O_O

o_O

really makes u think...

also hi jordan ヽ(^o^)

ohaio...

>made in philippines
no surprise

What happens if you connect them to the same router?

you create a perpetual motion machine.

but you wont be allowed to patent it.

U can try it yourself with a VM or by spoofing a MAC address of another rig on your network.

Turn in your findings to the usual location, worth 10 points.

This is probably common

I don't have a mac address because I use a PC

good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

Sign me the f*ck UP

kys namefag

you're worst than sol

@55774600
pls don't bully jordan he's cool

It would be extremly painful

they race each other

Manufacturers reuse MAC addresses all the fucking time, especially ones that only have one OUI allocated from IANA. MACs technically only need to be unique per broadcast domain, so having two devices in the same segment with identical MACs is extremely rare

saved

>extremely rare
unless you buy a batch of them, specifically in order to create such a domain.

Go back to literal cock sucker

for you

>currently work for major computer corporation
>some company buys over 8,000 of our units in waves for a mass deployment
>over time superiors notice spike in support calls from this company
>all network issues
>start investigating with supply chain
>find out that someone at the factory fucked up when the units were being configured and built
>as a result nearly 30% of the units sent to this company were all given the same MAC address

kek

That's only if there's a fuck-up in the manufacturing process. They typically just keep 1-upping the numbers as they roll off the assembly line. People tend to think that MACs are globally unique for each and every device though. Once the manufacture uses up their entire IANA allocation they usually just start over back at 0.

Wait, wasn't the point of OPs pic that he somehow bought 2 cards with the same mac? I know they don't have to be unique in the long run, but that shouldn't happen to a common customer.

Most "common customers" think MACs are globally unique identifiers for a card/device, like a serial number. People who buy lots and lots of networking equipment know that manufacturers are lazy, cheap, and incompetent when it comes to this sort of thing