Maybe suicide is the answer

>dropped out of college
>managed to get a 1 year contract position as a programmer but nothing since then
>spent the last two years as a NEET
>every time they say i dont have enough experience but they'll "reach out to me when they find something that is a good fit" but they never do, even for entry level stuff
>spent months creating a github and portfolio website but no one seems to care
>Tried freelancing on upwork but can't even get one client even after months of submitting proposals

Sup Forums I feel complete worthless. I can't even get an entry level position even though I already have experience. I haven't made a dollar off freelancing even though I've been trying for months. My situation feels so completely hopeless I just feel like killing my self. I sometimes see threads on here where you guys brag about making 6 figures after a couple years or just living off of freelancing full time. How do you do it? What am I doing wrong?

yes. kill yourself.

Just find some IT/Costumer Support job and get your shit together first, then you can think about how to make 6 figures.

yeah you should probably consider suicide you stupid fucking frogposter

kys

Don't do it user. Try painting

How much interviews have you had in the last 2 years OP?

Write a book on how to be success. Spoiler alert: the trick is to scam people into reading a shitty book on success.

Seriusly.
Stop bitchin around and go on. Learn more and make projects that shows that you got skills.
Go to a boot camp which gives you a fcking evidence that you are able to programm.

But don't be that kid who cries in the corner.

Just move to India senpai

get any job while you work on your portfolio honestly having a large unemployment gap on your cv is almost as bad as a criminal record

>not able to find a job as a programmer with actual work experience
>in $CURRENT_YEAR

You must be kidding right?
I don't even want to quit my job and i get recruiters harassing me all the fucking time.

I'd even be happy with 25k/y at this point. I just want to get my foot in the door.

>I live in silicon valley so everyone else must live there too

1 phone interview, 1 skype interview, and 1 group interview last week.

But that's the thing. I have skills and I have some projects. I don't think I'm a terrible programmer. When I do hear back they just tell me they're concerned about the gap in my resume and nothing I can say will convince them to give me a chance.

Surely a job at McCucks would just make me look worse? Wouldn't I be better off with the gap than explaining why I had to work such a shit job?

Teach me your secrets?

maybe not McCucks but at least Starbucks which is the white peoples McCucks, from personal experience getting another job while employed is a fuck load easier than while NEET

>1 phone interview, 1 skype interview, and 1 group interview last week.
Dont give up so easily you cuck it took me at least 40 horrible social-anxiety riddled interviews before i landed my job

Problem isn't the interview. It's getting an interview in the first place.

>dropped out of college

this fucked you over

Join air force and get shitloads of benefits and the experience you need for tech jobs out of the airforce.

you must live in the south. where i am at you could get ten job offers thrown at you today.

Just live the neet life user, it's not so bad. There's no shame not being able to find a job, real life is bullshit and unfair anyway.

Because you'll make money killing yourself. Get a grip OP. If you're knocking on one door and it's not opening, find another door. Try something else.

Also:
Pic related, my computer.

Market is flooded with college graduates. I am curious to see what happens after the baby boomers all retire. Nobody wants to work.So many bums. We are in for a shit storm.

don't do it user.
a human life nothing to joke around

The economy is shit right now. Don't sweat it. NEETs are now numerous enough to be a voting block.

kill yourself my man, god will give you a job, he's kind

I know.

No thanks. It's not for me.

Where do you live? I'll move there tomorrow. No joke.

One of three things will happen.
1. They implement UBI
2. They figure out a way to bring enough factory jobs back from China to put people back to work.
3. They don't do 1 or 2 and violent crime increases.

don't do you it you stupid quitter nigger

i code and sell xenforo add-ons, you might be better if you tried learning discourse/flarum/nodebb or shit like that.

i tried finding other coding jobs but none wanted me , lvl up and make some shekells.

Yep

ITT survivor bias fags

fill the gap with some lies, don't be a nigger tho, don't put "oh yeah I helped in the second coming of jesus"

Take out the bit of experience you have. The 2 year gap makes it look bad. Just apply for tech support positions and start over.

In fact, tech support is probably a better option anyway.

If the neet option is sustainable for a while, start making apps or something you can sell directly to the public. That way either you succeed or if you fail you spent those two plus years "working on a business that didn't pan out." Failing at business is way better than having done nothing, which is how employers view oss work.

just be urself :^)

go for IT or costumer support to boost your confidence and fill the blank space, keep trying with freelancing and keep looking for jobs nigger

Don't kill yourself
just try exit(0);

>your secrets
I get good job offers because i have a good education and years of experience with relevant tech, but i also get a fuckload of shit offers.

And i have a bunch of colleagues who get those too without the associated diplomas. You just gotta fucking get your resume out here and be willing to move around.

>silicon valley
Nah you kidding, that shithole is way too expensive, it's full of meme companies anyways. Get your ass to one of the small states with brand new fiber networks, IT buisiness is booming there and life there is cheap as fuck.

ITT people with actual skills beyond webdev

>Thinking you're locked into getting a job only for your one skill set
I have a degree in biology but I currently work in aviation management. I'm working on finding a job bio related while I make 70k+ a year and plan out more schooling.

Get a job somewhere else but keep trying programming in your spare time. Having a job makes you feel significantly less worthless, even if it doesn't seem respectable, which can help with future interviews. Just never code on company time.

wtf? You don't need to kill yourself, just claim benefits and go NEET.

Pic related.

Dont do it user, i believe in you

Bamp

What kind of lie could I put on there that can't be verified with a simple phone call anyway?

Does tech support actually help you get entry level programming positions? All I had last time was an internship.

NEET option not sustainable much longer. About to get kicked out soon.. I was hoping the freelancing thing could be my failed business. That's how I put it on my resume anyway.

I do keep trying the freelancing and looking for jobs but it's not working. I must be doing something wrong. I was hoping for some advice on what to do differently. Is 3 months on upwork without a single contract normal?

I've posted my resume on all job sites I could find. I apply everywhere and always put I'm willing to relocate immediately. The only couple phone calls I've gotten were for telemarketing bullshit.

What if I only have one skill set?

I don't even know how to game the system to get benefits.