing with my old laptop when i have the internet to do it but not the power to play them, and since It always autoselects 720p because the speed it is annoying.

On what is this based, CPU or GPU?

when i use DNSSEC on my router using advanced tomato firmware, it doesn't work. It won't let me to connect to certain places and i get an error

havent even bought the parts yet just wanted to know. going for w10 and its like 115 euro in store legally. Fuck that shit.
What is verifying the image I torrented?

gentoo

I didn't know the best thread to put this into, so i'm dumping it here:
What programers are actually needed in the world.

I want to move into a field that's actually useful to the world, as opposed to being another webdev and some Python +SQL codemonkey.

What's a good alternative to CCcleaner, but can also wipe video card drivers without leaving a trace?

I stopped using CCleaner because it requires an Internet connectivity to be even used. I'm migrating from a GTX 960 to a RX 480, so I need the best program that won't leave Nvidia fragments behind.