Guts thread?

Guts thread.

i7 4790k
R9 Nano
16gb Corsair Ram 2400mhz
Corsair 600w PSU

you opened the wrong side of your computer

Did I? ITX form factor.

you set a fan curve for those 3000 rpm fans?

they are jet engines

Yeah, 3000rpm.

Hi

is haswell still good? thinking about getting a i5 4690k to replace my fx 6300

lan party on the weekend lads

For the price of a new mobo added in get ddr4 and a recent CPU while you are at it. It isn't much better but there really is no reason not to.

iPPC sure is popular here.
4690K and 6600K perform about the same. 7600K should be out this year.

hope those aren't idle temps

Hardly

Same fagging.

Guys where the fuck can I buy a gtx 1060 because newegg is sold out. Help.

It is all nice except those 2 cables not using the closest grommet

Right now haswell would be a good bet. Similar to Skylake in performance however cheaper ram and motherboards.

Go to any one of 40 other gpu threads

Which two? The pcie power connectors?

>cheaper ram and motherboards
Not really true, motherboards are similar cost and RAM is basically identical and in some cases DDR4 is even cheaper.

Hmmm seems you're right.

not really because you would have to buy completely new ram if you already had a ddr3 board

Yeah the pcie cables and the unused fan header

Does it not reach across the back? Maybe get an extension

The unused fan header is used for the fan on my case door. So I should run the cables on top of my GPU?

Budget >z97
Future proof >z170

I'd save up and go z170 which will have another generation to upgrade to and ddr4 forever

I meant the ones peeking out from behind the motherboard tray.

Gpu power is good as is

I cleaned up the wiring since this pic.

i literally just typed gtx 1060 sc into google and it gave me a few options to buy from. we're not exactly starved for gpus, friendo

How is the experience with the reference card? I'm really afraid of purchasing it.

I want to get the 4GB but it's fucking nowhere

>but mom I need a full tower

I upgraded to the rx 480 from the amd HD 6670 so for me This is a great upgrade. I recommend a good airflow because it gets warm pretty quickly. I've only had problems with ac4 further, it is fucking great. If you dont let the fan get above 2550rpm it is pretty much silent. great buy

First build. Working great so far, save for a windows update that refuses to install and forces me to wait every few reboots, and a slightly misaligned mobo due to standoffs moving with the screws.

I bought the wrong motherboard

move the exhaust fans to intake you'll get slightly better temps and less dust in the long run
also turn off flash and lower your camera's ISO

did someone say Guts thread?

>AMD
>getting warm
Nothing special here, move along.

The fan at the back of the case is an intake. I thought about making it an exhaust fan because it takes the warm air in. Smart idea?

enjoy your bent processor, famalam

4.2ghz for the 6600k
+150mhz core, +500mhz memory for the 970

B-but it's only slightly misaligned near the top of the io shield. Surely the cpu couldn't be damaged that badly, r-right?

Does the lighting on the Strix cards sync with the mobo yet?

>Fractal Define R5
>i7 6800k @4.2
>EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
>ASRock X99 Extreme4
>32 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 (CL 12 tho)
>Corsair RM850X
>250 GB Samsung 850 evo
>2TB WD blue
>scavenged blu ray drive

because fuck clearance

nice man cant wait to lug my computer to one.
oh god that clearance.

So you were too dumb to read the specs? You deserve it.

Having used a Noctua cooler in the past and being familiar with their fan clips, and especially seeing as how you don't have a backplate, you may want to wrap those fan clips in electrical tape so they don't accidentally short out your gpu if you bump your case.

No i didnt see the M for mini

From what I can see his GPU has a backplate - I think he's alright.

So you're not too dumb to read the specs, you're just too dumb to read them correctly? Okay, that works too.

This guy

Is that a sound card at the bottom?

wireless adapter

specs.

Mastercase 5 or Phantex Enthoo Evolv?

>4.4
Nobody cares no reason to put clock speed

>guts thread
I mean not like people literally posted there specs in comments. Just cause you dont care doesn't mean others dont.

Point me to another person in this thread that made a completely new post entirely dedicated to their speccy just to paint out the clock speed and draw their own

don't bother with him
being a retard is standard tripfag behavior

you mean cause I didn't post the specs with my post you are being rude? Cause literally posted a comment dedicated to his speed.

>ur being a meanie >:(

Oh man got me so good. Your being triggered by a post with numbers man.

OP here, Mastercase has a bigger window, I'd go with that if you're into showing your insides but as far as an overall case goes, I like the enthoo evolv.

>those specs
>1600x900

wat

it's okay i'm here, we can start the thread now.

r8/h8

What is this case? Considering migrating stuff from my SG05 to this.

Eh. I'll get a proper monitor soon, this is just a re purposed tv.

Gotta make room for that 3.5 ya' know?

waiting for my 1070 though

So I just bought a gtx 1080 and now I don't know what to do with my old gtx 770. Is a dedicated physx card something i could do on a 750W psu or whats a good place to sell used gpus?

itx

yep

Intel 6800K
GTX 1080
32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4
RAID1 - 2 - 512 GB SSD Samsung.
OS - 1 512 GB SSD - Samsung

Almost the same build senpai.

dude WHY 1070. 1080 is so much better for the price

Too bad 1 1080 will beat both of your SLI 980s

Those are 980 Ti a single 1080 isn't that good.

I wouldn't--it's great for an HTPC, but that case literally only has two mounting points for 2.5" drives.

I'd either stick with you have, or go for the RVZ02/ML08, that give you a few more options.

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble user but no

1 1080 wont beat 980ti's sli. it'll be relatively close and of course its better to have 1 powerful card over 2 lesser sli

Absolutely not. Not even 980ti. SLI bridge is a bottleneck. Cards performance doesn't stack linearly and 1080 is almost double 980's performance.

Nope.

>relatively close
Not even, GTX 1080 gets 30fps in the witcher 3 at 4k, I get a solid 60 with hariworks on as long as I have anti aliasing on

>On
My fingers do what they want, I meant off

That's because of the pixel fill rate. You can't output proc from 2 cards to 1 port. No way. The data has to go back over the bridge. A long ass bus. SLI is a scam

>i get

nice sample size

I'm aware of that, which is why I'm waiting for the 1080ti or whatever AMD offers until I actually do anything.

>waiting for amd

waiting for the inevitable letdown like usual

I wasn't aware that I was supposed to ask a larger group of people about the performance of my PC

If the bridge was the real problem they would have gone the same route as AMD, Multi GPU just doesn't scale that well.

It's a node 202.

As far as storage goes you're right but there are ways to mitigate it. 2.5in HDD 1tb will work well in there paired with a m.2 ssd and you're looking at a capable rig. Not everyone needs mass amounts of storage.

Because 780 and 980 were the worst cards to buy from gens. Will prolly get 1080ti when it launches

Have you cleaned up your shitty attitude too?

4/10 - you tried.

6/10 pretty ugly