Is there any reason to use BSD?

Is there any reason to use BSD?

photo unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/60.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not counting things like firewalls, or fridges, that is. I'm talking about using BSD as a daily driver

Ports system.
You can find one in Gentoo and Arch though

Who is this filthy whore?

Paige

Unless you're a Unix purist, there's no reason to use BSD

it has good docs

especially openbsd and freebsd

This. So many Linux distros rely on your internet working for a good documentation when much of the time networking is what you need documentation on.

No. Unless you're too hip for linux and want to be super edgy. Just saying. it has horrible driver support and just no reason.

Not hating. If you enjoy it and works for you. Then fine.

my thinkpad works beautifully on OpenBSD.

bsd = linux^2

UNIX hasn't been pure for decades.

If your hardware supports it, BSD, any of them, are FANTASTIC. I use linux like 90% of the time, but the way BSDs are designed is so much more sane, comfy, and understandable.

I use linux for the superior hardware support. But I use ksh and cwm, like openbsd.

if someone ported the entire openbsd userland to linux and made it into a usable distro i'd use it on shit that can't run openbsd

you like code cleanliness or historical context, you like experiencing new platforms, you want to use ZFS on a desktop or some shit

all operating systems do the same shit nowadays, just pick what excites you the most and get over the fanboy wars bullshit

openbsd.org/60.html
im so glad theo's VAX died

that's probably why we're getting releases much earlier now

>sane, comfy, and understandable
That's right.

I'm a lesbian and she's fucking ugly. OP, you have low ass standards.

Thinkpads are notorious for their linux driver support, thats invalid

I agree. Posting women in the OP, on Sup Forums, should be a bannable offense.

Your opinion

Also you know the deal, post tits or gtfo.

>it has horrible driver support and just no reason.
WAAAH IT HAS POOR DRIVER SUPPORT SO THE ONLY REASON TO UZE IT IS IF YOU WANT TOO BEE EDGEEY

Are you retarded?