I would never recommend Powerline Ethernet Adapters to anybody

I would never recommend Powerline Ethernet Adapters to anybody.

I think stability is dodgy and the one time now that I had to reset the router, the connection was severed between my computer and the router until I had to manually unplug this adapter from the wall and plug it back in. It just creates more things that can go wrong.

Ok.

that happens to me often but somehow still too lazy to get 100 foot ethernet cable and just run it

PowerLine adapters rely on your houses internal wiring. If your wiring is old and shitty guess what? PowerLine adapters are gonna drop out and be overall shitty. If your house is modern construction and modern properly done wiring, PowerLine adapters can work flawlessly for months on end.

It depends on how good the wiring is in your house you dolt. Either way, just run some fucking cat 5e

I would recommend it for certain cases, on the other hand. My desktop uses it and it's fine. If I try to put my laptops on it they struggle to download at more than 1 MB/s

I think it really depends on the wiring in your house. Apparently I lucked out and where the desktop is is wired up fine but over by my bed must be shit.

Heavily dependent on the wiring in your house. Didn't work for me. MoCA has been an absolute god send for me though, so look into that if you're wired for Coax.

I'm forced into it due to circumstances. Being a neetfag and my dad changed internet providers and now the modem has to be connected to the primary phone line across the house and no longer in my bedroom. I have a super long cat5 cable, but there's no way he'd be happy with me running it across the house.

The house is only 16 years old

>The house is only 16 years old
That doesn't mean they didn't do stupid things with the wiring during construction.

rip me I just order a pair yesterday

Yeah I know damn well this would never work in my house.

cant you drill holes and use clips to nail the wire to the baseboard to different rooms? better than just laying it on the floor for you drunk paps to trip over during his stupors.

Ring circuits in the UK. Probably degrades it.

Werks(flawlessly)on my machine :^)

>tfw parents won't let you run an ethernet cable upstairs

It's faster than any usb adapter

They're garbage and should only be used as a last resort.

my dad drilled through the ceiling to get an ethernet upstairs lol

Not OP but what about getting a pci-e card with better antennas or at least ability to plug in a better antenna like pic related? I mean that could work out ok? Or maybe placing some kind of repeater somewhere?

Just werked for me, better overall than using a USB wifi adapter

wifi isn't terrible, but the inherent latency (no matter how small it is) vs a wired connection is unacceptable.

Well when a wired connection and powerline isn't a good option I mean. Improving the wifi signal can get the job done ok.

Powerline adapters work as well as your internal house wiring.

Takes a little trial and error to find the best combination of plugs but they've just werked for me.

5GHz WiFi has better latency than powerline.

you're fucking clueless

[loudly keking]

Show me a powerline setup with

left is powerline
right is wireless (two rigs in same room)

Same here, MoCA is amazing

Right, believe it or not, 5GHz WiFi actually has better latency than powerline. That's best case scenario for both. 5GHz being weak through walls and powerline being heavily dependant on your home's wiring.

you've obviously never used a nice AC router with a good nic.

Well if you already have cable tv that wouldn't work I assume?

Friendly reminder that if you don't own one of these you have no business visiting Sup Forums

this is now a crimper thread.

well ...

Why not wiring any new house with cat7?

Because shit is expensive at over 400 USD per 1000 feet. It's better to go with a good cat6 and place extra empty conduit for future upgrades.

Ring circuits actually make it better generally as if its on the same ring the signal has to go through less copper.

could you be any more polish?

saved

fell for that meme too, but I'll just stick it back up amazon's ass. on a related note does anyone know a good wifi-card?