Spend ridiculous amounts of money on 'green power' and never even brag about it

>spend ridiculous amounts of money on 'green power' and never even brag about it
>can't even spend 2 more cents per cpu to give their customers significantly better temps by using a proper copper contact pad on skylake

i dont understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2008/20080128corp.htm
intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2010/20100125corp.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Intel sells 20 billion CPUs each quarter those 2 cents are huge

>20 billion CPUs each quarter

>20 billion CPUs
>7 billion people on planet

wat?

>'green power'
>efficient cooling

HAHAH [email protected] also I run two 290x overclocked and give no fucks.

Maybe their copper mines collapsed in Ghana?

There aren't 20 billion CPUs sold worldwide by every vendor since 1970 to now, much leas just Intel this Q

You are dumber than a sack of flower smelling shit.

i am talking about their fabs and labs famerino, they only use renewable energy like Wind/Solar to power all of them.

HAHAHHAAHA ARE YOU FOR FUCKING REAL

Do you have any flipping idea how much elextricity fabs use yearly?

Not sure where you're going with this.

intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2008/20080128corp.htm

>20 billion CPUs each quarter
Are you retarded?

So they buy green power instaed of setting it up themselves.

Okay, that means my house is 100% green because I get fed electricity from the local dam

99.9% of CPUs running stock consumer coolers will never see 100% load for more than a second or two. The remaining 0.1% will still be within thermal limits when they do. My XPS 8500 will hit 78C under load. The CPU wouldn't thermally throttle until 100C. So the stock HSF is doing its job.
It does it much better without turbo, since that 300MHz and 0.1V drop lets it sit at 68C while dropping 400RPM off the fan speed. The HSF is really approaching its limits at turbo because it's exactingly designed.

Making microchips aint cheap. Ramping up a diffusion furnace to 700 to do a tetraethyl orthrosilicate bake aint green.

well.. you're almost right this time but

intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2010/20100125corp.htm

they've also done smaller less mention-worthy stuff like putting wind farms on the top of their office buildings but meh.

but yes they mostly buy it which is obviously more expensive than going for cheaper options, this is because they have very high power requirements and they are a semiconductor corp not a power company.

and hydroelectric dam's are not green power. They destroy rivers and ecosystems.

my point is they obviously feel like they have some moral obligation to do the right thing even if it's not the most cost effective thing to do. it can't just be to make them look good because they don't flaunt it. that's why i can't understand why they'd do all of that and yet cheap out on copper slugs for their new heatsinks.

Probably to escape some nasty surprise inspections.
It's a company run by Israel, all their large scale doings are for profit, short or longterm.
No company is different.

>for profit, short or longterm.
Google pulling out of China?

Yeah okay so why not put them on the k and extreme models then

I bet it's tax benefits.

my quad core haslel caps out at around ~75-77c core temp on a very intensive stability test for over an hour on stock WITH the pre-applied paste, but it also has the copper contact. would not trust these aluminum piles of shit to do the same job.

Are those temps high? Sure. Unsafe? Not really. For STOCK speeds & voltages you should expect it to do the job at any load even for an extended period of time without throttling below the base clock or worse yet hitting TJ max.

Either tax or to avoid fines related to environmental factors.

You asking why they don't come with stock HSFs anymore?

Because you're retarded.

Not same user, but you can't say that damns don't produce sustainable energy because of local enviromental damage, at least not while reffering to wind turbines as sustainable two paragraphs before. Sound emissions that disturb local wildlife in a ten mile radius, as well as being giant bird blenders.

There is no such thing as green energy when the tools required to make them makes loads of CO2

Want green? Sit yourself and pedal, otherwise you're a hypocrite

OP what's stopping you from removing the pad and applying a thermal compound of your choice?

not sure what you're implying, better thermal paste isn't going to make that aluminum conduct heat any better.

Nevermind, I misunderstood.

Just throw the stock cooler in the trash, then.

Thanks for the laugh user. 5/7, perfect reaction.