Can you actually get arrested if Windows 10 reports you have illegal content?

Can you actually get arrested if Windows 10 reports you have illegal content?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz
avclub.com/article/two-people-actually-got-arrested-pirating-expendab-212342
torrentfreak.com/police-arrest-19-for-anime-and-movie-piracy-140303/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction
systemoverlord.com/2015/08/16/so-is-windows-10-spying-on-you/
privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

Government agencies use data from surveillance efforts to drive what they call "parallel construction."

>Torrent movies
>MS blows whistle
>Get arrested

C U C K E D

if you live in the us where data caps are a thing and you get thrown to jail for opening a torrent client, yeah sure

More like poo in loo'd

Downloading copyrighted material isn't a crime. You can't get arrested for piracy. You can be sued by the copyright owner, though.

Thanks to the rise in smartphones in the UK online piracy has spiked, been at it 10 years and never had any warnings or anything.

>Downloading copyrighted material isn't a crime
It's considered fraud.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz

>year of Yahweh, 5776
>not using a Qubes VM for all your illegal activities
you deserve to get v&

avclub.com/article/two-people-actually-got-arrested-pirating-expendab-212342

torrentfreak.com/police-arrest-19-for-anime-and-movie-piracy-140303/

they don't call it Windows 10: Prison Edition for nothing. I'm guessing it auto-searches for anything on any network shares or drives as well.

Fuck you Microsoft, Linux 4 lyphe

Name me one example of this happening ever, fuckface.

Protip:You can't. Because thinking Microsoft cares is pure delusion.

So now we're going to worry about things user "guesses" Windows does on top of the things user presumes Windows does, the things user understands Windows does and the things user knows Windows does.

We never have enough reasons to panick , do we? Gotta make them up now.

Do you think Microsoft would allow the FBI to print a headline saying "CRIMINAL ARRESTED, WINDOWS 10 CREDITED FOR BUST, PhotoDNA STRIKES AGAIN"?

>I'm guessing it auto-searches for anything on any network shares or drives as well.
You are correct. I've witnessed this very behavior in a Windows VM on Linux, using Etherape. Lot's of interesting things going on with this shit, desu. I wouldn't want to be on metered internet and running Windows these days is all I'm going to say.

Well it's a closed source OS that's the point

You don't know what it does.

Even if you do reverse engineer core parts of underlying OS functions they can easily change it in next month's update to make it a secret again.

>parallel construction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction

systemoverlord.com/2015/08/16/so-is-windows-10-spying-on-you/

>freetards will ignore this or pretend it doesn't exist and go back to circlejerking over their SELinux NSA OS

microsoft shill cuck

I wonder what day it was when the had the board meeting to decide Windows 10 would be "Freemium". I mean it's not like 99% of consumers of than gamers and "enthusiasts" ever buy a Windows license not included with their plastic HP bestbuy laptop anyway. And Enterprise users still pay full price anyway.

I mean their goal was to increase OS adoption rates so why not, you know, make the OS better? Not slap a crappy UI over Window 8 and then claim a Billion install will happen including Xbox one sales and underhanded forced upgrades.

Grandmas all over the world are waking up to having Windows 10 installed and assuming they got a virus. Poor people.

From a programming standpoint it's easily done if you have the system in place. For example, think of reverse image search. Or look at YouTube. Notice how when you upload a video it knows if it's copyrighted material, unless you heavily modify it which ruins the video, but makes it harder to analyze. They're getting better at that too though.

From a business standpoint it's suicide. Even with all the under the table money the government gives these companies, it's not worth it to this extent because they'll lose a majority of their customers. If not all, quite frankly. I'm not saying everyone is a criminal, but think about that time you downloaded a crack for a program or something that you later delete or whatever it may be.

It's also bad for them in general. Because while people care about privacy, they don't care enough to listen to freetards and install ganoo slash lihnux. However, if it comes to the point where they're analyzing your computer's content and actually arresting you... Then even the biggest Linux hater will move to it. This is the best marketing for Linux in years. Like how so many people went to Apple because of Windows Vista.

In short, easily done, but company suicide. I do mean company, by the way, not just Windows. No one will trust them.

Read the EULA, it says it's doing all those things.

>systemoverlord.com/2015/08/16/so-is-windows-10-spying-on-you/
>Oh wow! This shit-heel is vastly more credible than that free-tard.

