Why can't freetards into design?

Why can't freetards into design?

>acerca de KDE
I dig those icons though

Why are you baiting?

>windows 10 good design
costanza_baseball.jpg

Why are you baiting harder?
That screenshot is a mess of different styles and lacks consistency.

Neither can Microsoft, W10 is a fucking inconsistent mess.

Are you trying to prove OP right? This looks horrible.

>Using a Linux screenshot from when Windows looked like picture related
lowqualitybait.png

OP is a faggot

But Windows improved its design, shows that Linux hasn't and probably never will

bait/10

a real winbabby could've find something better.

>changed icons and UI
>"never changed"
K E K
E
K

Even back then there was a clear winner.

>Linux is a CLI first environment
>X11 is old as fuck
>formFOSS keeps UI development fragmented and unfocused

Take your pick really

now I realize where :^) came from

You're pretty new then?

OSX 10.0 wasn't released until 2001, so you're going to have to use MacOS 9 here.

>Metro
>An improvement over classic linux
End yourself, please.

yeah, you must be here all the time.

That's the preview which was still in the works. But nonetheless still was out there.

why can't proprietaryfags into functionality over form?

>steam
comment disregarded.

>proprietaryfags
>steam
are you even trying?

Form and function work together.

literally only proprietary package on my comp other than intel microcode. Its not like I actually play games on it, only for chat

>not utilizing form for extra functionality
>instead sticks to ugly form

That question is not stupid, although you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

hi

Also, good to see linux can only look good when it tries to immitate macOS. Pretty sure the DE doesn't feel as great as macOS to use either.

DE?
Theme?

I dunno, why are the top two images so blurry?

I have all the functionality I need in my terminal
gets shit done faster and it's a hell of a lot more convenient then having to navigate through menus
self tiling is more efficient space wise and more functional

is your life really that pathetic and your time really that worthless ? i feel really sorry for you

Isn't steam chat just XMPP?

Every single screenshot ITT shows design issues. This is not just a freetard problem.

>KDE 2
>2016
You used all your 97 IQ for your OC, haven't you dumbshit winpooinloo?

what DE senpai?

literally look at the file name

waddup dis da new desktop bread?

C R I N G E D

It's not mine but I think it's Arc-Shadow and the icons are some Mac clones

MS isn't to bad, but if you look closely you'll find a ton of stuff which could have been done way better.

>but if you look closely
are you blind that you need to "look closely"?

What outstanding issues does it have? It's easy to use and you don't have to touch the command line. What more could you want.

Being able to touch the command line.

Pinnacle of Mac design.

gross

No DE
Awesome WM

DE is gnome

I miss Windows Classic. So much more efficient. ;_;

>macOS
get the fuck off of this board summerfag

check em

>tfw been on Sup Forums for years
>gets called a summerfag
ok.

You first

this was my screenshot, though i moved to kde plasma
the de is GNOME, icon theme is la capitaine and the gtk theme is arc osx

>KDE 2
>2016

that first laptop makes me moist

>Plasma 5.1
>2016

People have actually thought and written about this. You should read The Cathedral an the Bazaar. If someone is in a situation where they can't get access to it, maybe I can find a PDF, but please google around first before asking.

The gist is that bottom up development doesn't seem to lend itself to lots of high level design work. By "design" I don't mean shiny interfaces, but rather the top level planning that needs to happen before you start implementing stuff.

I think there's something to this argument. If you ask the people that maintain GIMP or other open source projects what kind of user studies they run, I'm not sure what kind of answer you'll get. Do they even do usability studies? Do they do GOMS? Do they do heuristic evaluation? Are the results of these processes publicly available?

I suspect that a lot of the problems with GIMP's usability stem from lots of engineers working like ants on lots of bite-sized problems, but very few people thinking about what users want to do, the cognitive load that they take on when searching for the tools they need, etc; as an example of a really useful quantitative assessment of how easy to use a system is, people could be giving NASA-TLX surveys to participants to see which tasks are frustrating or stressful (a factor that's independent of "time to complete a task" (e.g. GOMS).

To be clear, these are all tools that people should be using, and I can say with certainty that Adobe are using these tools to inform the development of Photoshop et al., but it's really unclear that the people behind GIMP are. And given that the GIMP development process is open and ostensibly transparent, that leads me to think there's nothing going on in that regard.

So the tl;dr maybe is that open source tends to go hand in hand with egalitarian structures, and when everyone is equal everyone seems to have to have a say in what to do next, and that's bad for big picture planning.

Old KDE's where the fucking best looking ones ever, also, Metro? Fuck, Windows classic forever.

The only aesthetically pleasing thing in that picture is the wallpaper. The UI elements themselves are completely hideous.