/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

le meem edition

Old thread: New to /ptg/? Have an inquiry? Consult the wiki or the PDF before asking redundant questions
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
a.pomf.cat/ameuju.pdf

If you have a question check Google and if you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.

What.CD interview info: whatinterviewprep.com/ and the wiki

Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup:
pastebin.com/dD3cqWKc

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before
>staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>sneaky bastards will try to convince you into believing that cheating can be evaded, it can't and you will be banned with those bastards laughing at you
>people may report emails and other personal info posted here to staff to get you banned
>most of the invite offers here are people trolling you with false hope - begging for invites is a waste of time and you should just interview at What.cd

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/post/S53560595
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53577387
imdb.com/title/tt4117294/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

marked

second for anime

>via 9gag.com
Nice touch.

Asuka is a slut and you're a cuck. Dominant women are shit because they act like men, submissive girls like rei are true girls

> Guys how do I even begin getting into private trackers?
> how do I get recruited into other private trackers?
> I know a few sites only recruit every 4-6 months. Is there anyway to speed the process up after I get into what.cd?
> What is the bet tracker to download comicbooks and audiobooks and how do I get into it?

Thanks fa/g/gots.

W-I-K-I
I
K
I

>take wcd interview
>wait
>???
>all trackers

>hot af but underage

>
>*breaths in*

>Asuka is a slut

is not.

>boy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw can't find the irc after scouring the archive
>tfw no one will invite me to /pyramid/
I just want someplace where I can talk about shit without being uptight about everything

>KAT is down again
>TPB is still shit
How big of a circle-jerk is the private tracker "community"? I might have to finally get into this shit.

go read the wiki you nigger

I have you double nigger and there isn't a section dedicated to discussing how big of a cirlce jerk private trackers are.

Back after a 2 week vacation. Did I miss any happenings?

because they aren't you dumb piece of shit, now go do the whatcd interview or fuck off back to piratebay

Found the staffer. Suck my cock, you loser.

>you loser
hahaha reddit is the other way faggot

good seedbox hosts?

fucking kek 10/10 OP image

>he does it for free
/cuck general/ is the other way faggot :^)

How are you retards so easily baited? Aren't you supposed to just watch the thread?

>staff gives us dope sites
>wants to swear them off since he can't get invite
poor babby :^(

oh little man couldn't get in and now he's mad and thinks he's trolling us

Not even the person you were originally shitposting with. I've made PU in all the trackers I'm interested in.

Who do you staff for? WCD? Did you have to get permission before you were allowed to post? Pretty pathetic desu

>using the credentials of our ranking system to gain ethos
ironic :^)
good job friend!
keep it up

>hasn't refuted anything
Cool, how long have you been a cuck for WCD then?

>he actually thinks there's staff in this thread

How get 50 PTP uploads

they are not commenting but if you knew anything about private tracker you would know that there's probably more than one staffer watching this thread right at this very moment.

of course there are you retard

checked

you don't.... unless you choose to upload obscure content nobody will bother to snatch or you start making your own encodes.

They don't watch it retard, they setup watch filters to pick up on posts that mention trigger words like '312c' and 'cheat'

You just called a staffer of a very reputable pvt. tracker a "retard", your IP will be found and your ass will be roasted nigga. Get ready for the shitstorm.

do you think Elliot uses private trackers?

ptp is about as reputable as wikipedia

always changing the rules when convenient

Not if he's retarded enough to use uTorrent on fucking linux.

I joined AB, and actually like anime so that was great. Found out about MPC-HC w/madvr and started using that. tehc first legit movie tracker and found that it had pretty much what I wanted though I used it for select films due to buffer and then motw to help out.

Later I joined AHD/PTP. One question I have is how do you guys decide which encode to grab? and what benefits would you gain from downloading a remux if it really is just like a blu ray source? Isn't it preferable to get an encode from a group that has improved it a bit?

I download a variety of releases but in my comparison I don't usually find too large a difference so how do you guys decide?

feral

ZQ is probably one of the best encoder groups around. You're always guaranteed good quality with them.

Bollywood

I can't propagate curry in good conscience

get on my level plebians

Most of the times you'll get the best quality from a remux. Some releases though have flaws that encoders try to fix, so you'll have to keep an eye for that too. If you have enough space, go ahead and grab remuxes but bear in mind my warning.

If disk space is an issue, you'll have to compare screenshots. If you don't want to bother, there are a few encoder groups that are a safe bet, such as ZQ.