The FBI doesn't print headlines, news outlets does. I know that to you, all.of this is just "The Man", but in the adult world, they're too different things. And if the FBI leaks that Microsoft helped them solve a case, Microsoft can't do shit about it. It's not libelous in any way.

>a freetard has pretended this doesnt exists

Thanks for proving my point.

That's the search indexer sir. It indexes file names, paths and file types.

Back to cuckshed, microcuckold. There are reasons why winPOO 10 users are blocked in IRC channels and many trackers

If you're point is that you're wrong, then yes, I have proved that.

kat.cr
>applel gets the owner's info
>gives it to fbi
>fbi goes to europstan to make arrest
>kat.cr gone and replaced with honeypots
Yeah, this is totally never going to happen user.

Just a friendly reminder

this is what people who are so dumb they shouldn't be allowed to use computers think

Yes, it's closed source. That doesn't make you above the whole "verified facts" things when you make claims about what it does. Inspiring fear with unverifiable claims is a method of mass manipulation.

>sell someone else's software
>make hundreds of thousands of dollars
>users get counterfeit product
>expect to not be sued

Go fuck yourself. Good for MS.

Yes, you can. Just like you can be arrested for posting on Sup Forums due to the Patriot Act.

Will you? No.

The EULA AND several Microsoft television ads plainly state that you have ZERO privacy under Windows 10.

>Mount damage control

hahaha go shit in the street assblusted hindu nuffin.

>be winpoo 10 user
>have never had any issues with any IRC or any trackers

well ok then

>blocked on trackers and IRC

damn Win10 is like pre-rooted isn't it.

>freetard has no response
>goes back to meme spewing

Thanks for proving you're full of shit.

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to disprove his claims, but if it’s as bad as suggested, reproducing it should’ve been possible, and I’ve been unable to reproduce it. I encourage others to try it as well – if enough of us do it, it should be possible to either confirm or strongly refute the original claims.

>"Give one example"
>Example given
>"Good for MS"
Damn these indians are getting really desperate, aren't they

#Rekt_and_burried

I watched it make a connection to Samba (Workgroup) everytime I've run the VM. I guess I could be wrong....

>samefagging THIS hard

lmao

Requiring facts to back up claims of invasion of privacy isn't shilling. Microsoft does.collect an excessive amount of personal data, but pretending to yourself that they review it on an individual basis to tattle to interpol is a whole other magnitude of dystopian fantasy.

Friendly reminder

I don't know, OP. Can you actually get arrested if FBI finds cp on your computer? Can you actually get arrested for murdering someone? Can you actually get arrested for being a faggot? The answer to all questions is yes.

He tapped into a running line to pirate
He was charged for tapping in

>Gets BTFO in own argument, can't argue
>S-samefag
How cucked are you?

it's bad enough that Windows security is a joke, but now they're recording everything you, and how long you do it for to send to the NSA, you know, for national security.

you don't have anything to hide do you user?

>but pretending to yourself that they review it on an individual basis to tattle to interpol is a whole other magnitude of dystopian fantasy.
They pat themselves on the back for doing this in one of their recent commercials, you dingus.

Linux is a hacking tool and anyone that uses it needs to be arrested ;)

Fine print says they're spying on you

"gaiz dey aren't spying on you"

okay

Sue me :^)

>you don't have anything to hide do you user?
Says Bubba just before he pulls your prison jumpsuit off and commits his twenty-third, violent act of sodomy.

Everyone knows winshit is spying on you. People that deny this are just assflustered cuckold trying to defend their pooinloo OS

I don't consider rudimentary, non-intrusive data collection for my benefit "spying"

Yes, ofc.

>phones home to dozens of domains
>rudimentary
>for your benefit

hey i get, i really do. telemetry is great, they need to figure out how many millions of people have the latest virus or why their barren appstore apps crash constantly. I'm sure it's a real boon for them.

Freetards have STILL not provided a single real answer to this.

have fun "running" games in wine kek

>I didn’t see any traffic pertaining to these searches
>Nope. Not even close. I shut down the VM, started a new PCAP, restarted, and attached a webcam via USB forwarding in VirtualBox. After the drivers were fully installed, I shut down the system
>I saw nothing
>I’m not seeing it
Wow such a hot blog, sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>Guys, please I didn't see anything

Fuck off david

>Freetards have STILL not provided a single real answer to this.
You post a link to a shill, who is so aroused over Windows that he refuses to read the fucking public announcements Microsoft has made about their privacy conditions, and it's somehow the duty of Linux users to explain why he is wrong?

