Switching to android

I just switched to Android from IOS, can anyone recommend some apps? The Gmail app crashes when I add my openmailbox account.

So far this is a frustrating experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_Ricing
androidpit.com/this-is-why-you-should-not-use-es-file-explorer
androidauthority.com/uninstall-es-file-explorer-691930/
tech.slashdot.org/story/16/05/10/1816225/latest-update-to-es-file-explorer-android-app-brings-adware-to-your-lockscreen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just use gmail and stop having frustrations then you fag

>MUH BOTNET!!!!!!

kys

kys

pokemon go

got it.

aquamail is the best android email client.

welcome to lagdroid

Here we go
>AndroIRC
>Clover
>Doze settings editor
>Flux
>Kernel Adiutor
>Klwp
>Kwgt
>MX player
>Shuttle
>Nova launcher
>Root explorer
>Tugabrowser

Root

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_Ricing

is KingRoot safe? And how can I make sure I remove the spyware when Im done using it?

>putting government spyware on your phone

gas urself my man

all these apps are for fat nerds

its botnet

Inbox, Firefox for add-ons, any of the John Emulators, SuperSU and Titanium Backup Pro, Phonograph/PowerAmp/Foobar2000 for music, Messenger and Google Keyboard. Look up how to root the device you bought, and flash AOSP or CyanogenMod then get Xposed.

only way to root i can see is with kingroot. xda has a page for an older version of the phone but mine has a different cpu

K9 Mail

What phone did you buy?

>being this paranoid

BLU Vivo Air LTE. It was on super mega amazon prime deal of the century sale. 50$

You got the version with ads, then?

nonono thats a different phone. this one is just on stock 5.0

kys

Sup Forums is built mainly from fat nerds and fucking freetards so what's wrong?

this

this is the home screen so far.

>have a successful conversation with a 10/10 chick
>about to be allowed to put your benis in her vegina in a few mins
>you plug out your phone to check a text
>put it on the table with the homescreen up
>she sees your homescreen
>"oh user I thick I got a headache, gotta go bye"

why

thicc

Weeaboo fuck

thicccc

Pokemon GO[spoiler]y[/spoiler] is linked to Google, and is used to actively spy on people. Fuck off back to Plebbit you mac-using faggot.

Also, I haven't seen one mention of F-Droid yet.

Download fdroid and from there install lightning browser, face slim, qksms, leafpic, amaze, vlc, clover, k9 mail. From the playstore get wps office, flamingo for twitter.

there isn't a single email app for Android that come close to the stock ISO email app.

You will try gmail, k9, aquamail, etc, and they will all suck.

It's shockingly terrible if you use your phone for business of any kind.

What do you expect? It magically works?

yeah like how the iphone does.

>worried about an app spying on you
>uses a smartphone, connected to a google account, using Google OS
top kek

>he doesn't use inbox
The stock iOS email app is a piece of shit.

bump

atomic is objectively better than androirc

avoid gmail/google inbox and just use stock e-mail client that comes with your device, stock e-mail app is goat

Growlr

>grindrfags please go

What iPhone did you even switch from?

Scruff is objectively better than both.

>Launcher
Nova, Apex or Smart Launcher
>Calendar
aCalendar
>Browser
Chrome or Firefox depending on which one you use on desktop.
>Image Viewer
QuickPic
>Music
BlackPlayer
>General Management
AirDroid
>Keyboard
Google Keyboard, SwiftKey or Blackberry keyboard
>Email
GMail or Aqua Mail
>Texting
Textra
>Videos
VLC
>Dialer / Contacts
True Phone
>Password Manager
LastPass

Also, lurk homescreen threads for ideas, and /wg/ for wallpapers.

Mostly decent, but a few corrections.
Browser should be limited to one of the CAF snapdragon chromium browsers. If you're a freetard then use lightning or naked.

For music black player is decent, but I've found shuttle and Poweramp to both be a little better.

Keyboard should be limited to google keyboard. Ever since the last few updates it is God tier.

Videos should all be watched using MX player.

holy shit this so much.

