Is there a need to install any other add-ons?

Is there a need to install any other add-ons?

Here's mine.

Replace ublock with ABP and it's perfect.

I use privacy badger instead of noscript.

Why?

You know you need to config NS and add additional filter subscriptions to ABP.

lol no

many sites counter ABP by blocking you back or bypassing it
UB is newer and ive not seen it countered yet.

>No random user agent

what's the extension on the bottom right?

Use the new logo for https everywhere

yes
>canvas fingerprint blocker
>scriptsafe (for google chrome)
>user-agent switcher
hide my ass web proxy is good to have also

NoScript is shit. Replace with uMatrix. HTTPS Everywhere is a meme and completely useless. I wish gorshill would make another awesome add-on so we could have the holy trinity of gorshill.

Please explain why noscript and https are bad

actual truth (also potentially replace https everywhere with greasemonkey)

because only retardeds hates JS.

HTTPS Everywhere

There you go

noscript is deprecated, use umatrix from now on.

ublock has been shit for me

as soon as I leave tab and come back the ads are there

Hello ABP shill spreading lies about ublock and ublock origin.

Coincidence detector. You absolutely need that.

>Replace ublock with ABP and it's perfect.

discounting the fact that adblock edge was the hardass fork that didn't want any of that bribe to get put on acceptable ads list and discontinued itself as soon as ublock was getting its final polishes

not to mention the 1~ seconds longer startup time which was directly measurable by people in about:healthreport after switching addons

>You know you need to config NS

whitelist mode ??? works fine after a few painful hours

>many sites counter ABP by blocking you back or bypassing it

they block through a bit of javascript to display or redirect to the block message, there's nothing inherent in ublock that prevents this than slightly more up to date anti-blocking lists (that adp may have a problem accepting or maintaining considering they take bribes to put ads on acceptable ads list)

with the same user configured and updated lists they'll for the most part be functionally identical

>Please explain why noscript

some memes about umatrix being made by gorshill ergo must be better

either way if you're a complete fuckstick like over here you should still be using noscript because it tends to have some of the better xss protection you'll find, better than chromes in some cases (especially if you're using firefox)

>adblock edge was the hardass fork that didn't want any of that bribe to get put on acceptable ads list
All edge did was hide the checkbox. Such an amazing fork, can't believe they discontinued.

Ggblocker, blocks anti gamergate websites like kotaku and the verge

THIS
/Thread

Yes, those are the three essentials, but there are some more that are complementary:
uMatrix (more fine-tuned sidegrade to NoScript)
AdNauseam (basically if uBlockO declared open warfare on ads)
Clean Links
InlineDisposition Reloaded
Decentraleyes
No Resource URI Leak (New!)
Secret Agent

Of course, using all these will make your browser more identifiable unless you take extra care to mitigate that so the trinity might be the best choice especially if one is using TBB.

>MVPS hosts
>Firefox
>>uBlock Origin
>>uMatrix

>AdNauseam
are you retarded?

What's wrong with AdNauseum? It's from the same people that made TrackMeNot and has all the functionality of uBlock Origin. If it doesn't slow your browser down enough to notice, I don't see a con for not using it.

How to use umatrix?

I honest to goodness can't understand how anyone can live without tree style tabs. How many tabs do you guys have open on your computer? Doesn't it get annoying having to scroll horizontally over the fat chunk they take up and searching for the one you want?

You tell me, OP. Still seems kinda bloaty to me.

uMatrix instead of noscript, other than that it's good.

Doesn't replace https everywhere though.

huh

Ha, these are the 3 I install when I use the public computers at my university's library.

I don't keep enough open at once that I need to scroll horizontally. If I do its because I opened a bunch for some task I have in progress, and I close them as I deal with them.

organize your shit, baka. if you wanna save more shit than you can fit for later, bookmark it.

Does tree style tabs work with e10s? I can't use Firefox without e10s any more.

are you dumb?

>no random agent spoofer
shit list OP

>captcha: tard opus=

>HTTPSEverywhere
>Privacy Badger
>UblockO

R8

I don't see a pro for using that instead of uBO

Why do you need noscript and ublock?

If you use ublock in advanced mode, it acts just like noscript.