>Unfortunately, it’s impossible to disprove his claims, but if it’s as bad as suggested, reproducing it should’ve been possible, and I’ve been unable to reproduce it. I encourage others to try it as well – if enough of us do it, it should be possible to either confirm or strongly refute the original claims.

SELinux is open source so please provide me with the malicious code NSA planted. :^)

>answer
Where is the question you dumbshit faggot? Your blog is FULL of vague claims, has LITERALLY NO BACKING. Get the fuck if you can't at least pretend to read.

>I saw nothing, you'll see nothing
>Somehow it's a legit source now
What a joke hahahaha

put cp on your windows 10 and find out

>several thousand product activations

@55787476
Is copying/pasting the last resort indians have when get get cornered like this? How pathetic. LMAO

>Your blog is FULL of vague claims, has LITERALLY NO BACKING.
So literally all freetard spying claims.

yes
microcucks on suicide watch

>spying claims.
EULA

>freetard's only "proof" is some document that he misinterpreted
>all actual tests prove all data sent is done for a purpose
ok kid

meant to link

privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

>Clearly states the private data can be collected
>misinterpreted
Sorry but no one takes your OC seriously, unpaid virgin. Some windows versions do not have those apps and you accept the same EULA

>no reddit!!

>can be

@55787651
>Can be
Oh sorry, are* collected

Go see

>are

Your blog is FULL of vague claims, has LITERALLY NO BACKING. Get the fuck if you can't at least pretend to read.

@55787704
telemetry.webm

ROFL

>80+ posts
>b-b-b-but spying!
>freetards cannot name a SINGLE instance of any personal data being sent to MS
>"omg if you make an online purchase the store has to know you're real name! das spying!!!!!"
>every actual technical test and packet inspection proves freetards are full of shit

Stay BTFO.

No.
It's written into the constitution that you cannot go to jail for what microsoft reports.

Also, it was written into the Bill of Rights.

You're safe man ... you're safe.

Don't worry.

@55787744
Pajeets STILL cannot reply to hahaha

>omg searching the internet sends out packets!!
>SPYING!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Freetardism, not even once.

Yeah, because they'll fucking tell you that they did it.

Literally everything on Microsoft's servers can and is accessed by the NSA and similar agencies.

@55787821
>Sends out packets
>Not spied on data
There are people in denial, and there are microcuckolds in CHRONIC denial

_ _ _ _ again, Microcuck

NO! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA! NO! NO! NO! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA! NO! PROOF ME WRONG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>freetard has a mental breakdown when asked to provide even one instance or technical source of windows spying and not just spew conjecture or memes

Christ. I feel sorry for you.

I'm a freetard but using Windows 10 for the moment. If you want proofs, read their privacy policy. Most people don't read that shit

If you upload stuff to MS's servers (using OneDrive, for example) then you can easily get busted for illegal content.
MS has automated mechanisms that detect certain stuff.

If you just use W10 with privacy settings at the lowest, then MS will still collect data about your usage (telemetry) that can be used against you, but it probably won't be enough to make a case on its own, you'll most likely need to be a suspect in the first place.

>cannot provide EVEN ONE INSTANCE or technical source of windows spying

ok kid

I'm a Windows 7 user, fuck face.

Lowest setting is actually anonymized.

Retards who go above that tier are the same morons who would plan murders or run drugs through Gmail.

Yeah. Source: I'm posting from San Quentin with an android phone I smuggled in through my "secret pocket"

I'm on my phone, sorry. I already told you to read their privacy policy. When I was setting up mail and shit in Windows 10 and making an account, there was a ton of things about advertisers and data. Go and see for yourself. If you can't face the truth, then leave this thread, it's shit anyway

I hope you haven't installed any optional updates. If you have you are basically running win10 with telemetry

Not him, but W10 collects usage data and it makes it clear. What more do you want?

>anonymized
So? You know how fucking easy it is to build a unique profile if you have enough info? (don't need much, that Basic stuff is enough)