>Nintendo Codename NX to use Nvidia Tegra Processor

Sup Forums BTFO
AMDKEKS BTFO
FREEGANS BTFO

No one cares

It is a "Rumor", no one cares.

I love these threads so much

every time Sup Forums gets BTFO is like a blessing from god himself

This bullshit is like sports for people that dont watch sports.

Getting comfy before freegan shitstorm

Its funnier that someone made the time to post this. They must have been BTFO by some AMDKEKS at some point to make them this mad.

wtf I hate nintendo now

This thread now belongs to the discussion of Nvidia products, AMD

I just want Sup Forums to go. It would improve this board 10x

It's really impressive how Nvidia can make a chip slightly stronger than a PS3 and make it fit into fucking tablet.

anyone ever use a tegra based system?

yeah, it's pretty crazy what 10 years of gpu advancements can do.

This. The bad thing is it's not just people on Sup Forums. People all over the world have lost faith in nintendo and have resorted to emulators if they want to play their shitty retro games. The graphics are just too god damned awful to be somethings kids would consider with S7 phones that playgames with PS3-level graphics.

NVIDIA Shield.

Technically less.

I just want to play Zelda desu but the
>XIS Y
>Y BTFO
Is getting out of hand

Nintendo is dead in the water, though. The WiiU was a massive flop, and even though the 3DS was alright, they managed to piss off their entire playerbase multiple times over multiple games.

Like what games?

If im not wrong the only reason Wii U sold was because Splatoon and Smash.

>Nividia gave Nintendo a super sweet deal on the hardware

Sometimes it amazes me what people will believe.

Censorship in multiple games and general casualisaton while fucking their customers up the ass.

Every time Nvidia shits out a new SoC a few new products use it
Though the TV Shield, being one of the firsts Android boxes with 4K support and probably the only decent Android box with proper Android TV, is quite popular
Nintendo is going to be more alive than ever, the NX will probably be their last console, they will ride on their IP and go the way of SEGA but successfully by selling out to the casual smartphone market
This, there's a reason they Nintendo has always used ATi/AMD, also Nvidia seems to have lost all interest in the console market and their SoC efforts have lost a lot of traction

Both Pokemon games were shit (X/Y and OS/AS) for multiple reasons, and Pokemon is a massive driving force for sales. Other than that, highly anticipated games didn't deliver enough, or were changed too drastically for their fans tasting, straight up censorship and removal of content from the original japanese version, not localizing games to the West or only doing it really late and with shitty rushed translations, the list goes on really. The 3DS might have sold a good millions of units, but it pissed off a lot of people that bought it.

>slower than current consoles
>barely faster than last generation consoles
>going to be even slower than next gen consoles coming next year
Dead before it even left the factory.
Plus it's using the piece of shit known as tegra, so it'll overheat and throttle worse than the last generation of consoles, doesn't have backwards compatibility, and will have literally 0 third party support.

Nintendo's trying hard to become Apple but they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

Metrics Prime: Federation Farts

Its a rumor, like the rest of the info currently out of the console.

Just clickbait sites making up stuff.

>also Nvidia seems to have lost all interest in the console market and their SoC efforts have lost a lot of traction

I don't know why people find this surprising, if you were in the same business line as Nvidia you would want to completely get rid of the low/mid range GPUs too, specially a company like Nvidia that doesn't owns their own fabs. Wafers used in low/mid range low profit GPUs are wafers not being used for high end highest profits margin GPUs.

If it's true though, it leads to an interesting question: who is AMD's third buyer for their chips?

probably aplel is buying zen apus for their laptops

Maybe they made a new contract for the xbox one s separated from the scorpio

or maybe amd couldn't provide a chip which met performance/power consumption requirements. the tegra may be some underpowered shit (with lagdroid anyway) but maxwell is very, very efficient and more efficient than anything amd has so it's understandable.

i think the only other alternative would have been apple and their ipad chips but it probably wasn't as powerful as the tegra.

If you're talking efficiency then PowerVR has them beat and they don't have to deal with Nvidias nonsense.

ty for old news

>stillborn console uses stillborn SoC
lmao

I really hope they won't do this. This whole shit with portable turning into a console is fucking retared. Uf they go with Tegra they're doubly fucked.
3rd party not only have to make 2 versions of their games, but also make rewrite and remake ton of shit for this odd one nonGCN console.

It's stillborne Because of the SoC

>PowerVR
Literally the worst solution ever developed. Even server-grade MATROX is less of a torture.

5 million chips that profit $80 is still worth a hell of a lot more than 1 million that profit an average of 250

Ignoring (mainstream) low end, mid range sales is ignoring the biggest total money maker. Low sale, high margins mean dick when you have to spend a fantastical amount to develop the product.

>or were changed too drastically for their fans tasting, straight up censorship and removal of content from the original japanese version

Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Even if it does, who actually wants the new Nintendo console?

I agree. The "muh grafix card" flamewars are just as bad as the console ones
Seems like Sup Forums is becoming neo Sup Forums while Sup Forums becomes neo Sup Forums
No one actually discusses technology in these threads, it's all just shitflinging

*Sup Forums is already Sup Forums, not becoming. My bad.

>tablet hardware
into the trash it goes

Herself*

so this is new 3ds?

You seem to forget that the base is fundamental.
Most players have low or midrange cards and make up the majority of the player base.
Developers trying to please the player base will chose the most sold chip designer when focusing on the development.
So the high end markt lives of the low end markt in some kinda way.
There is a reason why Intel is so fucking big and mighty compared to AMD and it is not because they only sell i7, which cost Intel barely 50$ per chip in production cost.

Nice source.

>AMD APUs in consoles that actually matter, so good they're getting an upgraded model
>Novidya spaceheater in dead-on-arrival console/portable hybrid

Wow, you sure got us there.

There should just be a GPU general for all GPU related shitposting.

>tegra
Nintendo yet again made the wrong choice.

Nintendo is finished and bankrupt.

More valuable that Sony. More cash than Sony in the bank.

Only Sony's PS division. Not the conglomerate.

Kinda an unfair comparison, considering that Nintendo does a lot of first-party development.

get back to