Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

finally said "fuck it" and upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, because I heard you get the registration code with the free upgrade

However, I would like to fresh install. How do I go about finding the registration code? I'm gonna download the Windows 10 .iso from Microsoft website and burn that to a disc and reinstall that way.

anyone?

OP, if you wanna make the jump, you must use the product key from your current Windows installation. Write it down, get it from the sticker on your PC/laptop or use an utility to extract the product key from Windows Registry. And make sure you don't miss a single character.

Since Autumn Update you can do a clean install and use your product key directly when prompted by the installer. Enter it, install it then connect to Internet to register with MS servers (on its own, it won't bother you with questions), then you'll be good to go.

Really? I didn't get any prompt from the installer to use a product key

Why did you ever make the jump?
Just stick with Windows 7, user.

Enjoy your keyloggers, retard.

well fuck.. I'm just gonna have to dig up my old windows 7 product key and disk..

I just heard that I get a free product key with the Windows 10 update so I figured why not

you don't need it, you'll simply have to click on "I don't have the cd-key" and it will figure out the cd-key that you use from your current W7 system. That's what I did 4 days ago.

I heard you can downgrade if you don't like Windows 10, so you can try that.

I still want a fresh install, I'm due for one.

use this

Just get a Windows 7 iso and the daz loader.
Or, if you like to be authentic, there's a key of Windows 7 on G2A for ~$50.

thanks

OP fucking check that there are win10 drivers for your hardware before you format!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm running relatively new hardware.

What is google

Just use mtk or kms

Seriously. Don't hunt for arcane documents of years past so you can enter the key. You already bought it. Fuck it.

How do I turn off demo mode on Windows 7? Media Player Classic is suddenly showing a red line in the middle.

Use W10 Enterprise, no other version.

>However, I would like to fresh install.
There's an option to refresh(reinstall with documents untouched) or reset(complete format and reinstall of windows partition)

>How do I go about finding the registration code?
Windows 10 dropped that shit. After installation it looks up hardware ID or whatever of your motherboard from their servers that registered during upgrade once it gets internet. If you switch the motherboard you use the key of the windows you upgraded from.