Ask someone who has just installed windows 7 anything

Ask someone who has just installed windows 7 anything

Is getting Win10 the next step?

why

Windows 10 is literal trash. Install Vista, 8. Or 10 even, still better.

windows 7 is trash i meant to say

no
I have a Win 10 enterprise LTSB iso saved on one of my hard drives if I decide to install it for some reason. Only used it on a VM an on my laptop before to see if it was any better for me
>it wasnt
I have no benefits for using windows 10 and i dont feel like having to deal with its own problems (telemetry yaddayadda)

whoops showed the win7 folder instead

I just did too, downgrading from Windows 10 now that the free promo is over. Feels like a breath of fresh air desu

>clock is passing minutes as seconds

for some reason i couldn't upgrade to 10 even if I wanted to even after windows installed all those updates on its own
Now I set windows update to not install anything automatically and I select which updates do I want to install manually
feels good having control of my pc

Is it possible to install a fresh windows 7 install on a vm, upgrade it, and grab the key for use later when I feel like it on my real machine?

it really depends of the user's needs. stop thinking X its good for everything
Anons have said the key gets linked to your motherboard id or some shit like that, so i guess no.
just get a fresh win10 iso from someplace like i did

No, the activation would work in the VM but when you later tried it again on your real PC it would fail because it's based on the computer's hardware (i.e. the activation servers would be expecting the VM's hardware, not your real hardware).

windows 8 is literally just updated 7. It's not more specialized or anytihng.

Ah shit, well I guess my laptop could use a fresh reinstall of windows 7. I'll upgrade and nuke it later.

Im more used to use windows 7 since its the one used on my corporation's pcs and have been using it since it was released
>if it doenst break then dont change it

why are you using a horrible os? if you're stuck in the past get a copy of the best operating system of that time. Ubuntu 9.04.

>it really depends of the user's needs. stop thinking X its good for everything

windows 7 cuck detected

i conceive that your opinions are different than mine, but i dont think you are accepting my opinions
>stop liking what i dont like!!!!!1!
>REEEEE
>C U C K
>install gentoo :^ )

I also installed it on a VM.
Disabled most of the telemetry bullshit that I could find.
It was working all fine for some weeks and dandy and then suddenly it wasn't anymore.
It would take like 3 minutes to copypaste something from any Office program.

After trying to find the culprit in google there were so many candidates that it became unfeasible trying to isolate the cause.
All the "workarounds" and "fixes" in the first 5 googles pages had no effect at all.

Did you also have any performance issues?
I was wondering if it had something to do with VMware Workstation.

as far as i remember not really. everything worked correctly as long as it didnt used gpu-related stuff, like watching yt videos.
i disabled updates right from the first second too, that might have helped.
I didnt install much programs apart from firefox, just used it to see the differences and whatnot
than you for my (You) (OP) senpai

>install gentoo
lol i am running windows 10
ive used every windows since 95.
windows 8 was the worst with 7 being just behind.

Yeah, maybe some sneaky update got in and wrecked something.

So back to Win7 it is, then. It's very convenient that I never uninstalled it at least.

>
>>install gentoo
>lol i am running windows 10
>ive used every windows since 95.
>windows 8 was the worst with 7 being just behind.
You really liked the stability of windows 9x then.

Wondering if I should put W10 on my mom's shitty little hp.. it didn't come with any recovery media (no optical drive) so I'm wondering how I would roll it back if I upgraded just to have the license for it to transfer to a later computer.

>win7
>not using classic theme

Might have worse performance that win7, specially if the pc has 55791009
>not using classic theme
I like aero desu senpai tomodachi-kun

Ask someone who installed Ubuntu MATE to use over Win10 today anything.