>Google keyboard is god tier

The prediction and gesture typing is still not as good as Swiftkey, and it's kind of heavy on resources (96B of RAM running in background? Google pls)

Poweramp's good, but personally liked Blackplayer better.

I might have to give the Google Keyboard a try for a week or two to see how it is, then.
I moved over from Windows Phone, and was surprised how poor and unresponsive all the keyboards on iPhones and Android felt. It's the one shining feature of Windows Phones I miss.
So far the closest I've found to WP8.1's feel is a hacked Blackberry keyboard that runs on non-Blackberry devices.

Will go try out MX player, though.

You can use SuperSUme to get rid of the KingRoot shit

>heavy on resources
Is 96mb of ram really a large issue for you?
My phone has 3gb ram and I pretty much never have any intensive or demanding apps open, so my ram is generally pretty low.
Google keyboard is also amazing not for the gesture typing, but because it has 1 handed mode, cursor movement from the Spacebar, adjustable height, and customizable themes (colors or your own picture).

>File manager
ES File Explorer

>Media player
MX Player

>Photo viewer
FOTO

>Camera
Open Camera

>Download manager
ADM

>CPU monitor
CPU stats

>Battery monitor
Battery

>Notepad
Fast Notepad

>Data monitor
Internet Speed Meter

>e-Book reader
Moon+ Reader

>Web browser for slow internet
Opera Mini

>WiFi-direct sharing
Superbeam

>Archiver
ZArchiver

>Torrent client
zetaTorrent

>Launcher
Nova launcher

Chrome (latest version)
Google Maps (latest version)
Youtube (latest version)
Google keyboard (latest version)

Clover (from f-droid)

Almost forgot OP; Download the Gentex youtube downloader from github if you want something to easily download youtube videos with.

>File manager
>ES File explorer
no, this shit is chinese malware now. Use root explorer or amaze instead.

>Camera
Anything besides the stock camera his phone comes with will be worse quality.

>torrent client
Flud

>no, this shit is chinese malware now.
Proof?

>Anything besides the stock camera his phone comes with will be worse quality.
Wrong, Open Camera is like the stock camera but with more advance options like locking exposure and has more scene modes. It can make better pictures than any stock camera app every will.

>Flud
I was gonna recommend it but it crashed on me on random torrents and one time completely froze up. zetatorrent has never given me any problems since I started using it a few months ago which is why I highly recommend it.

androidpit.com/this-is-why-you-should-not-use-es-file-explorer
androidauthority.com/uninstall-es-file-explorer-691930/
tech.slashdot.org/story/16/05/10/1816225/latest-update-to-es-file-explorer-android-app-brings-adware-to-your-lockscreen

I wasn't aware that open camera worked that way. I'll give that a try if what you say is true.

As for flud I've found most torrent clients to provide variable experiences to different people. Flud has worked perfectly for me, although the amount I torrent on my phone is very little.

is there a way to enable wifi calling in android? It worked on my iPhone but the setting is missing in lolipop.

welcome to 2011

There are recommended apps in the sticky.

They all blow

whats wrong with Firefox?

whats the best internet browser?

Firefox is really slow on android for some reason.
The biggest benefit from using it is the addon support, but there are many other browsers that come with built in ad blocking which is the most common add on used with the android version of firefox.

like which ones?

Check if your phone has a snapdragon soc. If it does, you should look into tuga browser.

If it doesn't, then look into lightning browser, which is an extremely light weight and aesthetic open source browser with built in ad blocking.

Naked browser is for people who have an autistic amount of hate for bloat as it is literally the most minimal browser you can get, but the ui is disgusting.

The first 2 browsers I mentioned have adblocking, and tuga has a built in night mode also.

Aqua mail or k9 mail and why?

ok thanks for the suggestions m8

damn, buttgirl

disregard lightning as the latest update fucked it

>that definition for ricing
wtf no, it has to do with tricking your phone out like Asian people and their cars (or 'ricers')

I haven't used it in quite some time. What's wrong with it now?

newrst update turned it into a buggy mess that hardly works and crashes constantly

damn shame

Naked supports block lists too