Whatever you decide, keep in mind that most small differences that you'll notice comparing screenshots aren't very important when you're actually watching the movie, you'll hardly notice them then.

Not the guy you're replying to.

Remuxes tend to be between 50-100% larger for no discernible difference during viewing. As far as I see you'd have to be autistic about archiving for remuxes to be worth it

>le meem edition

What the fuck is a meem? Go back to Plebit faggot.

Sure, it's a bit like storing FLACs, except you need way more disk space.

how do you know they act like that?

I recently joined Anime Torrents and Alpha ratio,feels good to be part of private trackers again.

dat bloat tho

AHD internals < HDB internals (with the exception of some viet encoders). AHD has quality yes but they thrive on unnecessary bloat.
Stop arguing about this, it's always been like this and it will probably remain that way.

>feels good about joining two low tier trackers
you would jizz your pants just by looking at the top of the /pyramid/

I used to be part of iptorrents but shit happens,and besides you have to start somewhere right?

Yify ftw. No bloat like dose ahd internals.
Am i rite? Ya

>besides you have to start somewhere right?

you sure do.
Keep it up man!

How do I make sure my isp never knows I download movies?
I have the browsing part down safely and I have a seed box... but I ssh my data from seedbox to home, they can see that IP... so I really need a separate VPN?

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>Yify
lol

should i use private trackers for popular stuff like vidyas or movies or its better to use public ones for that kind of stuff?

If you can, you should use private trackers for everything.

>Fleet and AVS win the Race for Mr. Robot

Fuck, now i have to wait until one of the not shit groups makes their own release

The goal is transparency.

Because he's typing stuff that looks like buzzwords.

Someone make sure they /mark/

send a staff pm on ab.

Too bad. It's pretty easy that way. Just upload encodes from desitorrents or hon3yhd (both closed atm) but you can find DDR releases from 1337x quite easily.

Anybody here use rutracker? It seems shady as fuck, is it safe?

yes its safe. everybody uses it.

Safe.

Beßer if you gavarishtch pa russkiy, tho.

It's the only russian thing i trust

why are all these OPs so bad

theyre all the same except for the pic

i mean the pictures

oh. well its probably because i made the last couple. :^)

>RIP good OP images
Agreed. Threads used to be comfy and funny like the btn give away
>pt1
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/post/S53560595
>pt.2
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53577387 (thread deleted by mods after AB fags came)

Seedhost.eu

>tfw a couple weeks of whatcucking pays off

>find a decent physical CD collection
>turns out most of the CDs are russian bootlegs but the quality is gud

Any experienced guy on whatcd know how they handle this? The rules say that bootlegs are allowed if they meet quality standarts.

Do you mean bootlegs of official releases? What formats are they in?

Bootlegs of official releases. They are labeled CDs.

Well if they're lossless then it shouldn't matter that they're bootlegs, there will be no difference.
You should run the tracks through Adobe Auditions/Audacity and check the spectrogram to make sure they actually the format they're labeled as.
t. lazy fuck who hasn't even taken the wcd interview

sorry for the poo type question, is there a way to identify the source of a hevc encode through it's metadata?

>based summer fags got BTFO by 312cuck, after /ptg/ started to go south

what's in the oppaitime invite forums
are there actual recruitment threads for other trackers
or is it just boobs

>what's in the oppaitime invite forums

invites

crazy

Thanks for both your responses. Appreciated. I agree when watching the movie the difference isn't very noticeable.

FORECAST!

what did he mean by this?

Building muh ratio on two shit tier trackers. Hoping over time to snag an invite somewhere on the pyramid.

It will take that cunt another month.

Why bother? You can only get to other curries. Cabal only recruit from cabal.

So I'm getting my upload connection upgraded to 100Mbit for free next month and I wonder if I'll have any chance against seedboxes if you are early on torrents these days? I have an 9 year old what.cd account that I barely use, but I would like to secure a better ratio, I'm currently at 0.96. Is there any hope or is everyone using seedboxes these days?

NEVER underestimate the autism of whatcucks. We are talking dedicated 100gbit link ssd servers that they pay 100s a month for.

>100Mbit upload
>wondering if he has a chance

Are you retarded? You'll do better than most people on What. Most people don't have that. Only a faster seedbox will beat you and it doesn't fucking matter.

How do you even get 0.95 ratio on WCD? I have only 50Mbit upload and I've got 200GB of buffer just from freeleech and a double digit ratio.

>summerfags
>based
haha the fuck are you smoking?

Where can I find this?

imdb.com/title/tt4117294/

TPB