Great GPU, or Greatest GPU?

Great GPU, or Greatest GPU?

>inb4 RX480

>Too powerful for 1080/1440
>Not powerful enough for 4K/VR
Most pointless GPU ever made.

VR is a meme

Gonna be obsolete once vulkan/dx12 games are more common

If I were going to buy a GPU today, it'd be something cheap with vulkan/dx12 support, to tide me over with games for a year or two, playing both dx11 and the new vulkan stuff pretty well.

Then I'd buy a solid vulkan card.

Wouldn't even think of touching a 1070 or 1080. too expensive and going to age like milk

Also this.

Buying a card not designed for DX12 going into 2017 is a poor choice.

You keep talking about how great alternatives exist, without actually mentioning these alternatives by name. Makes you out to be ignoramuses. How can anyone take you people seriously when this is your rhetoric? Thy tongue be cheap, and most virulent thy intentions.

You don't need an alternative to the 1070 because it has no place anywhere.
If you have 1080@60/75 or 1440@60, you buy an RX 480 or a GTX 1060.
If you have 1080@120/144 or 4K/VR, you buy a GTX 1080 and overclock it.

If you have an ultrawide, you're a faggot

>too powerful for 1440
It's not even powerful enough for 1080, pleb cuck

That's the 1080 you're talking about not the 1070. 1070 is fine for 1440p /1080p144Hz

What is THE cheapest GPU that I can use to stream 4k video? I keep getting recommended this fucker when really what is the point?

The 1060 is fine for 1440p, the 1070 is not fine for 1080@144, let alone 1440@120/144.

The 950 does hardware HEVC

My 670 works fine

It's not, you moron.

Tjat's right, you just have to wait guys, it will pay off in the end! Go AMD!

I never understood why having too much power at a certain point in time is bad. just means you dont have to worry about future games

Wait fagging is pointless when there is a secondary market. I flipped my 290 for $200. I'll flip my 1070 for $300 at some point.

S E V E N
D O T
F I V E

Without a doubt waitfags like me are the biggest winners here.

Plebs jump at every new thing all the time without thought.

7,5 what? I don't understand.

if anything, the GTX 1080 is the pointless one, it's not powerful enough for 4k and the 1070 can handle 1440p and 1080p@144hz just fine. The 1060/480 can handle 1080@60, that i agree.

This. There are like 4 games announced this year for dx12 and probably 4 more coming out next year. Enjoy 5 fps lower on those 8 indie titles! Haha haha haha. Meanwhile you'll be getting awesome fps on every other title coming out, mostly AAA games.

are you retarded?

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. If you can't answer, then you've proven yourself an imbecile.

8800GTX or 9700PRO take that reign

They lasted so damm long and were the first of their generation (DX9/DX10)

>Haha

The difference is minimal. Quit shitposting and buy whatever is in stock, no need to defend your favorite brand THIS HARD on a vietnamese cartoon forum.

I wouldn't even think of touching windows 10 just for dx 12. Fuck that shit not unless they learn to respect our privacy and release a more stable os.

Can people stop to refer to muh Vulkan? Like, Vulkan has hardly any games yet and the only ones it does are shit and look horrible despite it. DX12 will not kick off until Microsoft fixes W10 either. Developers wont risk losing half their sales over a shitty OS.

Very useful for people who want 1080 on almost ALL games on ultra with 60fps. Including new games that are to come.

what's the difference between brands like asus evga, gigabyte etc

I know evga has god tier customer support if you're from the US but I don't know anything about the others

they throw a more expensive cooler on top of the chip and then resell it to people

some of them are competent at doing this and some of them are not

vulkan works on every operating system, no reason not to use it

Nvidia can't into DX 12, Async, or HDMI colors. Yet it's the "best gpu". Fuck off

And AMD can't even beat Nvidia, how fucking bad can you be?

It's good, I like the 1060 better though.

>8800 GTX
Shit son, that was the greatest card I ever owned

Keep believing in that goyim. If that makes you sleep better.