So you will have holy trinity of adware addons in disguise.

uMatrix only block by domain, it cannot block by url or hide shit by css selector like uBlock does.

I rarely have more than 10 at once. Never understand retards who keep tabs that they don't need anymore.

>noscript

>How many tabs do you guys have open on your computer?

Tree Style Tabs.

>not using Vimperator

Treestyletab, Noscript + Greasemonkey, Pentadactyl/Vimperator

>what year
2016. And I always laugh when I tear down the "You're using adblock you pig!" shit from the javascripts.
No need to use adblock. Just block the JS. And if you need it, modify it. That's it.

Does it support extensions?
Can I rice the UI?

O
P
E
R
A

Privacy Badger.
Cookie Monster.

I use a combo of NoScript, uBlock Origin, and uMatrix (which is a Request Policy, not a NoScript replacement).

I also use Privacy Badger and https everywhere.

Why do people even use noscript?
YOUR BROWSER CAN ALREADY DISABLE SCRIPTS

No to all but it has all three of those extensions built in. It's a young browser and it does what I need. I would wait for later versions. You can't even change the search engine yet (you're stuck with cuckcuckgo and google).

NoScript gives you finer grained control over script/plugin policy and has some XSS protection.

vimium/vimfx

I find thumbnailzoomplus to be essential

I only use uBlock origin.
is this bad?
why are uMatrix or NoScript considered essential?
I use a VPN (which I have to turn off for Sup Forums go figure)

>NoScript considered essentia
well it's pretty simple.
99.9% of malware comes from javascript exploits. so by visiting random sites with javascript enabled..well, you're letting the flood gates open, user.

uMatrix is just another version of noScript.

I use loonix though
I was told this OS is unaffected by malware

I use the same thing.

uMatrix is not a replacement for NoScript, but they do overlap in some functionality.

umatrix shits all over noscript in terms of functionality and usability.

Yes

I don't use noscript because it blocks fucking EVERYTHING and I don't want to take the time to manually set what's good.

What's a good NoScript alternative for Chrome? I'm just using uBlock Origin right now, uMatrix seemed confusing.

I disabled a shitload of web 3.0 features over the years and now some websites don't even work

Umatrix replaced all of these.

Rate/hate

Also, has anyone's 4chanx stopped working?

>ABP

no

What's wrong with ABP now? I rarely Sup Forums.

uBlock Origin is way lighter on your resources, and it doesn't have the "allowed ads" bullshit.

There's no reason to use ABP anymore.

Switching now

>no greasemonkey for Sup Forums x

Has yours stopped working?

Yeah if you like to run custom CSS

How do I use uMatrix as efficiently as possible?

Coincidence detector.

where do i even find scripts for gm? does any community make a mega privacy lists and stuff like that?

>Coincidence detector
do you know of any list that explicitly states what scripts exactly allow for functionality on certain cites? i get tired of toying with it on different sites and say fuck it and allow all temporarily often. it would be sweet to have a community share what is what in terms of which scripts do what per site

replace noscript with umatrix

it has turned to shit, a lot of default its default bindings are not working out of the box, using vimfx currently which doesn't have half the features but at least its bug free and lighter on the browser

What do they do?

works for me

You need GreaseMonkey/TamperMonkey for userscripts to make Reek's Anti-Adblock Killer work properly (the block list is only half the solution).

>or just enable it from ublock origin 3rd party filters

ScriptSafe.

I don't get it? What the fuck are you actually blocking? Do you use a tinfoil hat as well?

>not separating parent scripts
but yeah they got us

Yes, firefox has many poor design decisions that are remedied by add ons

Those are currently ALLOWED because they need to be.

why wouldn't they be allowed?

Blocking on protocol level, eh?
I'm not THAT hardcore... yet.

desu its kind of bitchy bc then i have to do it everytime for each new site, but after awhile with repeat visits its work it, for instance at my uni they provide microsoft 365 for free, now i when i use it a lot more quick bc i dont allow the ads and warning about trying to get me to pay for shit or about almost full space
do you know if there is any "mega list" of scripts adn descriptions for major sites regarding no script? it would be cool if there was more community cohesion regarding that kind of thing,but i saw that even with firefox ~40% of people dont use any extensions